next update.

yellowsubyellowsub manchester Join Date: 2016-07-21 Member: 220525Members
edited October 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
So I want to know what people are looking for.

I've noticed that each update brings a theme and the the contents therein all relate to that theme. Eg dangerous creatures or bones updates.

With this in mind I started thinking of what you'd all like in the next few updates?

Firstly I'm not putting in performance update as this is required with every change. funny, more stuff causes more processing drain and more lag, couldn't imagine why.

so my thoughts are to the likes of a farming update for growing fish and food in a more industrial manner or transport update for new vehicles and a potential teleporter fast travel system.

Strangely my personal favorite though is a food update. An idea for using various flora and fauna to make different foods with various effects to h2o and nutrition. Ranging from sushi to decadent crawler cakes or fruit salad to bulbo smoked peepers with a blood kelp sauce. I'd want to make everything food from bladderfish to reefbacks, cave crawlers and rays to reapers.

What you think? Whats your update theme

Comments

• yellowsubyellowsub manchester Join Date: 2016-07-21 Member: 220525Members
    Upgrades update? Gaining you the ability to upgrade power supplies and improve efficiency. You'd need to use habitation builder to add upgrades onto the original structure. Also the ability to reroute power from the fixed aurora drive core to your base for ultimate power.

Automation update? Posing the ability to automatically sort and feed from containers into specific order.

Personally I like to have a tidy base.

this could also have an update for auto harvesting of local resorces or auto filter of fish from the surrounding area etc.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    I just want a fusion reactor.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I would absolutely love a big update with a bunch of new creatures, hopefully mostly passive ones that don't want to eat my face.

I'd also love an update that adds more Base Defenses, or the ability to Sleep through the night.

Adding in the female "Scuba Stephanie" player model would be neat too.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited November 2016
    My ideal update at this point would be "Home, Seaweed Home" with major improvements regarding base building.

Technical updates would be:
    • No more area destruction when basebuilding (set for November as it is, which pleases me).
    • No more water inside the base when building at surface level.
    • No more lag due to basebuilding/game remembering even deleted structures.
    • No more NPCs attacking docked vessels.
    • Have the scanner room be functional (also November).
    • No more clipping issues with the medkit fabricator.
    • Freedom to rotate the moon pool and ladders.
    • The ability to add hull plates at the end of corridors and the spare wall of the scanner room (currently, these only accept windows).
    • PUI for the planters and alien containment units.

Gameplay updates would be:
    • A practical way to move the lifepod. Possibly by being able to hook it up to the Seamoth.
    • Unification of the energy and hull strength systems.
    • Addition of oxygen and temperature systems.
    • Proper possibilities to build above sea level.
    • Habitat builder arm for the PRAWN.

Content updates would be:
    • Glass ceiling and floor for MP room.
    • A base management console or room (so I can, for instance, turn off the spotlights if I'm nearly out of energy. Also to change colors like I can change those of the vehicles).
    • A roof balcony for atop MP rooms.
    • More energy resources, such as a treadmill, a wind/current-sensitive device, and a fusion reactor.
    • External vehicle recharge stations to increase travel distance without having to switch batteries.
    • Mounted signal.
    • An astronomy station so I can tell the time of day and predict eclipses. (Can double as meteorology station if weather's gonna be a thing, though I don't know what purpose it would serve.)
    • Whatever equipment needed for that oxygen & temperature thing.
    • A cyclops dock.
    • A vehicle workbench for the seaglide (and hopefully jetpack).
    • Stations to hook up fire extinguishers too. Has to actually refill.
    • Furniture for outside.
    • Central support pillars for the MP room for extra hull strength. Preferably with some variation like one with a circular bench around it. I could use it for my main hall which always ends up feeling sorta empty in the middle. I dislike always working from the walls, but there's little that looks good when working from the center.
    • Elevator for MP room towers.
    • (Seeing as I really want a boat, a boat dock. Would be a great addition to island bases. Could double for the lifepod).
    Just to tag on there how about the ability to merge rooms or simply have bigger rooms then the mpr. And corners I'm sick of round this and that. Give me a nice brick shaped room.

loved the idea tho.

Keep em comming
  • Hammy2211Hammy2211 Join Date: 2016-10-18 Member: 223218Members
    yellowsub wrote: »
    Just to tag on there how about the ability to merge rooms or simply have bigger rooms then the mpr. And corners I'm sick of round this and that. Give me a nice brick shaped room.

loved the idea tho.

Keep em comming

The one problem with having corners underwater is that is tends to create weak points. With a rounded shape, pressure is distributed evenly around the entire structure. With boxy shapes, the pressure is focused more on the flat faces, which can more easily buckle in. That's why things meant to hold pressurized gases are almost always cylinders. They're the strongest shape for the task.
  • harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
    How about getting some decent nav controls for the Cyclops and its cameras? Would like to get camera controls on the 5 hot buttons, (with no text on the view). Having a decent data-panel view across the bottom of the screen, independent of camera view, would be great. We could see our depth , depth-beneath-keel, compass, coordinates, health, power and whatever else. This sort of data and display would make the Cyclops so much more useful and manageable.

The Cyclops is a major way of getting around in the game and I hope these fixes/additions would come before more creatures, biomes, flora or fauna. What good is having that stuff if it is a PITA to get to them?
    Following the base improvement idea id love to see ladder animation taking a few seconds to climb a floor. Say 10 ish seconds per floor however an elevator could do this at only 3 seconds per floor. Or even add ramps, straight or angled basic or glass.

I love the idea of homesteading in games and the base customisation in this game so far leaves much to be desired. That said it is early access so can't moan too much yet.

in responce to the corner idea from earlier. I'd gladly take a structual reduction to feel more comfortable asthetically. I'd just strengthen it somewhere else.

personally though I'd love to see different docks besides the moonpool. And wet rooms over hatch ideas.

Again with homesteading I think it would be great to be able to make a full industrial sized farm room but mpr is too compact for me.

just a last point going back to food update idea I had. If we are on this planet to rescue a crashed mongol ship which I'm told is a asian confederation. Then why the hell can I not find rice anywhere in game. How am I supposed to make boomerang maki sushi without rice.
  • omegatauromegataur Spain Join Date: 2016-01-28 Member: 212240Members
    i'd love to see a build update who has literally more types of buildings like diagonal corridors, giant multipurpose rooms, double moon pools... those things.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    I know this isn't exactly what you were asking, but I'd like to see seasonal updates like Christmas, Halloween and Easter updates. The Christmas update could focus on the Ghost Tree, making it Christmas themed, as well as covering the two islands and aurora in a layer of snow. Halloween could maybe make all of the creatures have orange eyes, the reefback's green orbs orange, and redecorate a lot of things. Easter could add Easter Island heads on the floating or mountain islands, and there could be small Easter Eggs around the map that, if you find them, they give you rewards.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    I know this isn't exactly what you were asking, but I'd like to see seasonal updates like Christmas, Halloween and Easter updates. The Christmas update could focus on the Ghost Tree, making it Christmas themed, as well as covering the two islands and aurora in a layer of snow. Halloween could maybe make all of the creatures have orange eyes, the reefback's green orbs orange, and redecorate a lot of things. Easter could add Easter Island heads on the floating or mountain islands, and there could be small Easter Eggs around the map that, if you find them, they give you rewards.

You forgot giving the Reaper a Santa hat and beard.