Help the devs - Personality type

2»

Comments

• HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    iy3yjcrah51e.png
    Here you go my friend... ^^ it's nice to see that some sane ppl are left : D
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Kasharic wrote: »
    It says I'm the same as kash so it is obviously load of **** ✌✌

You're a misinterpreted bellend... sounds like me tbh...

Now now boys lol

its all friendly banter, don't worry :)
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    Okay, wheres the IQ test?
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2016
    Inteligence is too subjective for a normed (one variable) data output. There are ppl that solve complex equasions but can't hammer a nail in the wall or read the simplest emotions. Others can't orientate for shit but speak 12 languages. It's up to a good team leader to mix together ppl that support eachother efficiently for maximum DPS
  • StardogStardog Join Date: 2004-10-25 Member: 32448Members
    ARCHITECT (INTJ-T). Samantha Power, Christopher Nolan, Colin Powell, Elon Musk.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    What's that test that I think the CIA or some goverment use, you know its like cards which black ink, you supposed to tell them what it looks like i.e a moth, Fallout new vegas had this I think?
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2016
    Zavaro wrote: »
    Inteligence is too subjective for a normed (one variable) data output. There are ppl that solve complex equasions but can't hammer a nail in the wall or read the simplest emotions. Others can't orientate for **** but speak 12 languages. It's up to a good team leader to mix together ppl that support eachother efficiently for maximum DPS

I work in a research lab focusing on projects attempting to more accurately predict and score emotional intelligence. It's hilarious (and sometimes very disheartening) seeing people with above average IQs with terrible emotional intelligence. Especially those with psychiatry doctorates. It's no wonder people in academia treat each other like garbage.

Glad I got loped in with @bonage, though. The man's a saint, or should I say Protagonist.

I believe this to be perfectly true @Zavaro , I work in an environment where I am constantly dealing with very intelligent "academically gifted" people, 1 or 2 with Phd's however their social skills / emotional responses are below average, especially under stress.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited August 2016
    @Yojimbo Rorschach test

But it's more controversial than IQ tests, because it's up to the psychiatrist how (s)he interprets the patient's answers...
    edited August 2016
    @Bicsum LOL have you altered the original flag colours, or is the forum engine actually an oracle and had foreseen this?
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    .trixX. wrote: »
    @Bicsum LOL have you altered the original flag colours, or is the forum engine actually an oracle and had foreseen this?

Nah, I used the color picker and paint bucket ^^.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Bicsum wrote: »
    Still expecting a battle of personalities.

l1rgqqdp65ai.png

As if two IN groups would dislike each other.

Fuck those EFs, though :D
  • blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    INTP-T

INTP PERSONALITY (“THE LOGICIAN”) - Trait "Thinking"

It's nice to see my internet tested personality be grouped with Einstein, Descartes and Pascal but having the same personality unfortunetaly doesn't make me as smart as them. Appreciate the ego boost tho.

The text reads a bit like a horoscope, it's worded so you go through it and think "oh hell yeah that's me". Guess I'd think the same on 10 different text blogs for other results.

Other than that, this is actually an interesting idea. Could have worked if Charlie would have made that with his NS1 gamers before he made NS2 and try to make a game fitting to those. But he's not really a careful planner but more of an emotional type and just wants to realize his version of his dreams ;)

Taking this as note though in case I'd ever sell my business and go into game design. Having 60% of this forum within ~3% of population personalites does certainly affect game design and marketing if you think of how to design a sequel....
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    blind wrote: »
    The text reads a bit like a horoscope, it's worded so you go through it and think "oh hell yeah that's me". Guess I'd think the same on 10 different text blogs for other results.
    What you describe is some times known as barnum statements.
    blind wrote: »
    I didn't even bother to read the descriptions... the test seemed short and adequate, and the methodology itself is considered valid and useful among "scholars" (im not one of them)
    There are tons of info about this on the net if interested, some lighter some more scientific

@SantaClaws true, nice vid :D
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Jung typology, moreso than meyer briggs, helped me understand other people. It also helped me understand my strengths and my weaknesses.

For example, at one point in my life I truly believed that emotions were bad. I believed that logos was in all ways superior to pathos. You can take this as having incredibly low emotional intelligence on my part. Jung typology helped me understand that logos is not necessarily better or worse than pathos, but that it is simply just another way of processing information. That would be the difference between the XXTX and the XXFX types mentioned in this thread. Helping differentiate and understand thinking and feeling was not all jung typology did for me. It helped me understand the differences between being extroverted and introverted. It helped me understand the differences between a sensing person and an intuitive person.

What I am describing is the framework of cognitive functions that jung typology lays out. At least for me, it is useful as a framework of understanding how other people think. This helps me better communicate with people. My own mother and I used to have a problem where we would literally say the same thing in different language and disagree with the other. My mother is a feeling type while I am a thinking type. Understanding cognitive functions allowed me to understand how my mother thought and how we needed to communicate. Knowing this I was able better communicate with my other, resulting in a better relationship.

Saying all this, don't take meyer briggs typology for something that it is not. The type descriptions are pretty much pseudo science even though the military, and other organizations, have studied them for over 60 years. The type descriptions may read like a horoscope, because they are generalizations based on the cognitive functions. Even among a single type, INTP for example, there is massive variations in personality. It may say that Einstein was an INTP. That does not mean you are as smart as he his, but that you perceive information and process information in the same way. If it says you are a "Thinker" or an "Architect" that is really just a fancy marketing word. Remember, people try to make money off of this stuff. If it says you are 83% extraverted, that does not mean you are 17% introverted. It means that you are probably 100% an extrovert, but the test can't really say 100%. If the test says you are 50% introvert, it really means that the test can't really tell one way or the other.

Meyer briggs is a useful tool to help understand the world, but really it is not much more than that. A simple tool.
  • blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    .trixX. wrote: »
    I didn't even bother to read the descriptions... the test seemed short and adequate, and the methodology itself is considered valid and useful among "scholars" (im not one of them)
    There are tons of info about this on the net if interested, some lighter some more scientific
    Well, the test says I'm a "scholar" and I'm ought to criticize. Also that I'm rather debating with myself than with actual conversation partners (which would be you). Doesn't make this a great forum participant out of me? :D

@SantaClaws
    I'm well aware of that without watching. Remember, I'm a smartass personality without social skills ;)
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    The MBTI is a useful tool to understand yourself and others better. It's important to not let it define you.

That said, as an INTJ I have to say that most of the descriptions are so spot on that I don't think that the Barnum Effect is at work here - at least not primarily.
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have another personality test if you guys don't mind. The results can help the devs even more than the Myers-Briggs. Thanks!
    0607875b3a9a4d4dba01cff9f4b35f47?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=36c71acaf28c98dc47bc878bcf3c3339.jpg
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Keats wrote: »
    I have another personality test if you guys don't mind. The results can help the devs even more than the Myers-Briggs. Thanks!
    0607875b3a9a4d4dba01cff9f4b35f47?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=36c71acaf28c98dc47bc878bcf3c3339.jpg

What is this post.