LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
Gallery comes first~

http://imgur.com/gallery/LumF9

Enjoy gais~

Edit: Gallery revamped!

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited September 2016
    The river is shaping up to be one of my favorite biomes. Looking forward to the final result <3

Can also follow the development of it here as well:
  • MichloMichlo Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, US. Join Date: 2016-09-10 Member: 222215Members
    I found this just last night so may now look at such threads. :) Very interesting area.
  • IntrepidHIntrepidH Florida Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209838Members
    wow amazing shots!, how did it get so dark in the one shot? or was it just a certain angle that was able to achieve that?
  • MichloMichlo Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, US. Join Date: 2016-09-10 Member: 222215Members
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    Michlo wrote: »
    I have a few from last night's discovery.

Yours are rather outdated though.
  • JasonV16JasonV16 Indonesia Join Date: 2016-07-22 Member: 220560Members
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    JasonV16 wrote: »
    This creature is majestic
    akstps3cu776.jpg

@phantomfinch Time to update your screenshot m8!
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited September 2016
    edited September 2016
    Gallery updated, check the link in my 1st post! :-D
    unknown.png
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    ... This is now my favourite place in Subnautica. It was the mountain island, but then they put the gun there, which was good, I just couldn't really relax there anymore. Now I relax here...

wsyuv59mbiei.bmp

9rpyr3vrxr02.bmp

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    the tree cove really begs to build a base 'round it somewhere and just stare at it :smiley:
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    the tree cove really begs to build a base 'round it somewhere and just stare at it :smiley:

I'm reluctant to, since if I've learned anything about building bases to admire scenery in Subnautica.... Doing so will cause the local fauna to leave :(
    And that tree would look a lot less lively with all those rays gone ;v;
  • MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »

NEVER LEAVE THE NATURE ALONE!

:smile:
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    edited September 2016
    this biome is rely coming together all they have to do now is flip the scull right side up and fish the plant life around the bone field and add in the spine ells and other things like the phantom leviathan
  • DeepcaDeepca Germany Join Date: 2015-10-17 Member: 208542Members
    Have to agree. The LR is the thing I am most looking forward to. Still few changes to the terrain have to be done in the bonesfield. Few of the ribs are still floating a bit under the brine.
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    thought the only way to know for sure is i the devs show us the phantom Leviathan animation witch i hope is added
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Any plant-able lost river plants we can find?
    Any plant-able lost river plants we can find?

Nope, not yet.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited October 2016
    Like others have said before me, sometimes I like to go to the Cove Tree's grotto and just watch it and the Ghostrays. Their cries are haunting but beautiful. The only reason I haven't built a base there is because it would spoil the beauty somewhat. :)
    I particularly like swimming below the brine rivers.

Obligatory screenshot of me staring vacantly at the Cove Tree:
    6D8EE81125D6AF95082340CDB489BC8D0A29C0D8

These "lily pads" are nice as well:
    b7ZkbK4.jpg
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Creatures now spawn in experimental:

But the part of the video that really got me thinking is when the brine hurts you, or more specifically, when the green brine hurts you. I was wondering why the blue one wouldn't hurt you, but then I thought that this may be linked to the cove tree: what if the tree has some filtering capabilities, making the brine in the cove blue, and especially harmless? The cove tree could actually be the source that's generating all the pleasantness in that part of the biome. That gave me flashbacks to Ori and the Blind Forest, but I think that if this is the case, it would be an awesome idea to be true. What do you think?
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    God .... this place. I remember when the biome was first introduced, it was completely barren, No life, no resources, no brine yet it looked already massive and ominous, specially when they first introduced that giant skeleton and skull in the middle :smiley: . Now that its almost complete with full details, plantlife and fish and the brine/brinefalls everywhere im in litteral awe whenever i go thru it myself. I think the magic touch that does it for me personally is those ghost trees and of course the giant LifeTree with all the rays floating around it.

I know it makes some people cringe when we give praise to Devs for their hard work and talent in making beautiful things/places but i dont care. You devs definitely surpassed yourselves with this biome, huge bravo to you guys ...

THIS PLACE IS AMAZING AS FVCK

I've seen beautiful places in some games in the past few years but this Lost River biome is absolutely WOW. Its by far my favorite biome in the game. In my most recent playthru i decided to make a permanent base near the giant ghost tree and it looks freakin awesome. I think it might take me awhile to go back up to the sea level now that ive decided to settle in this place lol

Also as a side note, i have to agree with IGP when he says that his only regret about this game is that when its finished and we get to play v1.0 finally, it wont be as impressive for us as it will be to new players that saw nothing of it yet. For some reasons .... i dunno, it feels like for me v1.0 will be the end of one hell of an adventure that was the 2 years of Early Access roadtrip. Its as if when v1.0 gets out itll be the end of a journey instead of a brand new adventure as its supposed to be.

I've never been so absorbed completely by a game as ive been by Subnautica (specially an early access game). Ive been playing this game for well over a year and its not even finished that im almost affraid that i'll start loosing interest after v1.0 since new stuff will stop coming all the time like it is now in early development .... its hard to describe exactly how i feel about this.

Seeing this game develop before my very eyes was extremely interesting and satisfying. Its like seeing a child develop into a grown up in the span of a few months. I want to thank Unknown worlds for allowing me to live this experience with them the whole time. Thats just how i feel and i thought it was pertinent to tell them.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited October 2016
    Creatures now spawn in experimental:

But the part of the video that really got me thinking is when the brine hurts you, or more specifically, when the green brine hurts you. I was wondering why the blue one wouldn't hurt you, but then I thought that this may be linked to the cove tree: what if the tree has some filtering capabilities, making the brine in the cove blue, and especially harmless? The cove tree could actually be the source that's generating all the pleasantness in that part of the biome. That gave me flashbacks to Ori and the Blind Forest, but I think that if this is the case, it would be an awesome idea to be true. What do you think?

That's actually a theory that makes sense. The Cove Tree's scan does say that it supports a "thriving local ecosystem" which explains why the Ghost Rays are only found near it. I like the idea that it's somehow purifying the area.
    edited October 2016
    I did sumthin' in dat vid, gais... o3o