[SPOILERS] What is next

thatoneswimmercarlthatoneswimmercarl Join Date: 2016-09-21 Member: 222471Members
oh5t9622tdtv.jpg
After the rocket launch what is next for Subnautica. Will there be another world for us to explore and a continuation of the story? If there is that would be amazing being able to explore another world tropical or a desert :o

Comments

• scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    I doubt it, that's kind of the 'happy ending' right now.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Well, as long as you remember to disable the gun before launching. Otherwise, possibly a bit less happy.
  • thatoneswimmercarlthatoneswimmercarl Join Date: 2016-09-21 Member: 222471Members
    scubamatt wrote: »
    I doubt it, that's kind of the 'happy ending' right now.
    No like after we are infected and build the rocket tower. would we not continue to try to find the predecessors and get the cure by exploring their other facilities on other worlds
  • thatoneswimmercarlthatoneswimmercarl Join Date: 2016-09-21 Member: 222471Members

No like after we are infected and build the rocket tower. would we not continue to try to find the predecessors and get the cure by exploring their other facilities on other worlds
    [/quote]

Like if that was the case imagine the different possibility of structures and vehicles and alien worlds we would get to study along with the story line
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Given the limited time and resources UKW has, I highly doubt a second planet would be coming - they're having hard enough time getting everything they want onto this one.

Also, try and not spoil away late story things blatantly like this - not everyone wants these things revealed to them just yet, and sticking the spoilers right in the topic title is kinda hard to avoid seeing ;)
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Well, MY plan once in space is to raise an army, construct a fleet of warships, and conquer all of the weak, weaponless pacifists that humanity has apparently degenerated into.

Then I shall reshape the galaxy to better suit me. For starters, I'm going to have the laws of physics reinstated.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Well, MY plan once in space is to raise an army, construct a fleet of warships, and conquer all of the weak, weaponless pacifists that humanity has apparently degenerated into.

Then I shall reshape the galaxy to better suit me. For starters, I'm going to have the laws of physics reinstated.

But the catch is that no weapons are in current survival builds due to the Obraxis Prime Incident, so it may take years to work your way up to match/outmatch current human defences (which I'm sure they have).

Having the laws of physics reinstated, however, sounds completely logical.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    sayerulz wrote: »

But the catch is that no weapons are in current survival builds due to the Obraxis Prime Incident, so it may take years to work your way up to match/outmatch current human defences (which I'm sure they have).

Having the laws of physics reinstated, however, sounds completely logical.

Bah, I know how to make weapons. And I have years. Oh yes, I will wait for the right time. And then, then, oh yes.... MUUWHAHAHHAAH!
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    The rocket launch is the ending of the game.
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    edited September 2016
    This isn't No Man's Sky, and I am happy it isn't anything like IMO.

Another planet... I don't think people realise how much bloody work goes into games, from art, to modelling, code, etc. I mean that's like asking DayZ to have deep sea elements, with diverse creatures and cool biomes, or asking Fallout 4 to have polished flying (gunships, etc). These games weren't built around these mechanics and would do poorly if implemented. I mean really poorly. Fallout was not built (neither skyrim for that matter) to have things fly at all, unless meshed out (NPCS).

My point is...Subnautica would make a terrible terrible land game. The land features are trash, but they don't need to be great. They need only to serve their purpose on the occasion they are called for (i.e. floater island). On top of that the level of creature shifted design.

So you say it would have to be water based? What's the point? Why waste a more diverse, colorful and fantastically awesome world on two half as good water planets? I mean the sheer depth these devs can go into on one map makes me want this game! The complexity of AI interactions, the diversity of fish, the cool and deep parts of the world. This game can become a dense and complex ecosystem, a place that feels like a real alien ocean! Doesnt that make you want to jump outta your seat and scream, sweeeeeettt! All of that would be hampered if another world was pushed into the game for this company (who have proven themselves to be very capable) to work on.

A sequel game that isn't/is water based? You have a better talking point at least.

Also, please put a spoiler in the title: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/145101

- Capta