Final release date?

Fury0nOneFury0nOne uk Join Date: 2016-08-31 Member: 221922Members
First off this game is EPIC! Huge thankyou to everyone involved. Does anyone know or perhaps a dev can shed some light...does the game have a set release/final version release date as of yet? Or even a rough idea.
Thanks again guys.

Comments

• ANZAC69ANZAC69 New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221808Members
    From what I've read December could the the date, though from sources that could be hearsay!!
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    I hope they take as long as they need,

and please, PLEASE do not do what ARK just did...They put out a $20 expansion for their preview (early access) game, but the main game isn't even done yet. Sketchy stuff!
  • Tlroa893Tlroa893 Join Date: 2016-08-09 Member: 221113Members

and please, PLEASE do not do what ARK just did...They put out a $20 expansion for their preview (early access) game, but the main game isn't even done yet. Sketchy stuff!

To be fair, ARK has given a ton of stuff for free based on what they charged initially. Even if it is in preview they can't give away everything for free or they won't have the funds to continue working on it.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Tlroa893 wrote: »

To be fair, ARK has given a ton of stuff for free based on what they charged initially. Even if it is in preview they can't give away everything for free or they won't have the funds to continue working on it.

Yea, I'm not knocking Ark, I love the game, but they have stirred up a hornets nest on the internet with a lot of fan backlash.

They've basically opened the game up for pay to win now, since you can bring items and dino's from the expansion back to the normal game. Which means if you don't buy it you can get killed and have your base destroyed by the people who did because they have equipment and monsters you don't.

Pay to win fundamentally changes the game we bought into, I guess it's one of the perils of early access, I'd just hate to see it happen to Subnautica since it's shaping up to be one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had.

It's just really sketchy, and kind of lame the more I think about it. Plus I get that they need money to keep making the game, no doubt about it, but I think they should have finished the game itself before adding a paid expansion onto it.

Basically I don't know if they took the money we gave them, and then used it to create this entirely new dlc, and then charged us for it. That's the problem in my eyes.

Still the game is great, and if you want more by all means pick it up. I just can't approve of their approach to dlc.