Fishing Tackle.

ArtoriusArtorius Indiana USA Join Date: 2016-09-02 Member: 221998Members
edited September 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
So we now live in a water covered world. We hunt for fish by chasing them like dogs... wait...even after weeks of surviving we still chase down our dinner like dogs? Well I present a new invention; invented only 10,000 years ago!
The fishing pole.
use-these-free-images-for-your-websites-art-projects-reports-and-ECSktZ-clipart.jpg
Now we could use our highly advanced intellect to add an automatic launch system like this.
turlingdrome_toy_goliath-rocket-fishing-pole_1-640x372.png

This launches the bobber like a Nerf gun. Then it reels in like a regular pole.

Also; fish traps. (I know we have the grav-sphere...but I like classic traps.)
fishtrap.jpg

Another thing is a catch-net.
Crankbaitlandingnet-In-Fisherman.png

A fish spear. This is a tool, not a weapon. Seriously. I used to hunt frogs in my pond with one of these when I was a kid.
s-l225.jpg
639e02d5efc6b1952a9e18d59f52e929.jpg

Comments

• ArtoriusArtorius Indiana USA Join Date: 2016-09-02 Member: 221998Members
    I don't know if the pronged fish spear has been mentioned before. I know spearguns and single point spears have been mentioned. I think spearguns are too close to guns. Even if they use rubber bands.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    A Propulsion Cannon and Gravity Sphere does all of the above.
    Fathom wrote: »
    A Propulsion Cannon and Gravity Sphere does all of the above.

Yeah, youre right.
  • Jpop20Jpop20 Los Angeles Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221803Members
    How about a "speargun" that shoots stun sticks or something? It's just a low powered zap that pisses off bigger creatures (stalker and up), slows down any non-leviathan creature for a bit not on the level of the stasis rifle but still slows them, and finally knocks any small edible fish out in comparison and maybe knocks out some stalker teeth cause those are annoying to get, doesn't always drop despite the seamoth getting bitten.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Of course it would be nice to have fishing pole, but...
    I just breed them in aqarium once I have the blueprint for big room, no need to chase down anything... Propulsion cannon gets the job done too. I don't use gravity sphere that much, but it works good.
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    When I learned of the Grav Gun (as I call it), fishing became a breeze. Right click, left click, right click, left click, om nom nom nom.
    Frigidman wrote: »
    When I learned of the Grav Gun (as I call it), fishing became a breeze. Right click, left click, right click, left click, om nom nom nom.

Yeah I agree. I just thought it would be fun. But it is unnecessary.
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    I do like the idea of actual fishing equipment though. The grav gun seems like a cheat ;)