Let's talk about achievements!

Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
edited September 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
So I thought why not discuss something we Xbox One users undoubtetly love?

Achievements! Are the Steam ones any good? Can they be translated 1:1 to console?

When can we look forward to them? Only after SN gets out of the preview program?

Will it be a full 1000 points? What do you prefer, cheevos for milestones or quirky things?

Do you have any good ideas for Subnautica achievements (avoid heavy spoilers)?

To think of a few...

"There is Always a Bigger Fish" - Meeting a certain sea monstrosity...

"20'000 Leagues Under the Sea" - Reaching maximum depth.

"Robinson Crusoe" - Discovering a specific place.

"Das Boot ist Voll" - Fully upgrading the Cyclops.

"Run Peeper, Run" - Catching said fish.

"Free Willy" - Meeting a rather big and friendly sea creature...

"Grease Monkey" - Repairing one big ship.

Your turn! :smile:

Comments

• PsyclonixPsyclonix Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217880Members
    "Close call" Survive with under 10% health
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    My daughter adds " follow the yellow brick road" - navigate the entire seatreaders path (maybe should be the brown brick road due to all the poo)
    This is fun, I don't want to let this thread drop down the list lol

"I am IRONMAN" -pilot a full upgraded exosuit with thrustors and dual propulsion cannon equipped
  • Apostle311Apostle311 Dominican Republic Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219927Members
    Something along the lines on the PADI Diving program, all based on real-life obtainable certifications (achievements!):

Wreck Diver - Explore a Wreck
    Advanced Wreck Diver - Explore all wrecks
    Cavern Diver - Explore a Cave...certain caves
    Open Water Diver - Leave the relative safety of your pod and explore 3 different biomes
    Advanced Open Water Diver - Explore all Biomes
    Rescue Diver - Use 100 med packs
    Drift Diver - just a space for me to suggest adding currents to the game, certain drift zones or drift caves

So many more to potentially play with.

• Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    Cant think of a name but how about one for finding all the PDA and other collectibles if there are any or they add some.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    "Point of Impact" - Explore the Aurora for the first time

"Stop Killing the Fish" - Fix radiation leak
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    "I Like My Fish Salty" - Cure "X" amount of fish
    "I Love Sushi" - Eat "X" amount of raw fish
    "Ewww Sushi" Cook "X" amount of fish
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    I've got quite a few ideas:

"Smile you son of a" - Kill a Reaper Leviathan [50G]
    "This time it's personal" - Kill 2 Reaper Leviathans [100G]
    "Dead in the water" - Have a Reaper Leviathan destroy your seamoth [10G]
    "Nice try" - Have your Cyclops hit a Reaper Leviathan [15G]
    "Belly of the beast" - Stand inside the mouth of the skeleton in the Lost River [10G]
    "Journey to the centre of Planet 4546B" - Surpass 900m and discover the Inactive Lava zone [20G]
    "Its getting hot in here" - Power your base with a thermal plant [20G]
    "Freeze!" - Freeze a Reaper Leviathan with a fully charged stasis shot [20G]
    "You didn't stand a chance" - Take damage from 5 different creatures in the space of 10 seconds before dying [20G]
    "You REALLY didn't stand a chance" - Take damage from 10 different creatures in the space of 10 seconds before dying [30G]

That's about it :)
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    edited July 2016
    "Like Fish in a Barrel..." - Use the Seamoth electric shock upgrade on a School of Fish.

"Gotta Catch 'em All!" - Have one type of every possible creature in Alien Containment.

"NOW you think with Portals." - Shoot an Acid Mushroom at a predator using the Repulsion Gun.

Let's keep this going! Awesome ideas everyone! :smile:
    "Touching Rock Bottom" - Push a Floating Rock inside a Thermal Vent.

"There and Back Again" - Visit all of the Biomes in less than XX minutes.
    "slimy but satisfying" - consume one of each food fish raw/or/learn all fish recipes in the fabricator

"heeeeere fishy fishy fishy" - Free swim more than the 1-2km away from any base/vehicle (survival guide in the PDA suggests you stay within a certain range of shelter at all times, I forget how far exactly)
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    '' Fireman to resque'' - Escape an attack from a hostile mediocre or big 'fish' with your fire extinguisher while on less then 20% life. !

