saved drafts: where to find?

IdlerayIdleray Join Date: 2012-10-04 Member: 161464Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I cannot for the life of me work out how to access it. Either it hasn't been implemented or it's hidden somewhere in an unintuitive place.

Comments

• AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    They're automatically loaded into the quick-reply box at the bottom of a thread (if you have those enabled).
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    If they are not working for you, we will need some more info such as your exact browser version and if you are running any plugins that may block stuff from saving.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    On the subject of saved drafts, is there a way to clear them? A few threads I've begun to type, or even finished typing messages have part of it permanently stuck in the box.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Nope. Another feature I have asked for.
  • Eddie894Eddie894 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-10-27 Member: 208795Members
    edited October 2015
    Same for me. Could someone tell me where to find them? I saved an article I was typing up, cannot find it. I did save it.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2015
    Eddie894 wrote: »
    Same for me. Could someone tell me where to find them? I saved an article I was typing up, cannot find it. I did save it.

Well right now the only way to find them is to remember in which thread you were posting that post (new threads drafts aren't accessible). It currently lacks a list all drafts feature and of course a clear all drafts feature... The list is beginning to turn into a black hole if this keeps up :D

Also quoting myself here:
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    My advice if typing a long post is to use a text editor instead, that's what I always do, I don't trust "draft" features on forums...

• CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    edited September 2016
    Has this changed? Or am I just reading your instructions wrong? I was writing a new discussion on subnautica and hit save draft but my brother tripped my PC and now it's gone. :(

EDIT: Will be using text editor from now onwards
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2016
    AFAIK, the save draft only works on posts, not threads, it requires a thread as a location to save...

Threads are kinda not saved yet to the database of the forums, before actually posting them. So the save draft option is quite useless in this case, as in not working. Also there is no actual option to see all your draft... They seem to be tied to the specific thread you saved it... That, or we are missing some feature/module to actually list our drafts

Odd feature with half-assed implementation :(
    @Kouji_San
    Dammit :(
    I looked into the source code and it said it saved it with a "draft ID", so I was thinking perhaps there was a storage. Oh well I'll rewrite it up later (I mentioned you in it btw, haha :P)

I might also MSG the devs and ask what the deal is, if I get anything back post it here for anyone in the future.
    edited September 2016
    @Comprox @AceDude are the one with the list of things wrong with these here forums. But IIRC they are dependent on Vanilla forums to fix or implement stuff...
    Captagear wrote: »
    (mentioned you in it btw, haha :tongue:)
    Hmmm intriguing :sunglasses:

• WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Thank you so much!! XD