Where the HELL is the Modding station?

NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
Got a Seaglide and a Seamoth without upgrades and are desperately searching for the Modding station. After hours and hours of searching still no clue, nowhere to be found within 200m depth. Can anyone help me?
Either my new game didn`t spawn the wreck with it or I was really really unlucky so far.

Comments

• Kampela7Kampela7 Finland Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221701Members
    Found mine from Wreck that got stuck between narrow space above Bloodkelp, one that leads to Lost River.
    You might need to explore Aurora to find Pressure thingy for Seamoth and PRAWL(did i remember name right?) from there before you head to ravine.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Aurora aint explorale anymore in a new game, the earlier path to the core is blocked now by stuff only to be moved with prawl. and Prawl should be in the same wrecks where modding station should be.
    Wreck exists but is more than 300m below, no way to reach it without cheating. Had to use console to check if that wreck exists.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    You need a Propulsion Cannon to get into the Aurora. And a Laser Cutter is useful. Modding Station is later game now. The order of things has changed.
  • TerrazinTerrazin Germany Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213688Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    You need a Propulsion Cannon to get into the Aurora. And a Laser Cutter is useful. Modding Station is later game now. The order of things has changed.

A welder and maybe the fire extinguisher would be good too.
  • CorBlimeyCorBlimey Big Blue Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221300Members
    Terrazin wrote: »
    Fathom wrote: »

A welder and maybe the fire extinguisher would be good too.

One thing you don't want to waste your inventory space on is food, water and more than 1 or 2 med packs.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    got welder etc, but I didn`t knew you could use the propulsion gun for that. Watched the Vid of prawl and as I entered the Aurora thought damn, here I need that new thing.
  • GoretogGoretog UK Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216082Members
    Wow the amount of people who just give up with the Aurora, this is the way I got everything from the auroa and am now ready for deeper dives...

At start find seaglide, build it, use the signal to find lifepod 17, the wreck there is where you can find alot of fragments, main ones are seamoth and Mobile Veichal Bay.

Build Seamoth and make way to the mountains, follow the safe shallows till you hit the red grass and keep going north till you see a kelp zone, go through it and your at the mountains, find diamond head back. (this is the easyest way to avoid Reapers going to the mountains that I have found)

Build Laser cutter bring Fire Extinguisher and welder, head to front of Aurora but be careful, make way into the aurora and to Admin (?) room for keycode.

Use the enviroment to jump over the boxes, enter code and have fun avoiding the Bleeders ^^

edited August 2016
    Goretog wrote: »
    Wow the amount of people who just give up with the Aurora, this is the way I got everything from the auroa and am now ready for deeper dives...

At start find seaglide, build it, use the signal to find lifepod 17, the wreck there is where you can find alot of fragments, main ones are seamoth and Mobile Veichal Bay.

Build Seamoth and make way to the mountains, follow the safe shallows till you hit the red grass and keep going north till you see a kelp zone, go through it and your at the mountains, find diamond head back. (this is the easyest way to avoid Reapers going to the mountains that I have found)

Build Laser cutter bring Fire Extinguisher and welder, head to front of Aurora but be careful, make way into the aurora and to Admin (?) room for keycode.

Use the enviroment to jump over the boxes, enter code and have fun avoiding the Bleeders ^^

Maybe you should consider in that things like Propulsion Gun were never needed before. So people like me playing this game since times where we couldn`t even grow plants (means quite a long time) just tried out things like that, and then put it in the "no use locker". Lately the Devs keep reorganising the game giving things like the P-Gun a meaning/use. That ain`t bad, but leads to confusion.

Btw: Got the Modding station now thanks to the help here.

As for the Prawl, the suit kinda sucks. It`s nice to drill with him but YUCK, moving with it while using many beacons to easy navigate to places make me sick due to the constant up and down movement of the beacon signs. In addition it gets worse by jumping down from something since the Terrain and object loading is quite slow and if you even slightly bump into something that suit starts circling away from where you went. Good thing I always use the compass or I wouldn`t be able to move straight with that thing. :-/

BUT, I like the potential it has.

Edit: Yes, I know terraforming gets moved out the the game because saving that environment takes up to much save space, but really? The Exosuit can NOT DRILL HOLES? W T F
  • DeclarentDeclarent Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221711Members
    Hmm, got everything from the Aurora without the moth or the prop gun. Swim to the front, walk up the ramp, enter ship. You can drop down onto the stack of boxes from above (the corridor with the missing floor still has edges that you can walk on).

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Declarent wrote: »
    Hmm, got everything from the Aurora without the moth or the prop gun. Swim to the front, walk up the ramp, enter ship. You can drop down onto the stack of boxes from above (the corridor with the missing floor still has edges that you can walk on).

There are places in the aurora you can't get to without a propulsion cannon. You may be able to circumvent that first blockage, but there are others that don't have a platform to jump from.
  • WhiteyUSMCWhiteyUSMC Rockford, IL Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216869Members
    edited August 2016
    you do NOT need the propulsion gun. Got everything from the aurora with only fire extinguishers, welder and laser cutter. edit: i know what room you are thinking of with the prop gun....found it by swimming through the inside.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @WhiteyUSMC How did you access the crew cabins off the prawn bay? They are up stairs blocked with debris.
  • WhiteyUSMCWhiteyUSMC Rockford, IL Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216869Members
    edited August 2016
    I just jumped up on the boxes. edit: the left side that's not on fire.
  • GoretogGoretog UK Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216082Members
    edited August 2016
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    Declarent wrote: »

There are places in the aurora you can't get to without a propulsion cannon. You may be able to circumvent that first blockage, but there are others that don't have a platform to jump from.

I have been everywhere in the Aurora without ever using the Prop Cannon, there are ways to jump past stuff/debris like using boxes and parts of the environment to get past (balancing on the hand rail is a personal favorite of mine). People just need to have patience and persevere when trying things out imo =)
    And what about getting out? Does that work too or did ya just die to get out of Aurora.
  • AlistairMacbainAlistairMacbain Germany Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221616Members
    You dont need the propulsion cannon. What you need is a welder and a laser cutter to explore every part of it. Fire ext is benefitial because without it you need quite some medkits :D.

Enter from the main entrance. Broken side on the left and walk up. At some point you get to a place where you need to walk over some metal things to continue. From there you reach the door. On one side is the room on fire with a pda which has a code for the door. On the other side you get the ramp downward. Either jump on the big box and run + jump on the debris or dont go down the ramp and instead on the broken bids at the side and then jump down on the debris. From there you reach the door where you already found the code in the first room.
    When going back you can just jump on the debris to get out.