Everything has become overly aggressive

GreybeardGreybeard USA Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222538Members
I've been enjoying Subnautica since the day it became available on the XB1 preview program. As of late, I have been having a real problem with the more dangerous critters becoming much more aggressive than usual. I'm being set on upon by several sharks at a time, as well as the little guys too. As soon as I'm within eyesight of a predatory fish, it (and surrounding critters) head right for me, and simply will not relent.

If this behavior is intended, then I guess I'll have to adapt, but it has really put a dampener on my early game, and makes it very difficult to really explore. Don't misunderstand, I love Subnautica for the always present danger mixed in with the beauty and exploration, as it lends value to everything you accomplish. However, now it feels like I can hardly progress at all one I step my toe out of the shallows in any direction. Even with some agile darting about, the relentless packs of hungry fish see to it that I flee by never ceasing their attacks. I can hardly keep up with the med kits needed.

Is this intended? Am I just having a bad run of luck? Is there anything I can do that would help (short of never leaving the shallows or using cheats)?

Comments

• EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Dodge them and slash with a knife? They've always lost interest in me quickly after I do that. Stasis+knife is lethal for anything besides Warpers.

Could be weirdness, all the sharks and small guys are fairly aggressive, but their target acquisition has also seemed pretty random, and most just go after small fish.
  • Kingdolphin510Kingdolphin510 Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222242Members
    It is intended, just to give the game a challenge. Just use a knife, and run like hell when possible. Later in game you will need less med kits because it will be easier to run. Just know that sharks and biting fish are nothing compared to the leviathans of the deep are what you have to worry about.
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    Punching them with the PRAWN suit gets them to go away too
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    I've also noticed the "safe shallows" aren't. I have up to 3 sand sharks swimming around and at least one of those long bitey fish from the seaweed area.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Propulsion Cannon and Quartz usually does the trick. Far more save and convenient than the Knife. Three to four good hits do a Sandshark in.
    Stalkers I lure back into the Kelp Forest with the Seamoth. Just wait until they aggro and then keep them at some distance while moving towards the Kelp.
    Speaking about the Seamoth: Ramming maneuvers are also rather effective, just needs more practice to get it right. And don't forget your hull Reinforcement if you can make it.