The TV Tropes Page needs your knowledgeable support!!

Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
Anyone heard of the website known as TV Tropes?

If not: Check it out! You will have a smattering of entertaining reading content. But be warned! If so: The Subnautica Pages Need Your Help!!

If you read through the different pages, you will notice a lot of inaccuracies within many of the tropes listed and the absences of certain tropes (mostly thanks to the games current status as an early access title). I, being a part-time Troper, have been trying to eliminate these inaccuracies for the beneficial reading pleasure of both fans of this game and the rest of the site. If you're a dedicated Troper who is/would like to help with improving/adding to the Subnautica pages, just click the link above and start editing! I greatly appreciate the help!

If you don't know anything about editing, or simply wish to get to know about the site, check out the Administrivia page. It will fill you in on everything you need to know.

Happy Troping!

Comments

• LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    Until the final version of Subnautica is released things are gonna be innacurate, I think...
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    You need giant flashing warning signs when posting links to TV Tropes. People can get lost in there for days, and we need to prep the search parties.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    More a wiki editor than a troper, but I'll see what I can do for the page.
    BTW, I don't particularly feel like creating an account over there to correct it, but someone who has might want to change the part of the intro claiming that the planet is called "Subnautica" to "Planet 4546B", of course.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited October 2016
    Mirality wrote: »
    You need giant flashing warning signs when posting links to TV Tropes. People can get lost in there for days, and we need to prep the search parties.

Guilty. I swear I only visit to look up one thing and end up in there for hours at a time.
  • CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members
    edited October 2016
    I made that page. Thank you for the recognition. (and the planet's name has been changed to Subnautica in Experimental) (really)
  • CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members
    edited October 2016
    Sorry for the double post. My computer glitched.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    I made that page. Thank you for the recognition. (and the planet's name has been changed to Subnautica in Experimental) (really)

Excellent job, sir. It takes a while for trope pages to take off. And with this many people working on it who know a lot about the game, your job has been made easier!
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    edited October 2016
    Big shout-out to @CalvinBoyOfDestiny for including content concerning 'Aurora Falls' and 'Borealis Rising'.

Am I to take it that you have evolved into @CalvinTheDiver? If so, I stand corrected.

I am in your debt, Sir. :)
    Yes, he's me. And I'm him. And you are welcome. (I love your stories!)
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    edited October 2016

This is what my Game AI professor tells me about learning about Game AI.

edited October 2016
    (and the planet's name has been changed to Subnautica in Experimental) (really)
    Really? That's disappointing. I hope they change it back again. Though I suppose in the meantime it's a good thing I didn't try to edit it myself.
    (and the planet's name has been changed to Subnautica in Experimental) (really)
    Really? That's disappointing. I hope they change it back again. Though I suppose in the meantime it's a good thing I didn't try to edit it myself.

I'm fine with the name "Subnautica" being either a temporary or the actual Name. After all, 4546-B is only an astronomical designation after all.
    I'm fine with the name "Subnautica" being either a temporary or the actual Name. After all, 4546-B is only an astronomical designation after all.
    Yeah, but that's appropriate for an unexplored planet. And while "Subnautica" is a great game name, as a planet name it leaves a lot to be desired.
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    Simply because of how long I've been following Aurora Falls and Borealis Rising, I just call the planet Manannán out of habit, hah!
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited October 2016
    Woo, TV Tropes! My home sweet home, my home away from home, and my home page... So much time spent there going on <a href="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiWalk">Wiki Walks</a> browsing tropes and media links; I think I have over 1000 unique bookmarks from there now. :flushed: But like @Lonnehart said, I wouldn't wanna add to the TVT:Subnautica page just yet. Since there's at least 3 more updates to go before the game officially launches, stuff is bound to change between now and then. But you can bet your sweet Seamoth I'll be digging up info when the game officially launches.

Edit: Then again, I remember seeing the "Characters" page for Subnautica recently had been updated. it was nice seeing all of the fish/monster species there but some of the tropes like "Meaningful Name" and "Bioluminescence is Cool" entries show up for just about every entry... It gets annoying seeing those categories repeated so often, maybe they could be condensed? :confused:
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Woo, TV Tropes! My home sweet home, my home away from home, and my home page... So much time spent there going on <a href="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiWalk">Wiki Walks</a> browsing tropes and media links; I think I have over 1000 unique bookmarks from there now. :flushed: But like @Lonnehart said, I wouldn't wanna add to the TVT:Subnautica page just yet. Since there's at least 3 more updates to go before the game officially launches, stuff is bound to change between now and then. But you can bet your sweet Seamoth I'll be digging up info when the game officially launches.

Edit: Then again, I remember seeing the "Characters" page for Subnautica recently had been updated. it was nice seeing all of the fish/monster species there but some of the tropes like "Meaningful Name" and "Bioluminescence is Cool" entries show up for just about every entry... It gets annoying seeing those categories repeated so often, maybe they could be condensed? :confused:

Perhaps, although I like how it describes what parts of the animals actually glow.

P.S. If you're referring to the Ghostray and Crimson Ray being added in the characters page update: That was me!
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Huzzah! /salute @Enderguy059 and others for keeping us up-to-date on stuff... It's fun to read TVT articles on my laptop while waiting on downtime for stuff happen or finish in Subnautica. :love:
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members

Day 22: This is the 15th time I've accidentally wandered into the Anime section. I keep going deeper into the rabbit hole. It's like the weird part of YouTube, but so much worse. I've run out of rations. If anyone finds this, leave now, while you still can...
    Day 29
    I have been trapped in the anime section for about 10 days. I found spare rations near Attack on Titan. I am running out of oxygen in my escape pod. Wait what the... !!!!
    Day 32
    Found myself into the trope pantheon... wait, these guys are gods?!?!