Building into Walls...

KaysifKaysif Bristol Join Date: 2016-07-17 Member: 220366Members
Currently if you build a base piece it will clear away anything around it so it fits. Which is nice.

BUT!!!! If you leave the area and come back or exit and come back or do anything that would cause they area to load. Then everything that was removed will return. And now I have whole multipurpose rooms I can't access due to rock walls in my new base.

Comments

• NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    Heh, yeah have had the same problem. Can make removing that rock/dirt/ground invaded room impossible, especially if the rock have covered some object placed inside the room. Like a chair inside in a corner in a multi-purpose room. Trying to deconstruct the room will tell you to remove attatched objects etc first. Which you cant due to the hungry rock invasion.
    Also when I've tried to place the scanner room in logical places. At the end of corridors, on plates etc It refuses. BUT, when I hover the placement over seabed, rock walls it switch to green. And yeah, returning later and the scanner room is full of rock. The scanner room HATES logic.
  • KaysifKaysif Bristol Join Date: 2016-07-17 Member: 220366Members
    Norulv wrote: »
    The scanner room HATES logic.
    So does the Moon Pool. Actually the Moon Pool hates me. It will connect to anything at any angle as long as it's not the angle I want. Like if I want to to attach longways it will only attach on the gate side. If I rearrange everything so I need it to connect on the fat end it will only connect on Longways.
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    Hmm. Have had a similar experience, but my moonpool seemed to be wonky in getting it placed on the metal plate (you know those that need 4 x titanium). Seems it needed what you described and also be somehow connected to ground, just not constructed metal foundation as far as I can remember. At least its easier to place than the scanner room.