More problems added with the "hot fix"

Infinityx1Infinityx1 Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219968Members
First I will start off thanking the Devs for this (what could be AMAZING) game and to say I look forward to what is coming. That said, lets get to my bug list that I have to discuss and see if anyone else is having these problems.

General Gameplay:

- Graphics seem to have taken a noticeable cut back, mainly in the edge details in all things.
- Bumpers move the PDA tabs in reverse direction than the button press.
- PDA view is more ofthen than not, "shaky" and somewhat out of focus.
- Load in is incredibly slow and I find myself waiting for my environment to load in while the game suffers bad lag. Was not remotely this bad in pre-update/hotfix, game was surprisingly smooth before.
- Rays of sunlight are visible while swimming through completely covered caves and there is random "flashes of light" while in caves as well.
- Missing items in the habitat builder. Before the "hot fix" i had access to all craftable items in creative, now I only have 3 rows on the first tab, nothing at all on the 2nd tab, 1 row and 1 item on 3rd tab and nothing on 4th tab.
- Hearing sounds of the ocean that seem "out of place" for where I am.
- Load/Save function seemed to have been fixed until now. Im literally playing as I am writing this. I exited the pod and fell straight to the ocean floor(shallows of course) and was walking around and able to jump as if I was on dry land. Exited, load game, got a big red warning saying " Save data loading failed' Try again?, and now it will not load a game, just repeats the warning over and over. UPDATE: Exit game and restart, saved games are now gone, AGAIN!
- Feedback function does not work.

Cyclops Issues:

-Cyclops is basically unusable as while piloting the sub there is extreme lag and extremely bad load in makes for a terrible experience.
-View while piloting the Cyclops is ridiculous. Its 85% looking at the "stearing wheel". It blocks out almost everything you would want to see.
-Visible "clarity" is almost non existent as the glass now has what I can best describe as a "haze" making it close to impossible to see anything at all that is not stearing wheel.
-Lights are only accessible through the console and not as a button on the controller. Not a bug but wanted to put that out there.

There is probably more but I cant access or get to more to check it out at this time. Now lets add in some good.

Noticed additions:

-Substantial amoun of craftable items were added, just not sure where they went or why I cannot access them anymore.
-Cyclops depth was adjusted. I hope modifications and such as well as again am currently unable to find out myself.
-One of the islands was added for sure as i found it by accident, I dont know about the second one.

Thats all I can think of right now or have come across during the update process recently and I will update should I encounter any other bugs during my travels, should the game allow anyway.

I also would like to say Im not trying to "hate" on the game in any way, I am absolutely impressed the game is as good as its turning out because i mean, a diving game? Theres no way it would be interestingi what i though when I came across it originally and now Im having withdrawals not being able to play, especially knowing theres new features, animals, buildings and places to explore! I hope the Devs have luck going forward in the patching and rolling out new content for both platforms. Please guys get the console version running correctly so we can get back to playing and thanks for the hard work you all have done this far!!!

NEW BUG: As im writing again, im standing in the pod and heard repeating bubble noises, confused I payed attention to the game and now its a constant "bubble popping" noise over and over and over in 3s followed up by what i would describe as the "rebreather purge noise" then the noises cycle and repeat over and over!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• ohleprechaunohleprechaun usa Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219995Members
    edited July 2016
    I am having a lot of the same problems.

and the NEW BUG: with bubble noises.

also i can not report bugs on the console since i can only select the text box and the troubleshoot help button.
  • JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    edited July 2016
    Infinityx1 wrote: »
    - Graphics seem to have taken a noticeable cut back, mainly in the edge details in all things.

Most likely a tradeoff for performance, which is much more important.
    - Load in is incredibly slow and I find myself waiting for my environment to load in while the game suffers bad lag. Was not remotely this bad in pre-update/hotfix, game was surprisingly smooth before.

There is a lot more content and locations that were added to the game so the load time is a given. The game has played a lot smoother after the update, as before it would drop to pretty much 10 FPS after five minutes of gameplay.
    -Substantial amoun of craftable items were added, just not sure where they went or why I cannot access them anymore.

Most likely they are blueprints that you have to collect now. Unless you find there are no blueprints for them on the wiki, then it is a bug.
    NEW BUG: As im writing again, im standing in the pod and heard repeating bubble noises, confused I payed attention to the game and now its a constant "bubble popping" noise over and over and over in 3s followed up by what i would describe as the "rebreather purge noise" then the noises cycle and repeat over and over!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are aware of the audio bugs now and a lot of the bugs you listed. The update was to get a lot of the content to us that we have been missing out on, and the game obviously will need a lot more tuning. Best bet is to test out a lot of the new content and a new fix will eventually be out to smooth out the kinks. It's definitely good to list out the bugs though, so they know what needs to be worked on! I've had similar issues as you, but we'll need to have a lot of patience because the Xbox is pretty difficult to optimize a game on.
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members

also i can not report bugs on the console since i can only select the text box and the troubleshoot help button.

that's what he means by the feedback option doesn't work. Ive seen ALL of these bugs in game including the bubble noises

• Infinityx1Infinityx1 Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219968Members
    Most likely a tradeoff for performance, which is much more important.

