Can the seamoth defense systems scare off a reaper?

dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
edited September 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
I was wondering if zapping the reaper old make it go away cause nothing on the exosuit seems to scare it of or kill it for that matter

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Yes, but it only buys you time. The reaper will come back so escape while you can.
  • Kingdolphin510Kingdolphin510 Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222242Members
    Still pretty early in game, but is it possible to kill a reaper? I've only seen them once or twice, but they seemed pretty formidable.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    You can kill everything in the game, even reapers, but the bigger the fish, the harder and more resource-wasting. Plus, they don't stay dead. In my experience, it is always easier and faster (and more fun) to rush or sneak past NPCs.
  • SkidmarkSkidmark Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221584Members
    well torps might get of it.too bad you cant mix some white mush acid in a torp .. i'd love to burn his face off
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    You can kill everything in the game, even reapers, but the bigger the fish, the harder and more resource-wasting. Plus, they don't stay dead. In my experience, it is always easier and faster (and more fun) to rush or sneak past NPCs.

Are you positive that the hostile fauna respawn? I've been trying to figure that out for a while and it seemed a touch ambiguous as to how the "Fish respawn now" feature was worded, and I just assumed that the passive prey-fish respawned while Stalkers, Sandsharks, and the like did not. If they do indeed respawn then I might feel more inclined to face off against a Reaper, knowing I'm just clearing an area for a few days / weeks and not for the rest of the game.
  • Fox_NomadFox_Nomad Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221551Members
    @Rezca Hostile fauna respawn for me... and sometimes too quickly, which I like. I'll wait and watch 2 or 3 stalkers drop 6 or 7 teeth, and then EMP them with 2 charged blasts - it'll kills them - they sink - and more have spawned within 5 minutes or so (at least in my experience). *Provided I haven't played for a long time and get the no spawn glitch (where nothing spawns except the landscape).

Haven't tried to kill a reaper though
  • AceDynamoAceDynamo Canada Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213737Members

Yes, it takes a long time, a stasis rifle, 3-4 diamond blades and hundreds of stabs.
  • LocketWraithLocketWraith Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221733Members
    AceDynamo wrote: »

Yes, it takes a long time, a stasis rifle, 3-4 diamond blades and hundreds of stabs.

It's very fun to do though, It's like "Oh look at yer, You think you some big badass motherfucker hangin round downs ships and shit, Well look at yer now. YOU ARE DEAD YA SUMBITCH!"
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    The Prawn suit is more then able to drop a Reaper.. the couple ways I've done it is.

1- Reaper rodeo: use the grapple arm to lasso the Reaper and then either punch it or use the drill arm..

2- Party Crasher: Start breeding crash fish in an Alien containment. Add the storage module and the propulsion arm to your Prawn suit. Then load up your inventory full of crash's..

Point.....shoot.....boom
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    Where do you find the last abandoned base at for the alien containment