Flyhacks!

EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
Ok, this is amusing, and not a showstopper. But it IS fun to do and kind of breaks things.

Get these things:
  • PRAWN suit
  • Propulsion gun arm
  • (probably optional) Thrust upgrade

That's it.

I did this on the mountain, since I just turned on experimental. Repro steps:
  1. Find a school of fish, one of the ones with the invisible "leader" that you can tractor-beam.
  2. Grab it, pull it under you.
  3. Jump and jet.
You should go flying hiiiigh into the sky. I'm not sure what the roof is, or if they even bothered to make a roof.

Those fish-school leaders probably should not be grabbable. B)

Comments

• CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    edited September 2016
    That's so amusing. It's not the only thing that does it though lol. The other things launch you and that's it (that i know of). Can you fly forever with this (minus energy of course)?
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Oh yeah, anything the suit can stand on will probably do it.

It's pretty much infinite. Thrusters are enough for a fair degree of air control, if not fast travel. And you can just let the thrusters recharge. You won't fall, maybe slow down a little.

I really wish the suit was heavier. Or could lock down. Grab a shark with grapple, pull it in, and apply drill/claw lovetaps. There's a whole bunch of weird physics stuff that really shouldn't work, especially out of the water. I assume UWE can see it, though, since it's all pretty obvious stuff.
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    Yeah the physics out of the water breaks down, but after all its a water game haha! xD