Game doesn't work when changing language.

OmidionOmidion Join Date: 2014-03-06 Member: 194552Members
Hello,

yesterday i went to check a few things ingame, in the tutorial and i just got tons of errors and could only exit but Ctrl+Alt+Del (the language was set to Serbian). Then i tried to spectate a match and it was even more buggy, got some weird cyrillic letters all across the screen and had not HUD also had to kill the game. When i changed to English, everything worked. What gives ?

Comments

• OmidionOmidion Join Date: 2014-03-06 Member: 194552Members
    So...few months have passed and i've checked the tutorial again...still doesn't work, when i hit Esc shit becomes worse and can only exit the game by killing it. Tried switching to russian and i see it works ok, so...what gives ?
    This appears in Normal games and tutorials and after the game crashes or i have to kill it.

yrexao44mxq5.jpg
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Moved into techsupport

Please follow these steps first and attach your tech_support.zip.
    Also i'd like to add that i've asked a friend of mine to try and recreate this.
    1.He switched to serbian language
    2.Went into Marine Tutorial
    3.his PC crashed, he couldn't even alt+f4, got a black screen.

He installed the game last night, never played it before.

Here is my tech_support.zip
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Small update: I finally had time to look into this issue and it turned out the serbian game strings were corrupted in a way that could cause the game to crash. This is fixed for the next update.