Help! Lifepods have gone berserk!

Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
Three hours into a new game, my lifepod suddenly started just drifting off on its own. Sucker's making a pretty good clip, too, covering a good thirty or forty meters a minute. I almost lost my floating storage lockers between when I realized the pod was drifting off and when I managed to rearrange storage enough to retrieve them. Lifepod 6 is just gone altogether, nothing but a sandy depression where its beacon is. No idea if lifepod 17 is still there. Haven't found any others yet, but I know 5 should be in the vicinity.

Fortunately after I dropped my mobile vehicle bay in front of it in desperation, it started drifting back the other direction and is back into the Safe Shallows. If I hadn't managed to stop it that way, it'd be half way to the Grand Reef by now...

Comments

• EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    I had mine go on a sailing trip in an earlier save a few builds back, just after PRAWN update. It eventually came back on its own.
  • StetilleStetille Join Date: 2012-07-13 Member: 154099Members, Reinforced - Silver
    I haven't really done much testing with it, but do you have anything dropped on the floor of the lifepod? Every time I left the fire extinguisher lying around it seemed to drift off. But after picking it up I didn't notice the drifting problem anymore. So maybe these items are slightly pushing the pod.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited October 2016
    I've personally only experienced one time that my Lifepod 5 disappeared into the horizon in an infinite direction; so much to the point that even warping over 30,000 meters "towards" the beacon and I never reached it. But more to the point, I'd like it if we could repair or upgrade the Lifepod to the point of either making it a surface-only mobile base, or have it become an attachment for an underwater base similar to the observatory. I mean it would be nice if there were more use for it once you've built bases and don't have a need to return to the Lifepod again.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    I'd like to be able to repair other lifepods I find and use them as shelters. Floating or not.