To The Devs

Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
Dear Developers of Unknown Worlds,
You guys are so amazing! You have made a superb game and have built a great community around it! You have exceeded many expectations (mine included) and the whole community wishes you the best of luck on future projects. I may have only played SN but I have seen footage of your other games and they look as great as this one. The whole community wishes you the best of luck,
The UW Community! :)

Comments

• subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Personally, the thing I love most about the devs is their creativity. If you look at Natural Selection, it's a combination between a top-down strategy game and an fps. I hadn't even considered that as possible, and though I haven't played it (yet :smile: ) it looks like a well developed, smoothly designed game!

I think their creativity shines most in Subnautica, however. I find that I enjoy the biological element of any game to a large extent, and the way Subnautica handles its flora and fauna is a new precedent for me. The way the player can learn so much about the local ecosystem and the philosophy of coexisting rather than colonizing in an environment come to mind. I think one of my favorite things about the game, though, is the creature design. Often in games with creature companions/enemies I find that most of them are either almost copies of earth creatures, or just oddities with no substance to them. However, in Subnautica, the creatures are inspired beyond imagination. Take the Boomerang, for example. It seems to me completely unique, and actually has adaptations and features that give it a place in its environment (e.g. the teeth specifically for grinding coral, corresponding to its safe shallows home)- or how about the stalker? Or the Sandshark? All of these creatures display fabulous inspiration, and I would like to commend the creature designer who imagined them.

:smile:
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Dear Unknown Worlds

I would totally bang you :wink:

♥ Leonhardt
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Dear Unknown Worlds

I would totally bang you :wink:

♥ Leonhardt

HAHAHA!! Also, ewww!! There could be kids!
  • toohappy101toohappy101 California Join Date: 2016-11-03 Member: 223620Members
    after the time it says because of a massacare, weapons are removed, say "though i am obliged to allow access to weapons if you truely need them" or somthing like that and basically if you scan dangerous and or large creatures that are aggressive it will gradually give you access to better and better weapons, eveantually giving you a submarine that has guns.
    Also add labratory stuff that works so you could research animals, add a cage for large animals, and have equipment attach to windows in cage and outside of alien containment.
    finally, the S.H.A.R.C suit (slightly hitting attack robot controllable) that only does half damage as prawn suit with fists, but attacks 4x as fast and can do combos and techniques with feet and hand, and based off my comment earlier, could also potentially get a gun?
    but wait, there is more. (sorry im just on an idea spree, i was looking for a way to contact devs :D) mabey also another submersible; the sea fighter (would have guns, based on earlier comment.)
    also mabey a submarine dock?
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    OH MUY GOSH!! Just edit your previous comment. My notifications were spammed with your comments!!
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    OH MUY GOSH!! Just edit your previous comment. My notifications were spammed with your comments!!

Passing on knowledge learned to the next generation. Very good, young grasshopper.

Passing on knowledge learned to the next generation. Very good, young grasshopper.

Yes, teaher
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members

They are supposedly already considering/working on a way for the Cyclops to dock with your base through the front hatch/nose of it.
    B)
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »

They are supposedly already considering/working on a way for the Cyclops to dock with your base through the front hatch/nose of it.
    B)

https://trello.com/c/Hg1gT7QR/193-cyclops-dock

It's under "Post 1.0"
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    EvilSmoo wrote: »
    DaveyNY wrote: »

B)

https://trello.com/c/Hg1gT7QR/193-cyclops-dock

It's under "Post 1.0"

Yeah that's why I typed "Considering/Working on".

We don't know if is actually a thing they will follow through on.
    B)
    did the devs see the earlier ones though? about mabey 3 new vehicles and the weapon system?
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    did the devs see the earlier ones though? about mabey 3 new vehicles and the weapon system?

I would suggest looking through the forum history. The devs have said they won't implement guns, but they might have seen the vehicle idea. Seeing as it's mostly combat based, though, I doubt they would look too favourably on it...
    oh. i just wish there was easier ways to do things like, say, kill a reaper without slicing a million cuts in them with knifes.
    edited November 2016
    oh. i just wish there was easier ways to do things like, say, kill a reaper without slicing a million cuts in them with knifes.

Well, I think it's designed to be difficult and tedious to do that, so that people will focus more on coexisting rather than destroying their environment.

EDIT: Look, I hate to break it to you, but violence in this videogame is usually going to be only directed at you. The devs have specified they're not going to add guns, or make many options that promote outright violence against creatures.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    I would be extremely surprised if they added any new vehicles. They're still in the process of debugging Cyclops stuff (I hope...), and I haven't seen any vehicle idea that isn't redundant, or doesn't make existing vehicles redundant. Sure, lots of them are cool, but cool doesn't generate dev time, and deadlines don't care about cool.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    A jetpack would be nice.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    A jetpack would be nice.

You do have one: the P.R.A.W.N
    A jetpack would be nice.

My first ever thread was about one.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    I had an idea for a grapple gun ages ago, but then Sea Hulk was introduced and my dreams were smashed. I haven't posted about it since, but I'm gonna say it now.

A grapple gun would be cool... maybe... I don't know. I had an idea for the animation as well. If you don't care, just skip it. I won't make you read about this:
    You'd shoot the gun, the strand would fire off, much like on Sea Hulk, and then it would pull you forward, but sideways. The arm holding the gun would stretch out forwards and your body would pivot to the left. Then just before you hit the wall you pull on the gun to straighten yourself out along the rock face (probably. I don't know what you wanna grapple to, grapple to whatever you want) and you'd let go of the gun. You'd hit the wall with both your hands stretched out to cushion yourself and then you'd push off.

So that's the animation. Now, to nerf this system so that you can't use it just to easily escape monsters all the time, you need to take five seconds out of your busy day to retrieve the grapple gun and take the spike out of the rock (or coral. or whatever). You could upgrade this system. You could combine the grapple with a repulsion cannon so that when you come close to the wall a repulsion shot stops you from smashing against the wall, and then a second one unhooks the pike. But at the repulsion cannon stage you might already have a Sea Hulk so it becomes obsolete. Oh well. Hope you like my idea guys :)
  • Joeypyle1993Joeypyle1993 Garden Grove Join Date: 2016-10-03 Member: 222822Members
    I have been playing Subnautica ever since it was released on steam. I have been eagerly awaiting every update as it comes out. i have also been waiting for the Cutefish Pet to come out as well. It was supposed to go to those that bought Subnautica before the 1.0 Update. Can anyone tell me how and when we will get the pet?
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    I have been playing Subnautica ever since it was released on steam. I have been eagerly awaiting every update as it comes out. i have also been waiting for the Cutefish Pet to come out as well. It was supposed to go to those that bought Subnautica before the 1.0 Update. Can anyone tell me how and when we will get the pet?

I'd imagine at release.

It will be in your steam inventory and it will come out with the 1.0 release.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    A jetpack would be nice.

That's not a jet pack. That's a jump jet pack. And it barely can be used abovewater or reach Floater Island without upgrades.

There's a jetpack listed under "Maybe" on the roadmap. As long as it remains there, I'll be hoping.
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Myrm wrote: »
    A jetpack would be nice.

That's not a jet pack. That's a jump jet pack. And it barely can be used abovewater or reach Floater Island without upgrades.

There's a jetpack listed under "Maybe" on the roadmap. As long as it remains there, I'll be hoping.

Ditto.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Is that the cute fish for real?!?
    That's the least cute thing I could have possible imagined.
    Kill it with fire.