Audio malfunctions

Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
For the last few revisions I've noticed that some audio events playinahighpitchedacceleratedgabble. The first time it showed up, it was just messages on the damaged com console and I assumed it was deliberate. But I've since had oxygen warnings, stalker calls, even the sound of the fabricator sometimes play at about twice normal speed.

Something is not working right. Surely this isn't intentional...?

Comments

• ZganjarZganjar Romania Join Date: 2016-10-24 Member: 223346Members
    I can confirm. This has happened to me lately, and I've just registered to post this bug.

Subnautica Version

Description
    It happens about once in every two occasions, with all types of notifications. The Medkit Fabricator also seems to distort its looped notification sound every now and then.

It's usually voices that are obviously distorted. The oxygen warning, for example, plays twice when pitched/time-compressed. The first one in full, while the second one is interrupted after less then a second right after the word "Warning" is voiced, as if somehow there was a max total time frame that the notification is supposed to play inside.

I do believe the soundtracks are also being cut a few seconds before they end, but never distorted in pitch or duration.

Reproduction steps
    Listen to sounds of AI, Appliances or Fauna. Once in a while the sound will be time-compressed and distorted to a high-pitch version of the original sound. Sometimes the sound is repeated, but the second time it gets interrupted midway.

Applicable for any notification, especially noticeable on warnings of AI on Lifepod, Seabase and Seamoth.
    All appliances ~seem~ to have the same issue. It's harder to notice, as the sound is more synthetic.
    I haven't heard it on the male AI in the Cyclops, but I only have that since a few minutes ago (yay!)
    I don't remember hearing this on Tools, but I do think I have heard it on Fauna.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    Actually I'm now noticing, in #38227, no less than FOUR distinct audio malfunctions:
    1. Double speed;
    2. Half speed;
    3. QUARTER speed;
    4. Faint and muffled.