Some new problems with the new update after hot fix (Devs please read)

13»

Comments

• Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    You will prolly have to uninstall and reinstall Subnautica and delete the save and reserved data for it. You can do this by pressing start on Subnautica from the dashboard and selecting "Manage Game" And for right now, never play creative. I wouldnt even play freedom just because i know survival works. Everyone ive seen posting about the walking under water bug seemed to been playing or had played on creative. i never had the walking under water bug and i only play survival.

If you cant seem to figure out how to delete your save data for Subnautica from the dashboard then try searching for "how to delete save games on xbox1" on youtube. I dont know for sure if its still this way but before the patch starting a new game without deleting your save data had some negative effects.
  • inuyasha6969inuyasha6969 xboxone Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220073Members
    yes same here with the update love it but so many things breaking in my world even started a new world when i got the update i now have the moonpool, and the scanner room but nothing in the scanner room really works but the cam's do work in it but you can not select any thing to search for it like on pc can and at times i go to use some machines i get the debug stuff or is it a console command thing popping up and i can not do anything at all so i have to quite the game all together and that is hurting this game for me cause i lose a lot of work when this happens
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    The rendering of the terrain is worse than before. It takes ages for mushroom biomes to render in and that realy makes it not fun to play. For me the new updates doesn't do the job of wanting to dive into the game again.

I love the game but as long as the terrain renders like this i put it on hold for now. Sorry devs.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    edited July 2016
    muteone wrote: »
    Yeah a couple times it happened when I started a new game and once during a game, a helmet visor appears to slide down over face (does not change hud or vision) and I can not swim only walk on sea floor, when I look down at my chest it would appear the exosuit is being worn and not a wet suit, but it does not show in any of the inventory slots at all. Ive only been able to fix it by exit game and/or restarting xbox. I can only assume it's the exosuit.....
    Right, that sounds like you have the falling to the sea floor bug, and it's showing the radiation suit, which is white and has a screen on the chest and a collar around the neck area for the helmet to attach to.
  • Paterson07Paterson07 Scotland Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219974Members
    edited July 2016
    I'm gettin stuck on vehicle bay, i climb on and hit the button, no options appear and i can't back out. I have to spam buttons til the dev command box appears (i thought that was lb/rb/a but not on mine), then it backs out and i can move again.

Anyone else had that? Dunno if i wanna save n load to try again or if i'll save the bug lol

*oh snap, seamoth blueprint aint standard is it? lol, maybe if i had that maybe it'd help *facepalm*, still wouldnt expect it to stick me to the bay and not let me back out still though
    Haha yeah dont get on the MVB without any blueprints for the seamoth or cyclops. The game cant figure out what you intended to do up there without any blueprints. Happened to a few people
  • Paterson07Paterson07 Scotland Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219974Members
    Yeah got on once i got the blueprint n its all good :)
  • SgtsturkSgtsturk canada Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219878Members
    Flayra wrote: »
    Thanks for all the feedback @xXxFRoDOxXxSwAGGiNs. We'll take a look at those now.

Hey @Stormfang - I think maybe game preview isn't for you. The entire concept of game preview is that a) you get the game early and b) we build/fix/add to the game along at the same time. This process is made very clear, we give you a one hour demo and Microsoft allows refunds.

So while we certainly don't like bugs either (trust me, no one dislikes bugs more than us), this is just all part of the process. I think maybe you should ask for a refund or if you want to support us and you believe in the game, just wait a little while before playing again if you're frustrated.

Hey dude first off that other guy is a twat lol any who one of the bugs that's a wee bit strange is on creative I reloaded my save and 90% of the stuff on the habitat builder was gone . It's almost like the save function is simply saving the game world state not player progress I'm not a programmer but hey its somewhere to look. 99 bugs in the code on the wall 99 codes in the bug you take one down pass it around 127 bugs in the code lol
  • SmarterThanAllSmarterThanAll Holland Michigan Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219021Members
    From what ive read in the forums so far it seems like creative mode is bugged. Kinda funny to me because i only play survival. Even though i know creative mode really helps for testing i still cant help having this small feeling of "thats what happens when you play the easy way."

Sorry

Hahaha honestly I think every mode is bugged right now but that's cool.
  • JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    edited July 2016
    Here are the issues I faced after spending enough time in the game to fix the Aurora:

- Silver, Copper, and Gold ores do not appear after breaking any type of stone. Titanium does appear.
    - It is very difficult to see anything above water. There seems to be a physical limit to the water at a point lower than the actual top of the water. The only time you can see anything above water is when the water slightly lowers because of a wave. Very disorienting and a headache.
    - The falling to the bottom of the water glitch has happened a few times for me in every game mode. If I quit the game through dashboard and reopen then my save is fine again.
    - I cannot turn off internal lighting in the Cyclops
    - I cannot see out of the Cyclops window when driven
    - Reloading the game causes the landscape to refill and clip your base. Have to use "dig" debug command every time I load in to access my base
    - There is no default button input for reloading an electronic device with a battery
    - The spider crab things at the Aurora and the Aurora itself cause the game to run at 2 FPS, making it impossible to fight the crabs
    - Many audio issues which devs have acknowledged
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    Yes creative mode has visual problems from the start. My wetsuit textures get all wonky. I wasn't going to play due to the many bugs still in the new update. But today i thought, lets start a creative file. mmm say t again, love the game devs, but things got worse since the update.
  • qpearl35qpearl35 us Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219911Members
    Slackerstu wrote: »
    mechtrix11 wrote: »
    Anyone seeing the reaper?

