Pulling back the veil - Natural Selection 2

15678911»

Comments

• TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I didn't know anyone actually used the awkward minimap. I have my C key pressed down so much that it's actually more worn than my W key on my old keyboard.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Therius wrote: »
    I didn't know anyone actually used the awkward minimap. I have my C key pressed down so much that it's actually more worn than my W key on my old keyboard.

I think people have the best of both worlds, if people don't like it, they can turn it off, if they do they can keep it on.

If anything we should be encouraging toggable changes especially of everything that's been happening this year in regards to NS2 changes.

One mans garbage is another man's treasure.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Either make the full map transparent and push the knowledge of it much harder...
    Or.. make the minimap a full scale map (there used to be a mod for this)
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited August 2016
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    The marine's minimap is very powerful imo. Often it allows you to look behind you without turning. It also allows you to scan big, complex rooms very quickly since every enemy in LOS shows up on it. I use it extensively and would not call it useless.

Even enemies not in los will show up on the minimap... It's broken as hell when you sucessfuly sneak past a marine only to have them double back because you pinged on their map..

I've always thought it was the worst most broken unbalanced feature in NS2..

Metroid Prime had a small radar-ish instrument in addition to the minimap that would let you see the position of any enemy in close proximity to you as a dot on the instrument. Was useful when fighting the hive totem, what with all those war wasps circling you, you really needed to know which ones were stopping to attack you.

Anyways, I think skulks in close proximity to a marine should be shown as dots (and I mean pretty close), while the normal viewing-to-dot function should have a more limited cone around where you are aiming.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    coolitic wrote: »
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    The marine's minimap is very powerful imo. Often it allows you to look behind you without turning. It also allows you to scan big, complex rooms very quickly since every enemy in LOS shows up on it. I use it extensively and would not call it useless.

Even enemies not in los will show up on the minimap... It's broken as hell when you sucessfuly sneak past a marine only to have them double back because you pinged on their map..

I've always thought it was the worst most broken unbalanced feature in NS2..

Metroid Prime had a small radar-ish instrument in addition to the minimap that would let you see the position of any enemy in close proximity to you as a dot on the instrument. Was useful when fighting the hive totem, what with all those war wasps circling you, you really needed to know which ones were stopping to attack you.

Anyways, I think skulks in close proximity to a marine should be shown as dots (and I mean pretty close), while the normal viewing-to-dot function should have a more limited cone around where you are aiming.

Honestly it screws me as Gorge more than anything else...

Bottom line is it shouldn't ping you on their map unless you actually showed up on their screen. (direct forward los)