Inventory menu contrast bug?

SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
edited October 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Since installing the most recent update (the Bone Yard) I've noticed that after playing for a short time the inventory menu appears very washed out, as if the contrast has been maxed out on it (making it hard to see items, etc.) Saving and reloading seems to fix the issue for a few minutes, but it comes back in under 15 mins of playtime.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146087040@N02/shares/C3ph5N

Comments

• harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
    Yep - seeing that too! Just brought my Sept-saved game into the Bone Yard release, and got the gray'd out PDA. Also it came back after a save-restart, but haven't checked for it's return.
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    It seems to happen regularly with my save, but I still haven't figured out the cause of it yet or if it happens with a new game.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Join Date: 2016-08-29 Member: 221864Members
    I'm seeing the greyed-out (appearance -- it's still functional) PDA/inventory UI here too. Seems to do it mostly when I'm inside my base.

I've also experienced a glitch where the PDA/inventory UI goes totally invisible -- so far I've only seen that (or not, as the case may be) while inside the Cyclops.

Saving, exiting and restarting the game fixes it, until the next time it happens.
    Ayradyss wrote: »

I've also experienced a glitch where the PDA/inventory UI goes totally invisible -- so far I've only seen that (or not, as the case may be) while inside the Cyclops.

I've ran into that one too in the cyclops, and found out it's not actually vanished, it's just relocated.

If you walk to the front of the cyclops and open the pda while looking out the window you'll see a huge hand lift a giant pda to the front of the cyclops window instead. (Apparently the game thinks the cyclops is the character?)

Either way both of these bugs are irritating, especially when it takes 90 seconds to reload each time to fix it.
  • RaftreyRaftrey Join Date: 2016-10-30 Member: 223490Members
    edited October 2016
    Same here getting the washed out PDA. I have noticed so far it only occurs after I docked in the MoonPool. It appears the MoonPool is the offender for me. Other then that never got it before
  • mstiles92mstiles92 Join Date: 2016-10-30 Member: 223494Members
    I am getting this bug as well. I agree that it seems to happen after docking in the MoonPool. Saving and restarting the game fixes the issue until the next time I dock in the MoonPool.
  • RaftreyRaftrey Join Date: 2016-10-30 Member: 223490Members
    It might be more widespread then the MoonPool unfortunately, was able to produce this bug after docking the SeaMoth with the Cyclops aswell
  • monthigosmonthigos Join Date: 2016-10-31 Member: 223526Members
    I found a suggestion on the Steam forums: if you exited the Cyclops via the Seamoth (I'm not sure about the PRAWN) and then entered via the bottom hatch, then the bug of the 'invisible' PDA may occur. Exiting the Cyclops and redocking your Seamoth may fix the issue (it did for me). If you look down when you're experiencing the bug you'll notice it's not rendering your entire body, or rather, it's rendering it UNDER the Cyclops. Walk to the bubble canopy at the front of the ship and look down; you'll see your body.
    It can happen occasionally when just entering or exiting the Cyclops controls or otherwise after using any vehicle or entering a base.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I've had the greyed out inventory while in my seabase. Haven't experienced the invisible one yet.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I have this bug too. I am not as bothered by the washed out look as I am by the fact various background images clip through it, like the grass within plant pots and the contents of the bioreactor.
    After some more experimentation I can say for certain the menu contrast bug is caused by docking the sea moth either in the moon pool or the Cyclops.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    If you undock it, does the bug go away?
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    If you undock it, does the bug go away?

Not that I've experienced, it persists (even through death) until you save and reload, then it's fine up until it happens again.
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    Raftrey wrote: »
    Same here getting the washed out PDA. I have noticed so far it only occurs after I docked in the MoonPool. It appears the MoonPool is the offender for me. Other then that never got it before

This for me. My PDA is fine until I dock my Seamoth in the moonpool. Only way to get rid of it is a reload. Docking and redocking does nothing. Undocking and getting out of the Seamoth does nothing. Swimming into new biomes does nothing. Day and night make no difference either.

I can live with it for now, but hoping it gets fixed next update.
  • doomloarddoomloard Join Date: 2016-11-30 Member: 224389Members
    This is also happening for me saving and going to the main menu seems to fix this least till i redock with the moon pool or leave the MoonPool with the SeaMoth i be willing to try other combinations of ways to recreate this however i do not have a cyclops so cant test with that at the moment