The feeling right now is none of the biggies can't spawn in their natural environments yet by themselves but you can now spawn them in if you like with the dev controls.

I saw one before I downloaded the hotfix I was going down the side of the aurora and it was below me but I only saw one and that was it, now I do t see any issues hear them though.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    edited July 2016
    @Flayra @Obraxis and @Squeal_Like_A_Pig I wanted to say your game is awesome and the update looks amazing so far (6 hrs into survival since starting over with update). Minus a few bugs (which have been listed and I can work around) everythings great. I'd also like to say I'm very impressed with how you handle the rude and agressive commenters i.e. Flayra w/ Stormfang, you tell it like it is while maintaining great integrity. Thank you for being not just good game developers but great hosts too. :)
    P.S. I'm not sure how the scanner room should work but I don't think it's working fully. There's a joystick in front of the center console which I can't use, should I be able to, not sure. Plus it doesn't show locations of sandstone, limestone or anything. Hadn't seen this listed yet so thought you might like to know.
  • bigbear2bigbear2 england Join Date: 2016-06-26 Member: 219140Members
    edited July 2016
    @Flayra @Obraxis and @Squeal_Like_A_Pig I wanted to say your game is awesome and the update looks amazing so far (6 hrs into survival since starting over with update). Minus a few bugs (which have been listed and I can work around) everythings great. I'd also like to say I'm very impressed with how you handle the rude and agressive commenters i.e. Flayra w/ Stormfang, you tell it like it is while maintaining great integrity. Thank you for being not just good game developers but great hosts too. :)
    P.S. I'm not sure how the scanner room should work but I don't think it's working fully. There's a joystick in front of the center console which I can't use, should I be able to, not sure. Plus it doesn't show locations of sandstone, limestone or anything. Hadn't seen this listed yet so thought you might like to know.

I was wondering that myself as I can't use it as well nor can I sellect down the types of ores to find tried the Hud chip and upgrades with it nothing works only the ball camera screen
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    Turns out you can use the seamoth modifcation terminal in the moonpool to edit your seamoth if you look at it a certain way (this post is for those that have trouble using it) because i looked around the terminal in different ways and the prompt to use it was there just can't use it like before is all
    @dexer397 Thanks so much for that information. You are a good preview player.
    edited July 2016
    @dexer397 Thanks so much for that information. You are a good preview player.

does that mean it helped you and thanks
    It helped. Without knowing this i might not have even build a modification terminal.
    well i am glad to know that i helped someone
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Quick question, it may be the sound glitch issue, but at some points I am hearing what I can only describe as scary sounds. They are not coming from the music, but I don't know what else makes them. So does the Reaper make weird sounds (not it's roar) when it's somewhere around?
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    I spawned the exo suit and turns out the seamoth upgrades work for the exo but not the cyclopse upgrades are compatible to the exo
  • oasismarkoasismark Sheffield Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217093Members
    The mobile vehicle unit does not work for me, i can create it, deploy it but when i go to use it, it wont let me, and i cant get awy from it, only way to get off, is to go to the dev input and it releases me. I will post a video asap

Dont get on it without seamoth or cyclops blueprints. Why do people keep doing this? If you get on it without the blueprints you really confuse the game. The game wants to know what you planned on doing when you got up there without any of the blueprints. So it holds you there while you think about what you just did
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Dont get on it without seamoth or cyclops blueprints. Why do people keep doing this? If you get on it without the blueprints you really confuse the game. The game wants to know what you planned on doing when you got up there without any of the blueprints. So it holds you there while you think about what you just did

Lol timeout while you think about your behavior. Funny but accurate.
  • eprom101eprom101 Vegas Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220211Members
    Everyone is just post random bugs on this thread. The original post was about toggling the Cyclops lights. Why don't you guys post on the issues about the original question? I can't even find an answer with all this random posting bug garble. Where are the forum administrators???
  • eprom101eprom101 Vegas Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220211Members
    Paterson07 wrote: »
    I've eventually came across a little issue preventing me from equipping a new o2 tank. Made a totally new high cap tank and cannot equip it at all, press equip and it just stays in inventory. I tried to unequip old tank but im unable to even highlight the tank slot, the highlight select just moves from signal slot to inventory and suit slot but refuses to highlight tank.

I am and always have been loving the game but being forced keep a bog standard tank in that slot has stopped me in my tracks. My characters o2 total does increase but i would rather be able to replace basic tank and use a high cap one in its place simply for space/efficiency and was able to do so before update and hotfix. Anyone else having similar issue?

*Feedback tool not letting me do anything other than enter text either so cannot use that to report issue

**Issue solved, have to actually remove any equipped suit before you can select/replace tank, pretty sure that didnt occur prior to update though

I took all of the power cells out of the Cyclops and the internal light still did not go out. The external lights did go out. I can't see out of the glass for the reflection.