'BOREALIS RISING' - A Subnautica Story V2.0.

Comments

• Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    Occasionally, mankind bumps into an alien species with a similar modus operandi. That's when it all hits the fan. We have our shiny terraforming equipment, all very clean, scientific and user-friendly. They have spore colonies, pulsating gestation cysts and mutation chambers, held together by a slimy sentient biofilm that oozes menacingly all over the landscape.

Nice stealth Zerg reference. :)

(Yeah, I'm a couple weeks behind and catching up...)
  • CryleveCryleve U.S Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219723Members
    edited September 2016
    Well the Kharaa were busy while you talked to seemingly the last Precursor alive.

I just hope you can get away in time.

• Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Life drinker is obviously The Bleeder, but Small Thunder... Biter maybe?
    I can imagine the blighter is probably Deep Small Thunder.

Maybe have a chapter that categorizes the roles that the creatures of Manannan had against the Kharaa (After Selkirk escapes the mysterious threat).
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Life drinker is obviously The Bleeder, but Small Thunder... Biter maybe?
    I can imagine the blighter is probably Deep Small Thunder.

Maybe have a chapter that categorizes the roles that the creatures of Manannan had against the Kharaa (After Selkirk escapes the mysterious threat).

'Small Thunder' is the Crashfish. 'Life Drinker' is indeed the Bleeder. 'Long Talon' is the Reaper. 'Far Jumper' is the Warper. 'Sky Fire Swimmer' is the Amp Eel. 'Shadow Walker' is the Crabsquid. I've tried to make the alt-names as descriptive as possible, so it's not really necessary to devote a whole chapter to re-defining the planet's wildlife. These creatures still behave in exactly the same manner as they do in the game.
  • The2musketeersThe2musketeers Decatur, GA Join Date: 2016-05-04 Member: 216350Members
    Why couldn't Polyakov ask ALECTO to turn the light back on?
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members

Because he's an idiot?
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

He could have. the real question is, would ALECTO have complied? im guessing Selkirk gave specific procedure locks on anything Polyakov requested since he never trusted him from the get go ..... dunno
    Re: Turning the lights back on?

All of the above. Plus a bit more.
    Did he possibly get the plans for the PPSH-41's from some sekrit dokuments?
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
  • CryleveCryleve U.S Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219723Members
    Not as Immune as you thought, now are you Polyakov. As Selkirk said "Welcome to Hell."
    edited September 2016
    2:1 scale sketch of Polykov's brain:

right there > .
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Wow, he's dense. How many more humiliations and power displays must Polyakov endure before he realises he's hopelessly outwitted and outgunned? Mentioning the weapon fabrication templates and access codes was also a bad idea, Selkirk can probably find and delete them now.

I wonder if Polyakov will get turned inside-out by the Valyrie Field on his "last life" and end up mercy killed.
  • KalonjiKalonji Join Date: 2016-09-28 Member: 222676Members
    Bugzapper, just registered on here just to say how large this all is. I read your first story and thought you cant Beat this but now this second story is lieterally amazing. Your Level of creatitivity and writings is above all . Thanks and big up unu yuself boss
    @Kalonji Thanks!
    Glad you're enjoying the stories. More to come! :)
  • OceanFire25OceanFire25 Join Date: 2016-09-30 Member: 222731Members
    Goodnight, you living crap-stain."

Selkirk is a class IV savage.
  • cheetored20cheetored20 cheetored20 Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218564Members
    edited October 2016

what would a class five be ???
    also i think personally he's a class 5
    edited October 2016
    Selkirk might be best described as a Level 50+ TechnoMage/Mechanist. Alignment: Chaotic good.

'Old School' point of reference.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Selkirk might be best described as a Level 50+ TechnoMage/Mechanist. Alignment: Chaotic good.

'Old School' point of reference.

oh oh, i see @Bugzapper played Dungeons & Dragons Leviathans in his youth! :smiley:
    @Rainstorm Not just in my youth. My last serious D&D session was well over a decade ago. Never did the Leviathan campaigns, though. Also quite partial to GURPS, Morrow Project, Shadowrun and Car Wars. Currently revisiting Might & Magic VI, just for old time's sake. :)
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited October 2016
    @Rainstorm Not just in my youth. My last serious D&D session was well over a decade ago. Never did the Leviathan campaigns, though. Also quite partial to GURPS, Morrow Project, Shadowrun and Car Wars. Currently revisiting Might & Magic VI, just for old time's sake. :)
    @phantomfinch

Yep. Wouldn't have it any other way.
  • OceanFire25OceanFire25 Join Date: 2016-09-30 Member: 222731Members

what would a class five be ???
    also i think personally he's a class 5

A class V would basically be the same thing, but would've also had something about his mother in there...