I can understand that, I just dont see how such a big quality reduction was necessary.
    There is a lot more content and locations that were added to the game so the load time is a given. The game has played a lot smoother after the update, as before it would drop to pretty much 10 FPS after five minutes of gameplay.

Again I agree with you on the content added, however Im not talking a 10 fps drop, Im having complete stop of game functionality with no visible rendering or load in at all. Distance can vary sometimes is constantly my immediate surroundings and sometimes the distant features.
    Most likely they are blueprints that you have to collect now. Unless you find there are no blueprints for them on the wiki, then it is a bug.

Problem was seen in a creative world, first after the initial "update" and then after the hot fix. before the hot fix applied all items were available to me on all tabs as they should be, playing after the fix is when i had most of the items in game non existent in my PDA or habitat builder.

As far as the audio problems I realized its the sound of the purple brain coral and its just extremely annoying mostly. However the "sounds of the abyss" as i call it are more terrifying than anything.

UPDATE:

I have seen suggestions by someone who seems to possibly be a Unknown Worlds employee of some sort???? suggest a reinstall (i definitely recommend a reinstall it helps!) I uninstalled the game noticing file size was around 6.4GB, reinstalled the game, noticed new size was 8.2GB i believe. Ran game and it played so much smoother however the graphics detail seems to have gotten worse again, with most textures being "jagged" or "rough" this applies to almost everything from the border of the goggles to text being "out of focus". Load in was drastically improved and flowed very well for the short time i looked around. Even lag like when trying to catch a fish seemed all but gone! was going to spawn in a Cyclops to investigate further then the brain coral sound attacked........and won, this time it wasnt just the sound of 3 bubbles and the "o2" sound it was a combination of at least 3 or 4 of the full loops, it was a constant barrage of bubble noises!!!! THEN the "abyss" noise started with more "depth?" than before. After a short time of the combined noises i could no longer hold my sanity and had to dashboard. Will hopefully look into the cyclops shortly.

Thank you guys for following my thread and please continue to contribute to it should you have any other stuff to share or of course to follow up with anything from others so the Devs know first hand whats happening and they can help!!

• HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    @Infinityx1 The sound byte issue can be resolved by saving and reloading. Backing out to dashboard and restarting the game seems to help more. Hope this helps
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members

I got exactly the same problem.
  • phughett213phughett213 Ralegh, NC Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219882Members
    Is anyone else having trouble with minerls, copper is invisible for me and super hard to find, cant find any silver, did mineral locations change/ not respawn?
  • Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    Silver can be commonly found in the kelp forest biome near the ground and also in some caves in the safe shallows. Silver comes from sandstone, remember that. Also silver and copper are invisible (but can still be picked up by spamming the button or just searching for it) at first but if you swim away (not that far maybe 50ft sorry for not using metric) and come back you should be able to find the silver or copper that was invisible. It will either look like its supposed to or will be a completely black rock. Last thing is that ALOT of nodes (limestone, sandstone, ex) are invisible now too. Found out when the game told me to break limestone that was invisible but i was still able to break it and claim the lead it held inside. This is most likely due to graphical changes to make the game run smoother. It would prolly run even better if the nodes were completely removed rather than just making them invisible.
  • Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    Will there be another patch before the update to fix the big issues?
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    I hope they do, some make the game rather unplayable or even impossible to progress.
  • taffman66taffman66 uk Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217766Members
    edited July 2016
    Mk2 wrote: »
    I hope they do, some make the game rather unplayable or even impossible to progress.

Agreed, and surely a hot fix that repairs the feedback widget is a must, well, it is for me, especially if we are to take this paying to test a (admittedly bloody brilliant) game seriously, and I do (take it seriously). so much potential in this game, feel privileged in a way to help shape it even tho I've paid for it.
  • nettonetto canada Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217126Members
    Tried the update was hoping to say good things but i will wait i just can't accept to play and have to reload my game every 5 mins to fix the glitches / bugs , fish , salt breakable rocks just disappearing , bubble sound that drives you nuts , and the frame rate is not great either again , having your frame skip that bad when you are right about to grab the end of a small fish tail is not cool and makes me miss the catch , now i don't even want to try out in a sub i can just imagine the frame freezes , will wait till next update again, i'm sad and you guys should update your own feed on Xbox Game Hub keep us inform there not one mention about the last update found out on the forums.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    netto wrote: »
    Tried the update was hoping to say good things but i will wait i just can't accept to play and have to reload my game every 5 mins to fix the glitches / bugs , fish , salt breakable rocks just disappearing , bubble sound that drives you nuts , and the frame rate is not great either again , having your frame skip that bad when you are right about to grab the end of a small fish tail is not cool and makes me miss the catch , now i don't even want to try out in a sub i can just imagine the frame freezes , will wait till next update again, i'm sad and you guys should update your own feed on Xbox Game Hub keep us inform there not one mention about the last update found out on the forums.

Did you uninstall and reinstall Subnautica? It helps alot.