'' No puppy lover afterall!'' - Bread some fish, then eat them.!

fun topic. lol ' i'll go 'hunt for some more'' just wanted to follow this. :)
    "its full of stars" - first transporter portal experience

"robo turducken" - carry the seaglide onto the seamoth into the cyclops
  • Angelic_RazgrizAngelic_Razgriz USA Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217379Members
    It's not a tiger shark... - collect a Stalker tooth (reference to jaws)

We're gonna need a bigger boat. - encounter the leviathan or emperor in the seamoth (reference to jaws)

Bread crumbs - use the dice reel for 100m

Can I get spinning rims too? - Customize the seamoth or cyclops

Powerloader - fight off any creature with the exosuit (reference to Aliens)
  • gladosleonidgladosleonid Russian federation Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217930Members
    We have 3 achievements in total . Maybe there need to be more of them in future. Here is a list of actions we can get an achievement for :
    "Look under each rock" - Discover all biomes
    "Poster guy" - Place a poster
    "A huge fan" - Find that plush toy from natural selection (I haven't played this game , sorry)
    "Don't blow up again" - Repair aurora
    1) "faster" 2) "safer" 3) (I don't know what to write here) - Build transport : seamoth , cyclop , exosuit
    "I am not the first one" - Find abandon bases(the name is bad , because I think it was known from the begging)
    "Clean source of energy" - Build a nuclear reactor
    " a better life underneath " - Build a base (fallout reference ))
    That is all I can imagine . What do you think about it ?
    "GET OOVEEER HEERRE" - exo suit grapple any large predator and ride for 8 seconds
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    We've gotten to a point where some of these might be done already, but screw it! Imma refresh these ideas if they've already been done :)

"Land Ho!" - Discover either of the two islands in Subnautica.
    "Live Long..." - Die of radiation.
    "And prosper"- Create a radiation suit.
    "We're going to need a bigger boat" - Create a Cyclops.
    "How many leagues under the sea?" - Reach a depth of 2500m
  • Angelic_RazgrizAngelic_Razgriz USA Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217379Members
    Pow! Right in the kisser! - Use the seamoth torpedoes when grabbed by the leviathan.

X marks the spot. - Place your first beacon.

Insert meme here. - Gathere your first piece of salt. (I thought that would be a pretty neat Internet reference)
  • GlemishGlemish Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221085Members
    Skyscraper -- Build a base 10 stories high.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
  • SanguisDiabolusSanguisDiabolus Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220790Members
    There's only 3 achievement on Steam. And one is for reporting a bug through the in-game menu.
    And why would Subnautica have xbox achievements when no other game on the xbox game preview program has them? Achievements won't come until the game is in full-release.
    @SanguisDiabolus Thats the idea. XBone generally offers many achievements per game. These are just ideas for after the 1.0
  • Hornigold_IIHornigold_II Oceania Join Date: 2016-08-12 Member: 221211Members
    "Marine Biologist" - Scan all data entries.

It seems like a worthy achievement of reasonable difficulty.
    " I'll be back " place your first beacon
    " Marking my territory" Place "X" amount of beacons.
    " No sense of direction" Have a ridiculous amount of active beacons.
    There's only 3 achievement on Steam. And one is for reporting a bug through the in-game menu.
    And why would Subnautica have xbox achievements when no other game on the xbox game preview program has them? Achievements won't come until the game is in full-release.

Solus Project also got achievements once it got out of the Preview Program... We're just playing with ideas here :)
  • HidanprimeHidanprime The Moon Join Date: 2016-08-18 Member: 221470Members
    edited August 2016
    (You'll Fear) The Reaper - Encounter the Reaper Leviathan for the first time.
    No chill... - Ram a Reaper Leviathan at full speed in the Cyclops.
    Nerves of Steel - Scan the Reaper Leviathan
    Dedicated Botanist - Scan all different species of flora.
    Determined Biologist - Scan all different species of fauna.
    There's Always a Bigger Fish - Encounter the Sea Emperor or Sea Dragon Leviathan.
    Pls no - Discover the Lost River remains... (I call it the Colossal Leviathan or Lost Leviathan)
    HEY, IT'S SAM!!! - "(Description) I don't know what you are 'cause I'm a whale biologist, dammit!)" - Pick up an Eyeye.
    Jeepers, Creepers - "(Description) Where'd you get those Peepers?" - Feed a Peeper to a Stalker (or fill an aquarium with Peepers)
    What About the Path Less Taken? - Find the Sea Treader's Path
    I Saw This In a Movie! - Use a Fire Extinguisher to propel yourself underwater
    Pro Strats - Plant 4 Lantern fruit trees inside your Cyclops
    Wrong Weapon for the Wrong Situation - Attempt to kill the Cave Crawlers on the Aurora
    Oops - Attempt to use the Propulsion or Repulsion Cannon against a Leviathan.

