So, I found this at 1450 meters under the sea...

DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
Scared the crap out of me to begin with. Thought it was Herobrine. As it happens, I think I found an easter egg.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=722811077

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=722811090

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=722811114

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=722811099

This was in Survival, by the way. Driving the Cyclops down there was a massive pain in the ass.

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Ya, that's been posted before. I thought about going to look for it, but haven't taken the time yet.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    Any player can spawn that. Its called SizeRef. The devs use it to scale game elements based off this model of the player. Not an easter egg at all. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    Okay... except I didn't spawn that. I found it in the lava zone.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited July 2016
    I'd consider it an Easter Egg. It's an unusual find, well done for finding it Dactylos. Don't let any spoil sports "burst your bubble".
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    yeah, its odd. While playing in experimental i found the emperor prison than out of no where a sizeref model came swimming towards me. What makes this even creepier is that you can only spawn it in on the ground and this one was actually swimming (no animation though, just moving around in mid air).
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    I'd consider it an Easter Egg. It's an unusual find, well done for finding it Dactylos. Don't let any spoil sports "burst your bubble".

Well it's an in-development area so I'd assume it's temporary and will be removed when they start working on it. The Holy Diver transmission is definitely an easter egg, this however I think it's just there to help measure things for fleshing out the level. You'll be down there in an Exosuit which is just slightly larger than your diver character, and that's what the Wasabi figure is for.

It is cool to see it there though, indeed. Spooky having it just pop there in the inky darkness!
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Any player can spawn that. Its called SizeRef. The devs use it to scale game elements based off this model of the player. Not an easter egg at all. Sorry to burst your bubble.

He didn't spawn that though - it's actually down there. Been found before by multiple other people.

http://imgur.com/a/SM2YO
  • IntrepidHIntrepidH Florida Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209838Members
    Lmao Nice! i heard the devs put a few down there (to run into one is like a needle in a haystack tho) I found one when i coincidentally looked up after diving as far down as I could and saw one hovering straight in the air (players can only spawn upon terrain) it about FLIPPED OUT for a second as i realized what i waslookin at :smiley:
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    I expect it's just something that the devs use for size reference as it is in an in-development biome. It'll probably get removed once the biome's finished.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Its there to make @WasabiOne feel special (he needs constant hugs)
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Foxy wrote: »
    Its there to make @WasabiOne feel special (he needs constant hugs)
    What he said.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    no, some didnt realize I was the first diver in the game :)
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    no, some didnt realize I was the first diver in the game :)

Shh, they weren't supposed to know you actually exist. You're meant to be a myth.

I can't believe I have to use this thing now.
    aff16rnu2xr4.gif
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited July 2016
    It would be awesome if there was an easter egg like this in the Game:

... so you're diving down in the depths, near the Aurora, and something 'triggers'; a fragment of an old song starts playing on your suit's internal radio.

"... Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
    nor do the wind, the sun, and the rain;
    We can be like they are, come on baby,
    Don't fear the reaper..."
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    Coranth wrote: »

... so you're diving down in the depths, near the Aurora, and something 'triggers'; a fragment of an old song starts playing on your suit's internal radio.

Love that song. Would be a nice little easter egg. But it surely should not be triggered often. It would get old quickly if it were played at the sight of each Reaper. :wink:
  • Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    Coranth wrote: »

Or keep the easter egg the devs had with the radio about the Dio song Holy Diver.