Highlight the importance of map usage

BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
edited July 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hi,

in order to encourage more usage of the map, I think it could be a good idea to show the (c)map usage time of a player as a stat on the score board.

It doesn't have to be the ingame one. The ns2+ player stats summary at the end of the game might suffice.

A new player would notice, that those who are good at killing are also those with a high (c)map uptime. New players would realize the importance of the (c)map faster, if it is a player stat that is as important as kills/deaths/assists/accuracy.

Like so:
412r7ch1fvjo.png

Comments

• RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    Change vanilla map behavior to toggle instead of hold
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Change vanilla map behavior to toggle instead of hold

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo xD
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    @RevanCorana isn't that a ns2+ option? Tbh I think we need an ingame tutorial on ns2+^^
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mephilles wrote: »
    @RevanCorana isn't that a ns2+ option? Tbh I think we need an ingame tutorial on ns2+^^

Best we gon git.

• RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    @Mephilles It is
    Yojimbo wrote: »

Best we gon git.

Yea the devs could link this video from the ns2+ options like "ns2+ guide" button or smth
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Map is too strong, make it so the map is a physical tablet and the marine has to put his gun away to use it. :tongue:
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    like a road map made out of paper? where the marine needs 1 minute to unfold it and 10 minutes to fold it again? :P
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Guys! I'm super cereal right now! Map usage is a major issue for new players.

It needs to be valued very important, so that new players realize its importance faster and get better faster.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    It also needs to be not valued too highly.
    I'm addicted to my map, i have it out all the time.
    Even when i die.

(in-fact, it's usually the cause of me dying D:)
    edited July 2016
    how much can you customise how your map looks like? (in an easy way)
    If people see things on the map that they like, they might look atit more often
    meme_mr__bean_png_by_mfsyrcm-d58vvez.png
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited July 2016
    Do you mean like a pin up calendar next to the (c)map?
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    how much can you customise how your map looks like? (in an easy way)
    If people see things on the map that they like, they might look atit more often
    meme_mr__bean_png_by_mfsyrcm-d58vvez.png

Well I mean, an option to easily customize your map (like colors, symbols and so on) would be really nice.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    I would be really curious to see these stats. Definitely a good idea to add this metric to any stat system we build in the future.