Do Mesmer Eggs Actually Exist?

SubJamesIcaSubJamesIca US Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219719Members
I was excited to get a couple of mesmers for my aquarium after reading on the wiki that Mesmer eggs were located in the kush zone, but after about two hours of pretty intensive searching I found nothing that looked remotely like a Mesmer egg. There were shocker eggs and boneshark eggs and lots of living mesmers, but no eggs. Can anyone else confirm the existence of these eggs?

Comments

• VincentNZVincentNZ Germany Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217829Members
    I thought the Mesmers are out of the game currently? Anyway some eggs are much rarer than others. While you can get a lot of, stalker, rabbitray and sandshark eggs, others are harder to find.

I still wonder though if they spawn randomly or if they are placed in a certain spot.
  • CrawmakCrawmak USA Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219814Members
    edited July 2016
    I'm honestly not sure at this point. Mesmer eggs, Reefback eggs, Crabsnake eggs, and Shuttlebug eggs all seem to be just not there for me. Hell I even once found a "Grassy Plateaus Egg" that, after looking up, I found out to be a currently-useless unimplemented item. I managed to find a super rare unimplemented item BEFORE any of the eggs I want.
    I have a breeding pair of Ampeels, but no freakin' Shuttlebug. Man, I can understand that some eggs are rarer than others, but I feel like at this point it's just ridiculous.
    Meanwhile if I had picked up every Boneshark egg I've ever found while combing the Koosh Zone for Shuttlebug and Mesmer eggs, I'd probably have enough Bonesharks to power my bioreactor for a real-life month.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @VincentNZ Mesmers are very much still in game. I've never seen an egg though.
  • RasandeRasande Canada Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213655Members
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I thought the Mesmers are out of the game currently? Anyway some eggs are much rarer than others. While you can get a lot of, stalker, rabbitray and sandshark eggs, others are harder to find.

I still wonder though if they spawn randomly or if they are placed in a certain spot.

Mesmers are currently in the game. The game version is currently 34544 July 2016. I haven't found any of their eggs though.
  • BloodGod22BloodGod22 England Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219708Members
    Found Mesmers in the Mushroom Forest, and they have the new audio effects added as well.
    I didn't see any eggs though, but then again, I haven't really been searching for them.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    edited July 2016
    I have not found any eggs for Crabsnake, Mesmer, Shuttlebug, or Reefback, at least not in stable. I just spent a half hour searching the Jellyshroom cavern system for the Crabsnake ones without any luck. I did see a few crabsnakes, so they fixed that bug at least.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited July 2016
    scubamatt wrote: »
    I have not found any eggs for Crabsnake, Mesmer, Shuttlebug, or Reefback, at least not in stable. I just spent a half hour searching the Jellyshroom cavern system for the Crabsnake ones without any luck. I did see a few crabsnakes, so they fixed that bug at least.

The crabsnake eggs as well as the Reefback eggs both exist, theyre both just stupidly rare. Ive found one reefback egg a few weeks back but none since. As for the crabsnake eggs ive found a few, inside those giant purple glowing mushrooms but theyre also pretty rare

As for the Mesmer and Shuttlebug, ive never found any eggs from them despite me exploring ALOT in all the games i make so hmmm .. its possible ive been insanely unlucky and never found any but i'd wager that they are not in the game as of yet.

Also, about the mesmer, ive encountered them a few times since their new ''mesmerization'' audio went in. Boy, are they truely terrifying now .... holy crap! :smiley:

NB: Worth noting, i play in Experimental mode only. Not sure about the Reefback/Crabsnake eggs in Stable mode.
    edited July 2016
    I never thought to look *inside* the Snake Mushrooms, I only searched around all of them and all of the low ground where things roll. This is how idiot scientists get eaten by giant alien predators, sticking their heads inside alien mushrooms to look around. (sigh) That will be the mission tomorrow morning, I think. (I'm in Stable, Survival only, so I'll update you if I find one.)
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    The mesmer eggs just want you to think they don't exist.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    The mesmer eggs just want you to think they don't exist.

''It is your primary directive to ignore my existence'' !!!
    edited July 2016
    Well, I couldn't wait, so I went to the Jellyshroom caves and searched all the ones around my base there. At first I got excited, because I thought I saw eggs inside the shrooms, but its just a little nub of rock in each one, that sort of anchors the shroom. I searched 13 shrooms before parking at my Jellybase and logging out, and I discovered a few things:

a) you can stuff a Seamoth in most of those shrooms if you go in perfectly vertical.
    b) the crabsnakes object strenuously to a Seamoth in their house, but there isn't much they can do about it once you're inside smooshing them
    c) gratuitous use of the Perimeter Defense System not only chases off the Crabsnakes, it thins the herds of Biters that try to follow you into the shrooms for a snack

Still no eggs, though. I'll search the rest of the caves tomorrow morning.
  • AnumrakAnumrak Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221741Members
    Never found crabsnake egg too. Is there a progress in finding one?
  • SamNauticaSamNautica Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221596Members
    I just recently found a Crash egg, which I didn't even know was in the game. However I haven't been able to find a Reefback egg, which is the one I want the most.
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    My best info says the Crabsnake eggs are rare but in stable (though this is only through other players posting "I totally found one"; 10x that many say "I looked in EVERY shroom and there are ZERO"), but the Reefback, Mesmer, and Shuttlebug eggs are not spawning, though they are items that exist and work but have to be consoled in.

