(Xbox) Creatures And Minerals NOT Spawning

PyrotechPyrotech Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222609Members
I play Subnautica on my Xbox and have found a infuriating Bug.
Example--- Lets say I am at the Spawning Location after I load into the game. I look around there are fish Salvage plants rocks that drop Copper, Titanium, Lead. I need Lithium. so I go to the small Island North, North east to go grab some. I go over there and there is nothing there. The island is there the plants are there but no rocks to smash no lithium no fish big, small or other.
If I save on that spot, leave and reload its the same. BUT if I reset my Xbox Things will be where they should when they should. However now if I go back to my base at spawn I would have the same issue. No fish no rocks no salvage just the land and the plants. No Creatures Or Minerals.

I would like to know how to fix this, and if not how to fix it if the next Patch will.

Comments

• JohnnyJRJohnnyJR Australia Join Date: 2016-09-26 Member: 222616Members
    I've had nearly the same problem, after about ten hours of playing all the fish and creatures have disappeared, except for the reefbacks. I can't seem to find any limestone or sandstone outcrops either. It's rather hard to survive and get much done now. I'm not sure if it's bacteria or just a bug but I hope someone could help.
  • SirFoolishnessSirFoolishness SWEDEN Join Date: 2016-09-19 Member: 222422Members
    Just save/exit back you you dashboard, press the "menu/start" button on your controller and close Subnautica.

Now launch it again and it will be fine again.

The important part is that the Subnautica application is closed entirely and launched anew before you load your game.
    Thanks a lot!
    I've got my fish and minerals back!
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    What if I am in a biome that has zero fragments in it for some reason saved and left then went back in the next day and still no fragments in the biome ( I am in the biome under the floating island where the sea treaders are) is there a fix for that or should I wait for the next update to release and go back to it. Or should I just start a new game
  • JustBurnItAllJustBurnItAll Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-27 Member: 222658Members
    Same exact thing is happening to me. I'll play a new game for an hour or so and EVERYTHING lootable (fish, minerals, blueprints, fagments, etc.) will disappear completely. I'll exit out of the game entirely, come back and all the fish and minerals will have returned, but still no blueprints or fragments. Even the fish and minerals are short lived, as they will disappear AGAIN after about ten minutes. I've even gone so far as to uninstall and reinstall the game out of sheer desperation, but to no avail. It makes the game completely unplayable, which is a bummer because I haven't gotten to try out any of the new stuff from the last two updates. Also, I've tried deleting my local save data and instead sync to the cloud to see if that might work, but no....nothing. From what I've read this has been going on for quite awhile, but have managed to find very little about it. Another odd thing I've noticed is none of the usual " Subnautica Xbox" Youtubers haven't uploaded anything for a minimum of 3 weeks. Don't know could just be coincidence,but why am I not hearing more about such a -in my opinion- gamebreaking bug? Furthermore, when is it please, PLEASE getting fixed. I've restarted 5 new games just to see if I can break the cycle. I can't be the only going through this?! I'm not crazy...I'm not crazy....I'm not crazy....I'M NOT CRAZY!!! Am I? lol
    I'm sorry to hear, but I came here for help too I don't really know any solutions for your problem (JustBurnItAll) sorry

And for all I know (dexter397) is that in the biome you're in doesn't contain fragments but then again i'm not 100% certain.

I wish I help but i'm not that experienced.
  • AlphaGamer53AlphaGamer53 Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222690Members
    hey guys I just played the free trial loos like the graphics need help do they get better with full game
  • Kingdolphin510Kingdolphin510 Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222242Members
    hey guys I just played the free trial loos like the graphics need help do they get better with full game

I dont know, i never had the free trial, but the graphics have been pretty good in my experience
  • Kingdolphin510Kingdolphin510 Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222242Members
    This problem stems from the fact that Subnautica lacks a respawning code, meaning once you exhaust all of the resources, they're gone. The one way to counteract this is to restart the game whenever this happens, because it only spawns new materials on startup.
    Hopefully the next update comes out soon to try and fix some of these problems
  • JustBurnItAllJustBurnItAll Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-27 Member: 222658Members
    @Kingdolphin510 ,
    The thing I don't understand is if it's simply the lack of a respawn code why do things that I've seen but don't yet interact with i.e blueprints and minerals dissapear enmass? How can I exhaust something I haven't yet touched? I bought this game the DAY it came to XBOX and dumped countless hours into it the first few months and this never once happened to me. Are they trying something new and why would they remove a respawn code in a survival game let alone create one without it?
    They probably did not do it on purpose and if they did then they will probably fix it so CHILL
  • ScarletBladezScarletBladez Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222900Members
    I have the same issue with resources and fish not respawning. I bought and played it on pc a while back and LOVED it. Computer died on me so haven't been able to play for a few months. I just bought the game on Xbox the other day and only after 4 hours of gameplay everything just disappeared. Tried restarting the game and everything but no luck. Figured maybe my game bugged so started a new one but have the same issue. I'm unable to play because of the problem. I hope they can get it fixed soon cause this game is amazing
    @dexter397 ,
    Okay, your tone is completely unnecessary. You need to hop off the fanboy trailer for a second, set your emotions aside and realize that my questions weren't meant in a sarcastic or insulting manner. I genuinely wanted to know if anything had changed since SN's XBOX release because as I'd stated above, I NEVER encountered this particular issue at that time. I was not , in any way shape or form , impugning the integrity of UnknownWorlds and it's staff. On the contrary if I didn't love the game and it's potential I wouldn't have gone through the TIRELESS measures that I had to try to play the game despite the bug or "lack of a respawn code" in question. The very point of these forums are to gather information and advise the community AND developers of any present and imposing issues and I am a firm believer that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Judging by ScarletBladez admission directly after your own, I'm not the only one who was very disheartened by this developement, whatever the cause might actually be. Whatever the case, thank you for your reply no matter how utterly useless it may have been.
    when you encountered it were you near the mushroom trees ?
    And i am not a fanboy
    it takes a while for me to get fragments in the mushroom tree biome cause of it trying to spawn so much in that biome
  • Tdx120Tdx120 Milwaukee, Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-10-12 Member: 223059Members
    i havent found a single box fragment since the solar panel and i've been everywhere someone plz halp nothing i do works