Graphics and performance post patch

ThePineappleManThePineappleMan UK Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217593Members
After update 1 it looks like the graphics are a lot worse (especially the GUI) and the performance somehow seems worse for me as well. The graphics are so bad it makes me not want to play the game which is pretty depressing same as though I waited so long for the update. Both of these problems could be fixed I think by adding an option where you can change the graphics so that you can trade off better graphics for a worse frame rate and vice versa.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    What exactly do you mean by "graphics are bad". Are you seeing dotted artifacts or are the textures smooth (cellshaded look), the second one is a loading issue most likely
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    edited July 2016
    The only thing I have noticed are less anti aliasing. You know, AA makes edges around things get straightened and smoothed out. But with little to no AA, edges (like around your characters hands and the PDA screens) seems more jagged. The graphics themself seems unchanged, still the same low and high res textures as before. It sure have helped the framerate more though, as it runs much more precise and smooth now. Still room for improvement though.
    I would rather have "less" graphics and AA and have a much smoother gameplay than vice versa. Why M$ choose AMD for the XB1 instead of Intel is beyond me *sigh*

Also some odd missing textures in a spot in the safe shallows , like a hole in the terrain in which you could pass through and look up into remote terrain. But thats another graphical issue.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    edited July 2016
    How is the rendering after the updates? Did it improve with the framerate? I didn't had the time for my Xbox one last week so i haven't played yet. But i was wondering though. Especialy in the mushroom biome it was pretty bad.
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    Well.. driving around everywhere at max speed in a Seamoth does bring some heavy slowdown of the framerate, due to the game deperately trying to render everything you drive through. But jut swimming around with your fins or even the seaglide, the rendering is not too bad. A bit better after the update for sure.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    edited July 2016
    Norulv wrote: »
    Well.. driving around everywhere at max speed in a Seamoth does bring some heavy slowdown of the framerate, due to the game deperately trying to render everything you drive through. But jut swimming around with your fins or even the seaglide, the rendering is not too bad. A bit better after the update for sure.

I have the oposite. Framerate is a bit better but the rendering, oh my God.. As soon as i go to the mushroom biome(s) th rendering of the terrain is awefull. It;s a real gamebreaker for me at the moment. It takes ages for all to render and that takes away most of the immersive feeling the game wants you to give.

Sorry devs, but you realy need to work some more on this. It's tearscreening bad.