What's a "Grassy Plateaus Egg"? I found one and I thought it might be a Reefback even though it was small, but it won't work in an Alien Containment no matter what I do. All I can do with it is put it in lockers. I can't even drop it, inside, outside, on land, or underwater, or in Alien Containment.
  • FryerDevilFryerDevil Austrailia Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220657Members
    Rare eggs seem awesome, like some hard-earned achievement/novelty that doesn't really give you anything but bragging rights...
    I want the Reefback egg so bad too...
    Where do you find Mesmers? I can't seem to find anything cool, not even a Crabsquid ):
  • CaptainRonCaptainRon Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219569Members
    Saw a mesmer in the southern area of the Kelp Forest... was a pain trying to scan it because he was around a bunch of bleeders, pain trying to scan them because of the mesmer, lol. I did find a crabsnake egg inside the mushrooms where they stalk at.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    CaptainRon wrote: »
    Saw a mesmer in the southern area of the Kelp Forest... was a pain trying to scan it because he was around a bunch of bleeders, pain trying to scan them because of the mesmer, lol. I did find a crabsnake egg inside the mushrooms where they stalk at.

You do realize that you don't actually have to scan them while they're still alive? >:)
  • Midnight_TeaMidnight_Tea Join Date: 2016-08-27 Member: 221790Members
    ... I can think of several reasons why a completely stranded survivor with nothing to do would want access to a mesmer. Those eggs are a prize indeed.
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    EvilSmoo wrote: »

You do realize that you don't actually have to scan them while they're still alive? >:)

Are you playing Experimental? Because the scanner does not react to dead creatures at all in Stable, and never has at least as far back as the Habitat Update way-back-when.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    orobouros wrote: »
    EvilSmoo wrote: »

Are you playing Experimental? Because the scanner does not react to dead creatures at all in Stable, and never has at least as far back as the Habitat Update way-back-when.
    I scanned that dead Reaper in Stable just fine. Might be a recent change.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    As far as Experimental goes...

Crab snake eggs have been in for a while. Find any jellyshroom that doesn't have a crab snake presently in it and there will probably be a crab snake egg inside it. This makes them some of the easiest eggs to find, because they have a fixed location.

Crashfish eggs are also in, and they can be sometimes found in crash planets after the fish has blown up.

Mesmer eggs technically have existed for a long time (along with many others), but they haven't been added as an actual random drop yet. Which is to say that you can console command them into your inventory, but you're not going to see them otherwise. Ditto for reefbacks. This may change in future updates.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    I wonder at the purpose of Crashfish eggs. I mean what purpose besides putting them in a bioreactor do they serve?
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    Load them into propulsion cannon to turn it into a rocket launcher.
  • TetrapodTetrapod Wastelands of California Join Date: 2016-08-04 Member: 220973Members
    Hmm crashfish pet. Probably need dozens to play catch. "Ok, catch the rock boy, go get it...good... *boom* ...boy. "
  • cy4ncy4n The Kingdom of Reginald Join Date: 2016-09-14 Member: 222316Members
    I found a reefback egg!
    Then I threw it away because it took up too much of my inventory...
    I'm such an idiot.
  • CaptainRonCaptainRon Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219569Members
    cy4n wrote: »
    I found a reefback egg!
    Then I threw it away because it took up too much of my inventory...
    I'm such an idiot.

at-this-moment-he-knew-he-fucked-up.png

Lol, I had too. :blush:
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Meh. I can't think of any real uses for Reefbacks. Reginalds are best fish to shove into a bio, lantern fruit or chinese potatoes are pretty solid too, plus easy. Reefbacks do provide 1000 power each, but they also occupy 16 slots.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    I require evidence!!! show me your fresh reefback eggs!!!!
  • PolynerPolyner South Carolina Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 246015Members
    I was excited to get a couple of mesmers for my aquarium after reading on the wiki that Mesmer eggs were located in the kush zone, but after about two hours of pretty intensive searching I found nothing that looked remotely like a Mesmer egg. There were shocker eggs and boneshark eggs and lots of living mesmers, but no eggs. Can anyone else confirm the existence of these eggs?

• PolynerPolyner South Carolina Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 246015Members
    I’ve found 4 Mesmer eggs on the little island in the rib cage of the skeleton in the lost river