Easy fix for fragment glitch

2»

Comments

• taffman66taffman66 uk Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217766Members
    oelikoelie wrote: »
    bioreactor2/2 but cant build it. mobile vehicle bay 3/3 but cant build it. is this bugged?

The mobile vehicle bay is a bug, that's definite. As for the bioreactor, I don't think that's a bug because the machinery update (which has the bioreactor) isn't released on xbox yet. I may be wrong.

there is a bio reactor, you build it outside, it is different to the PC or post update reactor. as that one is a reactor you build inside and you can decompose more than just creepervines+fungus.

it was awkward to build though as you build it on the sea floor not on a foundation.

They do snap to a foundation eventually, well, mine did.
  • RavenLCRavenLC Mexico Join Date: 2016-07-02 Member: 219464Members
    xspel wrote: »

BLUEPRINT seamothblueprint

thats the way
  • namedbobthebobnamedbobthebob Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220105Members
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    edited July 2016
    No longer works

That is because a bug removes most if not all acquired blueprints from saves upon restarting SN. If you try to cheat them back the game seems to think that you already have them. The only temporary fix seems to be reinstalling SN or starting a new game, but the bug reappears on any save, so don't bother. This is a gamebreaking bug and should be addressed with the buggy research and scan in the first place...

There seem to be huge issues with any kind of persistance in saves or sometimes even during the game itself. Quite literally nothing works reliably or as intended and already functional on the PC... It is telling when a workaround for a 2 months old bug stopped working because of a freshly introduced one.

Sorry for the uncalled rant, I just get the feeling that the Xbox One version has some deeply ingrained flaws. It almost feels like a completely different game than the PC version, like huge parts have been slashed away to fit it on console, and now it has literally half the functionality and double the bugs...
  • eprom101eprom101 Vegas Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220211Members
    killenjoke wrote: »
    lol, only 3 buttons? here I am smashing 8. lol. the only reason I did that was because I found it out by accident after trying like a mad person to fix the mobile vehicle bay.

I'm honestly trying to avoid commands if I can help it. it just sort of ruins the RP element. it really breaks the fourth wall for me. but I've just gotten hit with the fragment bug and I had to spawn a seamoth in because by MVB just wouldn't work.

Don't feel bad the only way I knew how to do it was to spam the crap out of the controller. Haha
  • MiniGodAvengerMiniGodAvenger Canada Join Date: 2016-07-22 Member: 220568Members
    I type:
    BLUEPRINT mobilevehiclebayblueprint
    /BLUEPRINT mobilevehiclebayblueprint
    And nothing happen..
    Need help I have 3/3 mobile vehicle bay fragments but I can't build it
  • RonsloRonslo Ireland Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217036Members
    I type:
    And nothing happen..

I originally posted this when the game launched on Xbox and it seems that the new patch has somewhat broke this command but typing UNLOCKALL, no space's, all caps will unlock all blueprints. This is the only way iv found to get around the glitch.
  • DemonHunter654DemonHunter654 East Greenwich Join Date: 2016-02-15 Member: 213053Members
    Ronslo wrote: »
    Press LB+RB+A to open up the command console and type

BLUEPRINT name of item and then blueprint

Example: BLUEPRINT cyclopsblueprint

This will only give u the blueprint so u will have to gather the materials to build whatever it is but I hope this helps anyone who doesn't wanna restart or cheat.

Didn't even work I tried three timed
    edited July 2016
    DemonHunter654
    The post right above yours will explain how to fix it
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    @DemonHunter654 For now I'd just skip the blueprint and type "sub cyclops". This command will simply build one right before your eyes. ( you will want to aim for deeper water when you do this, be a pain to scrape it off a reef for first use)
  • DemonHunter654DemonHunter654 East Greenwich Join Date: 2016-02-15 Member: 213053Members
    I type:
    And nothing happen..

I originally posted this when the game launched on Xbox and it seems that the new patch has somewhat broke this command but typing UNLOCKALL, no space's, all caps will unlock all blueprints. This is the only way iv found to get around the glitch.

It froze my game
    edited July 2016

I type:
    And nothing happen..

It froze my game

It doesn't freeze mine, try it again.
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    I type:
    And nothing happen..

It froze my game

If it freezes again like you can't move but can still here music playing and stuff like that then wait a little and try to open the dev console command box and that should do it cause it worked for me when i got frozen like that you just need to wait for a little bit. hope this helps man :smile:
    edited July 2016
    and to avoid losing a certain blueprint/fragment make sure you save at some point before you scanned it so if the scanner glitches out then you could go back and try again till it works or till you get tired of trying
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    I know I'm a little late, and that this might not work, but I played a new game in freedom mode, but I ONLY scanned fragments. No fish, no plants, no chairs or beds, nothing but the fragment boxes. I also made sure when I scanned the boxes I had some space in my inventory. It worked on ALL of them this time around, this was before today's new patch.

I'm not sure if it was a fluke or not, but it worked for me without any issues. If someone tests it out let us know (all my save files are too far for me to erase to test).

This is in regard to fragments not completing (being stuck at 3/3...) if they disappear entirely on you save and exit via the dashboard not the quit menu in game as mentioned earlier!

Hope this helps
    Does anyone know if the ALLBLUEPRINTS code works now or if the bleprints code works now
    dexter397 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the ALLBLUEPRINTS code works now or if the bleprints code works now

I think UNLOCKALL works
  • GomikiddoGomikiddo Utah Join Date: 2020-02-08 Member: 257693Members
    Press LB+RB+A to open up the command console and type

BLUEPRINT name of item and then blueprint

Example: BLUEPRINT cyclopsblueprint

This will only give u the blueprint so u will have to gather the materials to build whatever it is but I hope this helps anyone who doesn't wanna restart or cheat.

Thanks! That's helpful!
  • bassamboibassamboi Join Date: 2020-02-19 Member: 258069Members
    It seems I have the same glitch on the PS4 but I cant bring up the cheat thingy
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @bassamboi does the method linked in my signature work?
  • bassamboibassamboi Join Date: 2020-02-19 Member: 258069Members
    @narfblat how do I see your signature
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff