How many people were on the aurora

MouldybaconMouldybacon Northkorea,USA Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220641Members
I'd just like to ask how many people are on the aurora because for such a large ship you'd assume there would be a large crew but assuming the area of were the lifepods were launched is around the area of the map maybe 2 times that you don't seem to find a large amount of lifepods.You may argue that you could fit a large amount of people in one but the thing is you can't you see there is also only one seat per lifepod and anyone not in a seat would surely be killed.So here's the thing this ship is a habitation ship and 20 people aren't going to make the planet habitable so where is the rest of the crew.

(i dont really care that much BTW so don't hate and tell me it's just a game, I just have nothing to do right now)

Comments

• ChrisFoChrisFo Germany/Saxony Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214728Members
    Command Team (23), Engineering Team (85), Support Crew (40), Passengers (9) were on the Aurora. But this is very interesting. Where are the other people? I don't know.
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    Wow... that's a LOT of engineers. Then again, the Aurora wasn't a military ship...
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    The ship seems far too big and far too empty to have so little people on board, and so little debris.

The corridors in the Aurora look like they were made for extremely fat giants, lots of wasted space wherever you look.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    ....for such a large ship you'd assume there would be a large crew...

Not necessarily. You wouldn't really need a lot of people to steer and maintain a ship. Other than for dramatic purposes like in Star Trek or Star Wars.

We're on the verge of driverless cars on our streets. By the time we're zipping around in space I'd expect vessels to be largely automated.
    Lonnehart wrote: »
    Wow... that's a LOT of engineers. Then again, the Aurora wasn't a military ship...

It's purpose has changed over time but the wiki is now saying their primary mission was to build a phasegate so that would explain the large engineering compliment.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    I'd just like to ask how many people are on the aurora because for such a large ship you'd assume there would be a large crew but assuming the area of were the lifepods were launched is around the area of the map maybe 2 times that you don't seem to find a large amount of lifepods.You may argue that you could fit a large amount of people in one but the thing is you can't you see there is also only one seat per lifepod and anyone not in a seat would surely be killed.So here's the thing this ship is a habitation ship and 20 people aren't going to make the planet habitable so where is the rest of the crew.

(i dont really care that much BTW so don't hate and tell me it's just a game, I just have nothing to do right now)
    The playing area is not the limit of crashed lifepods. A lot of people didn't make it, some lifepods were incinerated in the explosion, and others made it beyond our playing field or where ripped apart in the atmosphere. A few probably landed in shallow water and hit so hard they went CRUNCH!!!! But this planet is almost entirely a hydrosphere so if your floats failed you would sink until the water pressure made the pod flatten you.
  • DeadArcher62DeadArcher62 Join Date: 2021-04-03 Member: 268740Members
    ChrisFo wrote: »
    Command Team (23), Engineering Team (85), Support Crew (40), Passengers (9) were on the Aurora. But this is very interesting. Where are the other people? I don't know.

If you play the game, you actually find more wrecks and more safe pods. Some came from the Aurora, but nobody survived the harsh conditions. You even get distress calls, and for some reason, (idk if its actually happening or if its just me) when you get a distress call you can see where they are, afloat, but later on it sinks as time passes, or as you get close (again idk if its just me).
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members

If you play the game, you actually find more wrecks and more safe pods. Some came from the Aurora, but nobody survived the harsh conditions. You even get distress calls, and for some reason, (idk if its actually happening or if its just me) when you get a distress call you can see where they are, afloat, but later on it sinks as time passes, or as you get close (again idk if its just me).

holy necro haha
    srt4q8mp488j.jpg

holy necro haha
    srt4q8mp488j.jpg
    nooononono i dont mean like they come back, i mean they are alive when they send the distress call, but when u get closer it sinks. u might see a pod on the sea, up on top, that might be in the pink mushroom area with the worm snakes.

• komischkomisch Join Date: 2021-05-18 Member: 270276Members
    auch moderne Containerschiffe kommen mit sehr wenig Personal aus, 25 Mann auf 400 Meter langen Schiffen verläuft sich auch ziemlich :D
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited May 2021
    @DeadArcher62 The picture from CaptainFearless was about old posts being dragged up, not the crew/passengers of the Aurora. Most old threads are best left buried, unless you have a new solution to an ongoing issue.

The distress calls seem to be relayed through the aurora, so the signals show up even though the pod is long gone.
    narfblat wrote: »
    @DeadArcher62 The picture from CaptainFearless was about old posts being dragged up, not the crew/passengers of the Aurora. Most old threads are best left buried, unless you have a new solution to an ongoing issue.

The distress calls seem to be relayed through the aurora, so the signals show up even though the pod is long gone.

true true, but i still dont understand how only we survived, like, even on previous expeditions on land that alterra hosted. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... anyone else thinking that something in specific happened that killed them. ik there isnt something but it gives me that vibe