Suggestions !

123457»

Comments

• AdofoAdofo Duncanville Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206491Members
    Hey! I'm new here but I have been playing the game for a bit (Even doing a Let's Play series for it) and I know probably some of these suggestions have been made but I want to reinforce any that have.

1: Power cell generator - This may be already in the game or in development but I'm throwing this out there. I'd like to be able to get some form of generator for the Cyclops so you don't have to make new power cells and they just recharge. I mean, yes you can put solar panels on it but so far, I can't figure out how, if any way, to not make it sink when you put them on. But I think there should be a solar panel look alike that is merged with the design for the hull reinforcement for the base. So it can just go on the top of the Cyclops. And yes that would take out A LOT of the challenge of having enough power to really go far away in the cyclops, but the stuff to make it could be rare and in hard to get places. Also it can not give you too much power so it gets less power than the regular solar panel. I just find it a little too frustrating to have so many power cells for the cyclops to really go anywhere.

2: Trainable fish - I know this is probably what most will think is a stupid idea but I really like it. If you can somehow train a very certain few types of wildlife then they can become your pets. And maybe each species can do different things. Like one can help defend you from danger, one is good at finding certain supplies and one you could ride. Just brainstorming. But I mean, Minecraft made wolves turn into Dogs if you train them and ocelots into cats. I know that's not the best argument but still. It's be a little neat mechanic.

3: Fan made sea life - Now I'm not talking like everyone and anyone can make a fish in some fish builder and then they are everywhere in your game. I mean like, maybe every now and then the creators can have contests where they can make their own weird water creatures, draw them up, tell them what they do and some details about them and then the winner gets put in! I mean...come on! I'd be pretty cool to do this, to make a drawing and send a little info and it be brought to life in the game professionally! I even have a few small ideas I'd enter into the contest.

4: Multiplayer - Okay now I'm SURE somebody has said this at least once. and I know this is still early access but I'm talking about later on. Just at some point in time. Maybe even years from now! But it'd be awesome to have some sort of multiplayer element to this! Maybe a different ship crashes and that player gets brought into the game that way. I mean, there are a lot of possibilities other than just throwing into 4 to 8 people on a server and call it a day. And I probably assume, if this game is worked on for long enough that the size of the world will be pretty huge! So why not have a different ship crash thousands and thousands of miles away from where you did?

5: What crashed our ship? - I know something hit the ship and we crashed. I think they could do a lot with that! Maybe they can put in some kind of dominate species that saw the ship coming and shot it down. I don't know. I mean, as far as I know, something hit your ship, you crashed and now you're stranded on this ocean planet. They could expand on how the ship crashed in so many ways! It'd be cool to do something with it! And it'd be a shame if they said just some natural space energy the Aurora couldn't detect hit it and that's it. I know they probably are planning something for that, I just want to be sure.

6: Other survivors? - This one I'm still thinking on but I still want to tell about it. The thing is, the ship was HUGE! What are the chances only ONE escape pod made it? Maybe your escape pod was the last one launched and that's how you landed so close to it. But others ejected sooner so they are way farther out and spread out. I mean, it'd be cool to just up and find another sea base somewhere and a fellow crewman built it and was inside and is surprised to see you alive! Maybe you're friends! Maybe some can be friends, some can be rivals and some have just lost it and don't trust anyone. Honestly with the game in this stage, a ton of awesome things can happen!

That's all I'll say for now. I have a few other ideas but I want to see what you guys think of my ideas. Thanks for reading!
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    this is my Alien-Suit or Endgame Suit i was thinking 'bout

I thought it would be a nice turnaround for the player, since this suit turns u from a stranger to a actual inhabitant of the alien planet.
    and the view trough the membran helmet lets u feel even more alien.

29c1olwdsmxo.jpg

it's supposed to be pretty much an endgame reward after anything else is done, so u can mess around and freeroam without limitations anymore!
  • Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
    Make The Sea Emperor Even Bigger than Planned, Make Him HUGE!!!
  • Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
    Make There be A crashed Degasi Somewhere on Planet 45-46B
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    they all ready have battery chargers and power cell chargers
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    they all ready have battery chargers and power cell chargers

Up until yesterday this thread hadn't been posted in for over a year.
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    this is my Alien-Suit or Endgame Suit i was thinking 'bout

I thought it would be a nice turnaround for the player, since this suit turns u from a stranger to a actual inhabitant of the alien planet.
    and the view trough the membran helmet lets u feel even more alien.

29c1olwdsmxo.jpg

it's supposed to be pretty much an endgame reward after anything else is done, so u can mess around and freeroam without limitations anymore!
    I really like this idea, maybe DNA splitting with the precursor

• subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    *Necroing intensifies*
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2016
    So many good memes out there...

796.jpg
    199c358f8af797573a7a99caba788a23.jpg
    thread_necro_zps92d0acb7.gif
    WSKdtFQ.png
    179809d1373210666t-apple-going-down-billions-tax-fraud-thread-necromancy.png
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Necro'd a second time after I pointed it out. This is some extreme sorcery.
  • AxolotlAxolotl Join Date: 2016-12-18 Member: 225140Members
    I feel like we should have an Axolotl ( or of the sorts ) creature! pic.jpg
  • Number35Number35 Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224491Members