URGENT NEED for Seamoth & Cyclops!

harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
The great subs that these units are, there is a SERIOUS need for night-time lighting.

During the day, they can be easily picked up - even after a panic-run from a Stalker or whatever. But at night time - the Seamoth goes completely dark - and I can't tell you how many times I've died cause I can''t find the !@#* thing!

And it isn't unreasonable that as daylight fades, interior lighting could be brought up in the 'moth - some sort of equipment screen glow or whatever - but as it is, in the dark - the ship fades into the blackness. Please help us hapless explorers!

Same need for the Cyclops. Since most times you are outside of it, you are looking up at it. In the darkness it disappears into the inky dark! The blinking icon is at least something - but at close range I think some simple running lights along the edget of the keel (not the bottom as they'd get knocked off!) would go a long way in helping get back to it.

If we can only get one of these I think the Seamoth night-time cabin lights would be the most useful.

Comments

• CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    Don't you have a beacon built in?
  • harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
    Doesn't apply here. If I jump out and grab something I'm only a few feet away, and in the dark night the 'moth is nearly invisible - Especially if something is after you, and panic prevails. The beacon is great for many meters away, but up close we NEED interior lights - easy to implement, and would prob being a real sub.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    It's more that the sub needs to be a local light source, so that any terrain nearby gives an indication of where the sub is. And perhaps if you are ejected (intentionally or not...) in the middle of the water, you can see light tracks in the water (on dust or w/e) pointing you to the sub, so you can frantically get back inside (probably).

Since getting warped out is disorienting, having a sub that you have to scan around for more than a few seconds in a combat situation becomes a real liability.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I don't know about interior lights, but I think in the case of the seamoth it would be nice if you could see the light source for the headlights. You can be directly in front of the thing, looking right at it, and you don't see the lights - just the glow on the terrain in front of it.

We also need the cyclops floodlights to stop glaring on the window so we can actually see what's outside the sub while using them.
    @Sidchicken - in order to 'see' light it has to reflect off something. Apparently the water here is VERY clear so there are no floating dirt or other particles for it to reflect off - and we only see the surface.

My plea for interior lights is to, in some way, be able to quickly see the Seamoth in darkness when only a few meters away. It is very easy to loose track of it in a night run when chasing a fish or evading. I've come out of it, grabbed some loot and turned directly around and could not see it! During the day, the light reflects off the hull, and it is very easy to see - but at night it is (currently) totally dark inside - and the running lights provide little help. So I was thinking if there were an interior glow from panel lights (or whatever) it would separated from the blackness of the night sea.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Limited Seamoth AI? If the player leaves the Seamoth normally, it does nothing. But if the player is forcibly removed from the Seamoth, it turns on the lights, and swings itself towards the player, with lighting that makes it immediately obvious where the light is coming from.
    EvilSmoo wrote: »
    Limited Seamoth AI? If the player leaves the Seamoth normally, it does nothing. But if the player is forcibly removed from the Seamoth, it turns on the lights, and swings itself towards the player, with lighting that makes it immediately obvious where the light is coming from.

Hmm - cool feature I haven't seen yet. At least the lights are there! Now we just need them to come on at the right time.
  • ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
    harrzack wrote: »
    @Sidchicken - in order to 'see' light it has to reflect off something. Apparently the water here is VERY clear so there are no floating dirt or other particles for it to reflect off - and we only see the surface

Um no the water is not "clear" no natural water source is so clean that there is no particles in it. sorry @harrzack
    Case and point the PDA tells us that we can't drink the water because there are too many particles (bad stuff) in the water.

Also @Sidchicken is right "We also need the cyclops floodlights to stop glaring on the window so we can actually see what's outside the sub while using them."
    @ImmortalHunter - don't forget - this is a software created sci-fi world. Apparently the impurities haven't been programmed in yet, hence we are in "virtual" CLEAR water with nothing in it to refelect light.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    running lights maybe

but y u no stasis rifle or cannon?