[36618] Uncollected Uranium causes MASSIVE rock to appear (Can someone else confirm?)

CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
edited September 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Dev Team,

I was playing the game today and after returning from a venture in my seamoth I noticed a massive solid rock (15x the Aurora) in the world. I didn't have a save before I had set out. The rock has no collision.
Screenshot: 2016_09_06_00002.jpg
I playing stable 36618 and started this savegame on this build. I tried reloading and nothing fixes this yet.

EDIT:
Captagear wrote: »
UPDATE:
I found a solution....kinda. This is very interesting.

NOTE: While the fabricator is making something move your mouse off the device and click off. I do it all the time when its building lengthy things and I believe it's an intended feature.
To recreate the bug, the steps are:
  1. Collect 3 uraninite
  2. Make uranium in the fabricator
  3. Before its finished move the mouse off of the fabricator and click
  4. Head outside to see if the massive rock is near the Aurora
  5. If so its confirmed :)

I reloaded the game 2 times to confirm that the uranium left in the fabricator had caused this MASSIVE rock. What a weird bug!

Can someone confirm this on their end?

Comments

• WarmindWarmind Connecticut Join Date: 2016-04-13 Member: 215710Members
    Captagear wrote: »
    Subnatica Dev Team,

I was playing the game today and after returning from a venture in my seamoth I noticed a massive solid rock wall that had consumed half my base. When I returned to the surface I noticed that a MASSIVE rock was in my worldspace (10x the Aurora). So this is the second time something massive had occurred, only this time I don't have a savegame before it appeared. :#

The rock has no collision (unlike the giant lifepod 7) to everything EXCEPT my cyclops (which is now stuck in the wall :'( ).

Screenshot: 2016_09_06_00002.jpg

I playing stable 36618 and started this savegame on this build. I tried reloading and nothing fixes this yet.

- Cheers Capta

They're probably working on a new area and extended the wall too much, you just got caught before they noticed, it'll be gone soon.
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    edited September 2016
    Warmind wrote: »
    too much
    lol, too much...

Just thought id make a post incase anyone else is getting this :smiley:
    Soo my save is screwed now I believe, this giant rock won't go away :(
    Oh well :)
    edited September 2016
    UPDATE
    I found a solution....kinda. This is very interesting.

NOTE: While the fabricator is making something move your mouse off the device and click off. I do it all the time when its building lengthy things and I believe it's an intended feature.
    To recreate the bug, the steps are:
    1. Collect 3 uraninite
    2. Make uranium in the fabricator
    3. Before its finished move the mouse off of the fabricator and click
    4. Head outside to see if the massive rock is near the Aurora
    5. If so its confirmed :)

I reloaded the game 2 times to confirm that the uranium left in the fabricator had caused this MASSIVE rock. What a weird bug!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Maybe I did something wrong, but I did not get a giant rock and now I'm sad actually, I want a rock as well :(
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Maybe I did something wrong, but I did not get a giant rock and now I'm sad actually, I want a rock as well :(

Ill start a brand new game and let you know if its still their, cheers for checking tho :)