Build 311 is now live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

13»

Comments

• maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    Question about registration? Playing Infected I hear a marine get infected around a corner, so I wait for him to "accidentally wander in" ... When he does I instantly flame him. But instead of dieing, I see some numbers pop up and he just stands there... I flamed him a bit extra and low and behold his ping went from 41-600+. A moment later he runs away only to teleport from around a corner as I chase him to infect me.

I was under the impression that the server "counted" the first damage it received, how did I not kill him?
  • NotPaLaGiNotPaLaGi Join Date: 2014-05-29 Member: 196291Members
    edited November 2016
    Infested was pretty fun. Got me trying NS2 for the first time since health bar update in May.

Some thoughts: I was really surprised to find out you could still kill cysts and weld stuff once you are infected. I feel like you should be able to shoot your flamethrower/welder to pretend you are friendly, but it would do zero damage. Would help out balance because u could ask your marine buddy to prove hes not infected if u are near cysts/powernode/extractor which is the biggest cause of infested win rate right now (lack of marine teamplay/mistrust of grouping up). This could allow much more teamwork among marines and hopefully help the balance.

Also, the puke green color outline of infested versus the yellow non-infected outline is confusing to new players. The first couple games as an infected I assumed the other bright yellow outline meant that marine was also infected. Nope... Please use yellow outline for infected marines and blue outline for non-infected, it makes way more sense.
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    edited November 2016
    @NotPaLaGi

Agree with the color codeing issue... but "proof" defeats the purpose.

I would go the other way, allow infested to kill infested. Currently the only "proof" is to see a marine kill someone and not die himself.

Or go a step further and have the initial infected have a 2-4 minute initial health (after all it's an infection it will effect everyone different). Take away that "well just sit hear and stair at each other until 2:30"... for balance use a half normal distribution so that "most" of the time they die 2:30-3:00, but you never know.......

Trust no one!
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited November 2016
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Infected poster?

The picture thing that fades in and out when starting in ready room.
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    TinCan wrote: »
    Where do I know that Boooooop Boooooop Boooooop ping sound that I'm thinking of from anyway? Well you can't see what I'm thinking but try anyway. Maybe its Beeeeep Beeeeeep Beeeeep
    I remember now. It's the sound in NS that plays after the last hive is destroyed but before the Alien(s) die.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    coolitic wrote: »
    Infected poster?

I don't even know what this is..
    Were you on a modded server or something?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2016
    Infected poster?
    Two people who playtested the mod from its inception don't know what you are talking about. Screenshot pls @coolitic
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Infected poster?

I was on @wooza 's server, I think it was the only one hosting infested at the time.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Just curious, has anyone noticed that if you shoot a powernode as a marine it dims the power in the room ever so slightly? not only if you shoot it but if someone else does?
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    SupaFred wrote: »
    You can mix Infested maps with regular maps in the map vote.

I'm planning on adding that option to my server when I get home tonight but after searching for info I'm still not clear how I am going to do it. Do I just add the mod info to maps in the mapcycle.json or something?

• WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Example MapCycle.json with Infested map:
    {
      "maps": [
        {
          "map": "ns2_summit"
        },
        {
          "map": "infest_summit"
        }
      ],
      "time": 30,
      "mode": "order"