Safety issue

BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
I have noticed that every single escape pod has a major safety issue. Every single escape pod has an insufficiently attached electrical panel cover. Every one of them has fallen off.

Comments

• FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Blame the manufacturers for skipping on material quality. It's the same on every ship. They think lifeboats will never be needed, so they drop as little money on them as possible and then things go from bad to worse when an emergency happens. I bet half the people got killed on reentry by eating the sharp side of that panel instead of the blunt one. Not to mention getting bludgeoned by the fire extinguisher.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited October 2016
    It's probably a third-party sub contractor thing.

>chuckle<
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    edited October 2016
    DaveyNY wrote: »

>chuckle<

Water you, OSHA? I bet you don't even know what you're docking about.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    EvilSmoo wrote: »

>chuckle<

ba-dum tsss! :wink:
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    It's that panel malfunctioning that kills all of the crew who escape, it just didn't kill us luckily. Alterra thrives on the idea that less lives, less money/problems. No one to save, less money spent to try and do that and more time spent doing something else.
    The Aurora Incident was insurance fraud.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    BDelacroix wrote: »
    I have noticed that every single escape pod has a major safety issue. Every single escape pod has an insufficiently attached electrical panel cover. Every one of them has fallen off.

Exactomundo! First thing I said to them dev type people!

Alright, who was in charge of designing this bloody escape pod's safety features, that friggin' panel will not do!
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    What I wanna know is that from the time we make planetfall to X hours later (depending on story flags), everyone in Lifepods gets killed... or captured... or worse... (maybe mutated into biological freaks!) to where we're the only human left surviving. What's so special about us that the Precursors can't take us out like everyone else? Are we a genetic super human that is slowly corrupting the planet with our essence? Or perhaps we're imbued with psionic abilities that are eventually able to enslave the planet to our will?? :o

...Or maybe we're like Will Byers from the very end of Season 1 of "Stranger Things"... Perhaps the aliens need us for a different reason? :love:
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    The Aurora Incident was insurance fraud.

It will soon be linked to Hillary Clinton by Trump at the next debate.
  • GreybeardGreybeard USA Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222538Members
    Everything in the world is built by the lowest bidder. Do the math. It's scary when you think about it.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    It's that panel malfunctioning that kills all of the crew who escape, it just didn't kill us luckily. Alterra thrives on the idea that less lives, less money/problems. No one to save, less money spent to try and do that and more time spent doing something else.

Stuff like this makes me think I'm safer with the reapers.

• awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    EvilSmoo wrote: »

>chuckle<

ba-dum tsss! :wink:

Sans confirmed?
  • stevenwojostevenwojo Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222252Members
    What I wanna know is that from the time we make planetfall to X hours later (depending on story flags), everyone in Lifepods gets killed... or captured... or worse... (maybe mutated into biological freaks!) to where we're the only human left surviving. What's so special about us that the Precursors can't take us out like everyone else? Are we a genetic super human that is slowly corrupting the planet with our essence? Or perhaps we're imbued with psionic abilities that are eventually able to enslave the planet to our will?? :o

...Or maybe we're like Will Byers from the very end of Season 1 of "Stranger Things"... Perhaps the aliens need us for a different reason? :love:

Or we landed in the safe shallows while everyone else was not so lucky. Could you imagine starting the game in a biome that does not have titanium and copper? Or one that is irradiated before you get a suit? Also, just because we haven't found any other survivors does not mean there are none. I like to think there are some survivors who landed far enough away that they are living comfortably, keeping silent and avoiding the notice of whatever is protecting/isolating this world.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    stevenwojo wrote: »
    Or we landed in the safe shallows while everyone else was not so lucky. Could you imagine starting the game in a biome that does not have titanium and copper? Or one that is irradiated before you get a suit? Also, just because we haven't found any other survivors does not mean there are none. I like to think there are some survivors who landed far enough away that they are living comfortably, keeping silent and avoiding the notice of whatever is protecting/isolating this world.
    Except most of the pods are either in the shallows or nearby. Granted, they're all damaged in some way, but it seems likely that this was the result of enemy action rather than mischance. (Except perhaps for the one closest the Aurora, that might have been caught in the explosion ... although, can you visit that area before the explosion? I think you can, and it's still damaged then...)
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Mirality wrote: »
    (Except perhaps for the one closest the Aurora, that might have been caught in the explosion ... although, can you visit that area before the explosion? I think you can, and it's still damaged then...)

True, but you can also visit wrecks - chunks of the Aurora that are blasted off during the explosion - prior to the explosion.