I doing something to lose my knife, not sure what.

ElCabongElCabong Houston, Tx Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211851Members
I think it happens when I pick up some things with it equipped. But not always.

It's happened twice.

Comments

• ElMonstroElMonstro Germany Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221570Members
    You sure that it didnt just vanished because its durability sank to 0?
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    ^ That. Knifes have a durability, they'll break after you use the durability up.
  • ElCabongElCabong Houston, Tx Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211851Members
    I'm sure it's not because of durability, I lost it a few minutes after I made it. It was not in my inventory
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Don`t right click it ^^
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • QelsarQelsar Lansdowne, MD Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216536Members
    LOL, thats nawt a knife XD
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    But don't you keep knifes with zero durability? At least it was so before the patch. Did they change that?
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    edited August 2016
    But don't you keep knifes with zero durability? At least it was so before the patch. Did they change that?
    Knives are weird.

The base knife disappears when its durability hits zero. But if you save and reload, sometimes (but not always) it mysteriously reappears (still with zero durability).

The upgraded knives tend to stay around instead.

(Or at least this is what happened in stable pre-update. I haven't checked if the update changed things.)
  • TheElfTheElf Deep blue Sea Join Date: 2016-05-07 Member: 216483Members
    I've lost my new knives a few times, inexplicably. They also glitch out now and disappear even though my hand seems to be clinched around one. New patch, New save, 4 hours in.
  • JolianJolian Join Date: 2007-05-23 Member: 60995Members, Constellation
    ^^^ Same experience. I had to start carrying around 2 because Stalkers.
  • Midnight_TeaMidnight_Tea Join Date: 2016-08-27 Member: 221790Members
    I always feel icky using the knife because it's one of the few consumable titanium items in the game. Since as far as I know nothing respawns and the map is limited, when a knife is used up you've effectively removed titanium from your world forever. Might not seem like a big deal until you realize that the maximum size you can build your base without cheating has shrunk by just a tiny amount. So if this is an actual glitch I'd want it addressed ASAP, just for the sake of my own OCD.

(or implement respawning rules for materials in the world -- i.e. if there's less than say 20-30% of titanium left in the entire world, it'll start to slowly repopulate)
  • DannyRDannyR Bucharest, Romania Join Date: 2015-11-08 Member: 209102Members
    Actually, titanium respawns :) In the form of metal salvage.
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    I've heard that rabbit rays can steal your knives. Never seen it happen, though.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    Mirality wrote: »
    Knives are weird.

The base knife disappears when its durability hits zero. But if you save and reload, sometimes (but not always) it mysteriously reappears (still with zero durability).

The upgraded knives tend to stay around instead.

(Or at least this is what happened in stable pre-update. I haven't checked if the update changed things.)

Ok then knives seem to behave differently because I used my zero durability knives to craft my hardened knife or heated knife with them. At least I used to do so before the patch. Still havn't found the time to play the new patch yet, so I can't say if it still works that way for me or not.