Buildable Lifepod Structure

CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
I know this might be kind of useless, but it would make building bases a bit more interesting:

I'd like to see a structure, kind of like a moonpool, but upside down and with large doors on it. In this structure you can construct a lifepod. or contain your old lifepod (pop the floats and tow it with your cyclops?). In the even of an 'emergency' or just whenever, you can get in your lifepod and hit the release, sending you to the surface and to safety as before. I understand that once you have a base that this might be totally useless, but I think it is just another structure you can build onto your base. Theres not really any good reason to use it, unless you've built a base way deep down, and its flooded, AND your seamoth exploded, AND you lost all of your oxygen tanks for no good reason. I just think it would be a another cool structure.

Comments

• Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    That reminds me of my old idea of connect the life pod to the base ^^ good memorys of that day and the other ideas thank you for sending me down memeory lane also like your idea
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Pretty unnecessary. It'd be a cool mod though.

Surfacing is kind of boring, come to think of it. Either it's a swimmable distance or you're sitting there looking at blue/black water for a while.

If there was ever a huge area way WAY down that you needed to surface from, though, it would be something to make. Assuming your Cyclops couldn't do that job better. Or Seamoth. Pack up everything you can, sit in the pod, and... go to the surface in the middle of nowhere?

Perhaps if you had to build the rocket base on the seafloor 1600m down, or something? For some reason?

On the other hand, it could make a cool fluff blueprint.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    Right. There is hardly a use for it, but in light of the survival nature of the game, it makes sense to build in failsafes. Its just something extra to be able to build, and more blueprints to find.
  • killmeplease911killmeplease911 hanging out with ur mum Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217424Members
    your base is in a really deep area.. you get attacked by a reaper... you go to your docked lifepod thing and eject it and float all the way to the surface
    I donkt know that Reapers can attack bases yet...but I think that is what happened to the Degasi survivors at the deep grand reef? I could be wrong.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I hate that once you're set up with resources and sea bases and vehicles, you pretty much never need to return to your Lifepod. So you have a blip forever on your HUD for a point that you never really need to return to. I'd like for us to be able to convert the Lifepod into a usable part of the base, or at least make it practical for use somehow later in the game.

Alternatively I'd like for us to be able to repair the other Lifepods to repurpose as a network of mobile bases. Despite them having gaping holes, they should be able to be repaired for use like with Lifepod 5 to use for storage or to process items.
  • stevenwojostevenwojo Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222252Members
    Or dismantled for resources. It does kind of bother me all the debris that's left lying around. Many times I find myself picking up scrap metal even when I have no need of titanium, just to remove the debris. Would be nice to be able to clean up all the mess left lying around. Alternatively, after some time in game, maybe have barnacles and coral start to grow on the debris, creating artificial habitats for the sea life. I know this is a survival game and not a "protect the planet" game, but it still would be nice to give those want, a way to at least attempt to be environmentally responsible. The survivor does come from a culture that has done away with lethal weapons, after all. This is just an opinion and would not sway my desire to play the game at all. Just saying.
    I don't see randomly generated items going away after a certain amount of time. I wonder if there is a console command to turn off the regeneration of scrap metal and such. I would also like to see a big deconstructor on the cyclops so we can salvage those big wrecks. Might make a new thread for that.

I would really like to be able to store my lifepod in my base, that way I can sit in there and be in the ultimate fortress.