Texture popping

sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
Hi, as many of you know, the texture popping is getting real problem for this game.
Honest it making it hard to drive in this game, I keep hitting wall seconds before I see them.
My base door take a while for them to open when I load a game, and I get trapped in my base.
Even on recommended detail and low everything, the texture popping bad.
what with me weld-cutting a door ever time I load a game.

what your stability problem stories, please tell me.

here the question: Should the game developer fix the texture popping right away and improve stability or it can wait?

Comments

• Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Frankly speaking, as long as the devs are aware of the problem and it does get fixed before full release, I don't really care when it is done. I signed up for early access not expecting a flawless performance, so I can live with popping...
  • sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Frankly speaking, as long as the devs are aware of the problem and it does get fixed before full release, I don't really care when it is done. I signed up for early access not expecting a flawless performance, so I can live with popping...

What you say is true, I just want to bring it to the dev attentions it really getting bad, in hope they will fix it sooner. I remember when It was next never to see a text pops but now it
    all the time.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Environment loading should improve once they switch to static terrain.
  • rottendrakerottendrake Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217470Members
    the only thing that really concerns me now is the underground reaper leviathan. You heard it, you know it's around, suddenly it pops from the sand beneath and bam your seamoth is chomped up by it
    the only thing that really concerns me now is the underground reaper leviathan. You heard it, you know it's around, suddenly it pops from the sand beneath and bam your seamoth is chomped up by it

That really suck, glad that never happened to me.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited August 2016
    Fix it right now

Try using the Exo with many beacons you setup, jump down from something. Not only the loading is slow, this will make you puke due to the up and down of their signs AND the suit bumping into something changing direction leaving you disoriented.

Pity even that slow Exo has problems with this.
    (Makes me laugh about that there was the rumor the devs wanted to lower the speed of the the Seamoth due to the same problem)

Btw: Am I the only one loading saves taking between 1-2mins? A bit long for my taste, not even Fallout 4 takes that long loading a game.
  • Kapanator13Kapanator13 Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-08-24 Member: 221673Members
    I haven't experienced this "popping". The reaper phasing out of nowhere and in your face...yeah. Fix that, so I can stop changing my shorts. :p
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    The PRAWN update actually made the pop-in a lot better for me. Didn't fix it entirely, but I haven't had those moments where a hillside suddenly appears in front of my seamoth as I cruise at full speed. I also notice that digging in sand is no longer possible, and I haven't seen any sign of the terraformer as of yet. I haven't tried to build much in the way of a base either, but I'm wondering if the terrain has already gone static?

The reaper one of the devs explained somewhere that the terrain collision physics are only modeled at certain distance from the player, in order to cut down on memory usage or something like that. Since the reapers are visible far off, they can appear before collision is checkable, and wind up swimming through the terrain. It would definitely be nice if they find a way to resolve that issue - giant seamonsters charging you from nowhere is not good times.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited August 2016
    Terrain changes haven been removed due to much save space usage to keep track of that. More a console decision than a Pc one. I dislike that too. Was just great to able to change everything and get creative in building. And gets more stupid with this update. Drilling arm Exo can`t drill any hole. What a joke.
    Another reason is that the story related stuff would/could be messed up with the Terraformer, aka digging through cages... .

I`ve never seen official posts for these reasons, but others said they had. Just saying... .
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    I haven't really experienced anything like that. I have a lot of memory and very good GPU on my PC. When going fast into new biomes there is a LOT of pop in.
    I haven't really experienced anything like that. I have a lot of memory and very good GPU on my PC. When going fast into new biomes there is a LOT of pop in.

it take about a min and a half for everything to pop in.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Does you PC meet minimum requirements for the game? 1.5mins is an unbelievably long time for pop-in.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    1.5 minutes is definitely a lot. Hyperbole perhaps?
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Does you PC meet minimum requirements for the game? 1.5mins is an unbelievably long time for pop-in.

I do match the requirements effortlessly it just feel like a min

• SharkeySharkey Join Date: 2019-03-09 Member: 251623Members
    I'm trying to solve an image issue that occurs mostly in the Cyclops. Walls and the ceiling have blotchy looking like broken tiles that jump around. Is that what people are calling texture popping?
    Anyone know where to look for answers on how to fix this. Just upgraded GPU big time with no change
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    No, texture popping is when things pop into existence (or become noticeably more detailed suddenly) while moving. See here: