bindings in config file

viktor89viktor89 Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183711Members
Hey all

I am trying to achieve (what I thought would be relatively simple) jump-binding on mouse up/down as well as jump. I simply can't figure out where I could put such "extra" bindings - ie. which files to edit?

I read through this topic but I think it is outdated and does not apply anymore.

Can somebody in here be specific as to what I should write and in which files?

Thanks in advance ! :smile:

Comments

• IxianIxian Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-16 Member: 194783Members, Squad Five Blue
    I don't believe anything can be bound double.

HOWEVER, you can queue up your jumps, if you press jump and hold it while in the air. Additionally, if you have trouble as a skulk walljumping, try holding control down - this way you dont stick to any surface.

Did this help?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    viktor89 wrote: »
    jump-binding on mouse up/down as well as jump.
    I am confused as to what you're trying to accomplish?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Yea just fyi, you can't bunny hop in this game... if that's what you were after.
  • viktor89viktor89 Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183711Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    viktor89 wrote: »
    jump-binding on mouse up/down as well as jump.
    I am confused as to what you're trying to accomplish?

Sory, I ment:
    jump-binding on mouse up/down as well as jump space.

BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Yea just fyi, you can't bunny hop in this game... if that's what you were after.

Well, for skulks you can sort of bunny-hop on walls etc. So this is where MouseWheel-jump could be useful :smile:
    edited August 2016
    Ixian wrote: »
    HOWEVER, you can queue up your jumps, if you press jump and hold it while in the air. Additionally, if you have trouble as a skulk walljumping, try holding control down - this way you dont stick to any surface.

Did this help?

It is the technique I am using for now, but coming from CSGO I am just so very used to jump being bound multiple places :smile:
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    install this: https://autohotkey.com/
    and create a text file with the following content:

Space::WheelDown

then rename the extension to .ahk instead of .txt and run it with autohotkey, done.
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    install this: https://autohotkey.com/
    and create a text file with the following content:

Space::WheelDown

then rename the extension to .ahk instead of .txt and run it with autohotkey, done.
    You have it backwards. Technically, it would be this:
    WheelUp::Space
    WheelDown::Space

This isn't an ideal script, though. If you spam the mouse wheel fast enough, AutoHotkey will return an error due to #MaxHotkeysPerInterval. Try using this script instead.
    And autohotkey won't result in VAC ban?
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold