Subnautica list of bugs - Update 1.0 (No longer updating)

13»

Comments

• Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    @FlamingSkulll You have to assign a button to reload in the options. Many people choose X
  • MikeTakerMikeTaker Danmark Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219869Members
    I cant put batteries in the Seaglide, it dont even show a button to put a new one in when its out and i have tried to do it though my invintory but it dont work. Anyone have a idea or having the same thing?

go in the pause menu and configure a button i believe its for "reload" but its in there
  • Luffy490Luffy490 USA Join Date: 2016-06-04 Member: 218088Members
    Been a few days since my last update, and I have nothing new to report

Side note: New deep sea creatures are awesome

• LimbokingLimboking Saturn Join Date: 2016-07-17 Member: 220342Members
    I have a problem with the scanner I have 3/3 for Ex solar panel scanned but its not showing as completed. before the update it worked fine how do I fix it or is this another bug that risen up.
    Limboking wrote: »
    I have a problem with the scanner I have 3/3 for Ex solar panel scanned but its not showing as completed. before the update it worked fine how do I fix it or is this another bug that risen up.

It is one of the persistent bugs that tends to stick around. You can either delete Subnautica for a fresh install (may work), or use console commands.

If reinstalling the game does not work, then try using LB+RB+A to pull up the dev console while playing.

You can use:
    • Blueprint solarpanelblueprint
      or
    • Unlockall

Quick note about Unlockall, it'll give you every single blueprint in the game. It isn't the best command to use if you want your progress to be legit, but it could be useful if you're fed up with the consistent blueprint issue.

• TheAndrewQTheAndrewQ Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220792Members
    Here's a few bugs I've been having with the Xbox One version.

When I start a new game sometimes the textures on my characters hands will flash during the opening cinematic and continues after that. When I enter the water for the first time my character sinks to the bottom right away and can walk around like I was on land. The air bar does not drain and I cannot get back into the life pod. So I have to quit out of the game and start over until I get one where I can actually swim.

Another bug is with the waterproof lockers. I would either deploy them in the water around the escape pot or just drop them inside the escape pod and put stuff in them. I'd go off to do some scavenging and come back and they'd be gone with everything inside them gone too.

Game not saving my custom button set. I would set X for reloading. The next time I load the game reload is blank again so I have to set it to X every time I load the game.

When I built a base and it cleared some land for it I'd come back later and find the land was back and clipping inside my base, sometimes making it impossible to use that base. Couldn't even deconstruct it.

I built a Med Kit fabricator in my base, would only let me put it on one part of one wall. I go out for a while and come back and it was stuck in the floor. Could not use it or deconstruct it. It eventually disapeared altogether.

Fish swimming around inside my base. Sometimes I'd come back and find a peeper or air sack swimming around inside my base like it was full of water. Made it easier to catch them. Still strange none the less.

Plants clipping through the floor. Even if I put down a foundation before building a base on it I still get plants clipping through the floor.

Stacking Foundations. I found it weird that when I built a foundation on top of another one there were no pillars connecting them. The one on the ground had pillars going into the land, but the one on top didn't have any pillars. It just looks like its floating over the one under it. Which makes it look unrealistic.

Invisible barriers. I loaded my game and when I tried to leave my base there was an invisible barrier in my way. Could not get around it. Had to quit the game and reload before it would go away.

The last biggest game breaking problem I've found happened today. I loaded my game and it had lost all my scans and unlocked info. Everything I had built was still there. But when I went into build mode all I had was the default stuff from the beginning of the game. And when I caught a peeper I got the "New Creature Found" message. If I can loose all of this at a moments notice it kind of kills the game for me.

And finally the in game feedback menu. I loaded the feedback menu and the two boxes where half way off the screen on the left and right with a huge gap in the middle. So I could not see all the options. The most I was able to do was put in a message, but I could not tell if the message was sent. And when I tried to write another one it would only let me edit the first message. Needs some fixing. That's why I came here to give feedback instead of in game.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    edited July 2016
    @TheAndrewQ Most, if not all of these, are already listed and the devs are working on them. I see that you just joined, if you go through the various threads you'll find work arounds for some of the bugs you listed. Check @Luffy490 and @Wish_4_Wishes comments, they cover most of it. Happy Diving
    TheAndrewQ wrote: »
    When I enter the water for the first time my character sinks to the bottom right away and can walk around like I was on land. The air bar does not drain and I cannot get back into the life pod. So I have to quit out of the game and start over until I get one where I can actually swim.

A reinstall of the game fixed that issue permanently for me. It may work on your end
    TheAndrewQ wrote: »
    Game not saving my custom button set. I would set X for reloading. The next time I load the game reload is blank again so I have to set it to X every time I load the game.

Try setting that in-game, then save and go to the main menu to redo it there. I was able to prevent the game from forgetting my Reload input that way

As far as the rest of your post, I've added the ones that aren't reported yet

edited July 2016
    @Luffy490 @TheAndrewQ

Quiting the game through the pause menu will cause the game to forget your controller bindings. Using the dashboard quit technique will prevent it as well as the blueprint bug.
  • JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    edited August 2016
    Here is my list of bugs, I'll bold the ones that I don't think I see in the main post.
    • Silver, Copper, and Gold ores do not appear after breaking any type of stone. Titanium does appear.
    • It is very difficult to see anything above water. There seems to be a physical limit to the water at a point lower than the actual top of the water. The only time you can see anything above water is when the water slightly lowers because of a wave. Very disorienting and a headache.
    • The falling to the bottom of the water glitch has happened a few times for me in every game mode. If I quit the game through dashboard and reopen then my save is fine again.
    • I cannot turn off internal lighting in the Cyclops
    • Sometimes I cannot see out of the Cyclops window when driven since it has a reflection texture on it, the lights don't seem to do anything outside the Cyclops either
    • Reloading the game causes the landscape to refill and clip your base. Have to use "dig" debug command every time I load in to access my base
    • There is no default button input for reloading an electronic device with a battery
    • The spider crab things at the Aurora and the Aurora itself cause the game to run at 2 FPS, making it impossible to fight the crabs
    • Many audio issues which devs have acknowledged
    • Predators are extremely aggressive
    • The battery life on the Seaglide and other electronic devices drains incredibly fast. I'm having to carry 5 batteries just to get from my life pod to my base that isn't too far away. Seems that something as small as pushing forward for 2 seconds drains 3% of battery.
    edited August 2016
    I got some more details on the sound bug i encountered a while ago.

Its caused by the Scanner Room, and once built i loose a wide array of sounds suchs as the base hum, gasopod's pods, stalker attacking and other ambient noises. This is NOT the brain coral sound bug and has only occured while i had a Scanner Room built. Demolishing the Scanner Room immediatly (spell check) returned my missing sounds. My best guess that the Scanner Room covers up these sounds once built even when out of ear shot.

Also stalkers will steal your camera drones. Like they will take it out of its little port in the scanner room, and swim away with it.
  • AgentMaryland93AgentMaryland93 Pittston, Pa Join Date: 2016-05-03 Member: 216323Members
    "- Colonies of fish that do not seem to be there: The ghost colonies of fish ignore the stasis rifle, and I'm still not sure if these will ever be farmable (New)"

It's the same on PC, I don't think they were meant to be farmed so much as they were meant to add 'life'. Basically, they're most likely meant to be scenery, not sustenance. But I could be wrong and it might eventually become an ability.
  • JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    edited August 2016
    Just remembered a few more bugs that I have noticed the past couple days that I haven't seen get pointed out too much:
    • Predators like Sandsharks, Bonesharks, Stalkers, and even passive creatures like the Gasopod have all been attacking me like their life depended on it. I'm talking a swarm of 7 Sandsharks all swimming rigorously at me in one area.
    • Gasopod's gas clips into the lifepod or into your base.
    • The medkit fabricator in the lifepod disappeared and is see through in the wall now.
    • The Reaper Leviathan has yet to appear in my game despite me going into territories where they should be spawning. This has been a benefit for me, but kinda disappointing at the same time.
    • Sometimes fragments don't disappear after being scanned, and seem to either be repeatedly able to be scanned or cannot be scanned at all. I had this bug with the Terraformer fragments.
    • I cannot hit any fish with my knife to save my life, literally
    • Any area with the crabs will send the game into 2 frames per second, I thought this was just an issue on the Aurora but it was a massive issue on one of the islands as well.
    It is very difficult to see anything above water. There seems to be a physical limit to the water at a point lower than the actual top of the water. The only time you can see anything above water is when the water slightly lowers because of a wave. Very disorienting and a headache.

That sounds odd. I've never experienced that. Any chance you can record a clip of that? Might help the developers
    The battery life on the Seaglide and other electronic devices drains incredibly fast. I'm having to carry 5 batteries just to get from my life pod to my base that isn't too far away. Seems that something as small as pushing forward for 2 seconds drains 3% of battery.

...I thought it was just me. I wasn't sure if the electronic equipment was eating up battery life faster than normal. I didn't see any mention of the increase of battery consumption in the patch notes. It certainly puts more importance towards the battery charger.

Also stalkers will steal your camera drones. Like they will take it out of its little port in the scanner room, and swim away with it.

I think thats intended behavior, even the community Subnautica wiki page states that. Those stalkers are annoying scavengers...

edited August 2016
    Just a quick note of what I'll do after the new patch:

This thread won't be updated when the new patch is live (whenever that is), but I'll add a link to this one for future reference

Instead, the next thread will be titled Update 1.1 for a fresh list of issues

Also, the title on the current thread is now Update 1.0 to avoid any mix-ups

EDIT: Swim safe out there B)
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    can someone tell me if the MEGA bug fix just came out what the DEVS was talking about few days ago its on twitter also and that was 3 days ago one of the DEVS said its already in CERT waiting .
    can someone tell me if the MEGA bug fix just came out what the DEVS was talking about few days ago its on twitter also and that was 3 days ago one of the DEVS said its already in CERT waiting .

No one really knows when it'll be live. Who knows how long microsoft will release the patch, all we can do is wait and see
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    The patch initially failed cert, that's why its taking a few extra days. Sounds like the 2nd effort is underway now at microsoft side and we can hope for a quick deployment.