Achievement Ideas from others that I like:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Reach maximum depth (Mk2)
    Robinson Crusoe - Discovering a specific place (Mk2)
    Das Boot ist Voll - Fully upgrading the Cyclops (Mk2)
    Run Peeper, Run - Catching said fish (Mk2)
    Free Willy - Meeting a rather big and friendly sea creature... (Mk2)
    I Can See My House From Here - Build "X" meters above water (Slackerstu)
    My Wrinkles Have Wrinkles - Stay submerged underwater by any means necessary for 1 solar day (Slackerstu)
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road - Navigate the entire Sea Treader's Path (Slackerstu's daughter)
    Point of Impact - Explore the Aurora for the first time (HeartOfTheKING)
    Smile You Son of a... - Kill a Reaper Leviathan (Jamezorg)
    Dead in the Water - Have a Reaper Leviathan destroy your Seamoth (Jamezorg)
    Journey to the Center of Planet 4546B - Surpass 900m and discover the Inactive Lava zone (Jamezorg)
    It's Getting Hot in Here - Power your base with a thermal plant (Jamezorg)
    Freeze! - Freeze a Reaper Leviathan with a fully charged stasis shot (Jamezorg)
    Like Fish in a Barrel... - Use the Seamoth electric shock upgrade on a School of Fish (Mk2)
    Gotta Catch 'em All! - Have one type of every possible creature in Alien Containment (Mk2)
    There and Back Again - Visit all of the biomes in less than XX minutes (Mk2)
    Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy... - Free swim more than 2km away from any base/vehicle (Stackerstu)
    Bread Crumbs - Use the dive reel for 100m (Angelic_Razgriz)
    Can I Get Spinning Rims, Too? - Customize the Seamoth or Cyclops (Angelic_Razgriz)
    Powerloader - Fight off any creature with the PRAWN suit (Angelic_Razgriz)
    Look Under Each Rock - Discover all biomes (gladosleonid)
    Poster Guy - Place a poster (gladosleonid)
    A Huge Fan - Obtain the plush toy from Natural Selection (gladosleonid)
    Don't Blow Up Again - Repair the Aurora (gladosleonid)
    Faster - Build a Seamoth (gladosleonid)
    Safer - Build a Cyclops (gladosleonid)
    Stronger - Build a PRAWN suit (gladosleonid inspired)
    FIRST! - "(Description) You're never really the first, are you?" - Find an abandoned base (gladosleonid)
    Clean Source of Energy - Build a nuclear reactor (gladosleonid)
    GET OOVEEER HEERRE!! - Exosuit grapple any large predator and ride for 8 seconds (Slackerstu)
    Land Ho! - Discover either of the two islands in Subnautica (Jamezorg)
    I'll Be Back - Place your first beacon (HeartOfTheKING)
    Points of Interest - Place "X" amount of beacons (HeartOfTheKING)
    Marking My Territory/No Sense of Direction - Have a ridiculous amount of active beacons (HeartOfTheKING)

I also like Apostle311's idea of basing some achievement on the PADI Diving certifications
    edited August 2016
    @Hidanprime Thanks for the shoutout. Small correction though. Place "X" amount of beacons was titled " Marking My Territory" ( I got alot of dogs ) I really like yours that's titled "(You'll Fear) The Reaper"
  • HidanprimeHidanprime The Moon Join Date: 2016-08-18 Member: 221470Members
    @HeartOfTheKING No problem! I changed it to an either/or type of name as I think either could work well. I'm also a big fan of (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Öyster Cult. It's a brilliant and classic song.