Some new problems with the new update after hot fix (Devs please read)

xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members
edited July 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
Ok, so im loving the new update, and after the hotfix i was so glad i was able to save/load, but i hope i do not sound mean, i just want to address some issues that i am finding after the hot fix.

1. It seems like scanning fragments is almost impossible, there are many times where my scanner glitches on the screen and it glitches the scan, making it unable to make any progress scanning items. and the blueprint glitch is still the same making it impossible to get any blueprints.

2. At certain times (and i mean its kinda uncommon but happened to me twice in the last hour) my screen HUD would just freeze up making me unaware of what depth or my air is, and it also would make the pause menu invisible, my PDA would also be a blank screen.

3. I know this glitch was a thing in the new update but i feel like im scraping the bottom of the barrel here but there is the bubble sounds of when you gain air from bubbles, and also with it seems to have increased the creepy ocean sounds. (im not too sure where the sound comes from)

Now Im still playing the game on Xbox as of me typing this, but i haven't encountered anything else happening, i just keep having to restart my game or console because of these glitches. If anyone else is having bug issues, just put it down in the comments. Im sure Devs will get these patched, and thank you guys for trying your best with these updates, its awesome. :)

Comments

• Pirate_finPirate_fin Finland Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217797Members
    Played 2 hours after hotfix was released and only bug i had was air bubble sound. Saving and loading fixes it temporarily, but it comes back at some point.
  • Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    Solar pannel blueprint glitched for me too. Still early so i will see if a new game has the same results. also noticed the increased/loud creepy noises occur when the bubble bug is triggered. can now confirm that the player and fish hitting the bubbles do not trigger the bug but a save and reload will temp fix it. noticed bubbbles comming from the ground too in a border between safe shallows and a creep vine biome. also have had the freezing hud bug and invisible pause menu, was able to navigate by memory (1 down to save, 5 down A button then 1 right to quit) to save and reload and it fixed it. the game doesnt save my button mapping either but saves that i play inverted and my sensitivity. Overall its a good update, nothing keeping me from playing and enjoying the game besides the blueprint bug if it persists.
  • dinocroc34dinocroc34 nova scotia canada Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218436Members
    i to have encountered the blueprint bug on solar panels, mobile vehicle bay and bioreacter. but i have also encountered invisible resources from the lime and sandstone crops which im still able to grab them if i do it right when the outcrop breaks but not after that as they turn invisible. all in all excellent update and awesome patch. and hope these get patched fast.
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members
    @dinocroc34 Oh yeah i forgot to mention that, thanks.
  • obiwang1975obiwang1975 england Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219921Members
    I have also had the bubble/creepy atmospherics also on cracking open stones that contain ore (copper + silver) the ore is invisible, I can still collect it, though it is a case of searching around until the icon appears to collect it. ive encountered the blank PDA too on one occasion and am unable to replace the battery in my seaglide even though I have a battery ready to use. I love this game and hope these issues can be fixed in good time
    edited July 2016
    not sure if it was like this before but none of the blueprints i completed have shown up. ive colleced titanium from solar panel and bio reactor fragments but noticed they did not appear in the blueprint section for the pda and did not appear anywhere on any tab for the habitat builder. this happened along side of not being able to complete the mvb blueprint, last game it was the solar panel but i never noticed if completed blueprints showed up or not in that game. main thing is i cant build stuff i should be able to. the blueprints were completed, i was getting titanium from extra fragments but they did not appear in pda or habitat builder. going to start new game to see if its persistant.

Update: Deleted profile data and reserved data in manage game screen and started new game. so far my blueprints work and it remembered my button mapping after doing a save and a full restart (for fps) to fix the sound bug.
  • dinocroc34dinocroc34 nova scotia canada Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218436Members
    just had a really weird glitch twice where nothing spawns in, ex no fish, no resources, no fragments,just the biome plants
  • MayaMidnightMayaMidnight NC Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217074Members
    Is anyone having Reaper's not spawn naturally anymore? I can spawn them but I haven't seen one since the hotfix, that's the only way I see them anymore and they also don't make their signature roaring noise.
  • seapixie1seapixie1 Boise, ID USA Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219958Members
    I just got home, went to log into Sub, got the 'update' thing.. thought cool, and it is NOT. Very bummed right now that I can't do a thing with the game. On original game saves or on new game tries. I love the game, completely awesome and not being able to save, or to move as I was is just discouraging. I'm hoping dev's are on fixing the update that apparently has broken the game on Xbox. : ( Not cool.
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    @Wish_4_Wishes
    seapixie1 wrote: »
    I just got home, went to log into Sub, got the 'update' thing.. thought cool, and it is NOT. Very bummed right now that I can't do a thing with the game. On original game saves or on new game tries. I love the game, completely awesome and not being able to save, or to move as I was is just discouraging. I'm hoping dev's are on fixing the update that apparently has broken the game on Xbox. : ( Not cool.

@seapixie1 there was a patch and also a hotfix. you only got 1 and need to hard reset your xbox by holding the power button on the front until it turns off. When you start the game should be prompted for another small patch.
  • StormfangStormfang Modesto CA Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217056Members
    ok what the fuck every fucking moment i bought this game im starting to regret it from day 1 it was broken and only got worse 1. glitch where i axcess the invintory on my pod and it clitches out my screne, 2. a glitch mostly when startign sometimes where when i get in the water i dont swim. 3. a glitch where hud and what not dont show. like pressing start and its invisible. 4.destroying rocks for recorces but the items seem to obsorb into the ground or coral or just disipear, 4 repairing pod and it unrepairs it self as well as the radio inside it disipearing, i dont even know if the scaning problem is fixed as there far more bugs now that makes it even more broken to play to even try the glitch was when you scan things sometimes when you max it out it would say 100% but you didnt receave it seresly fix your fucking game i get it this game is in its early release but so have others many many other games hell 7 days to die is in earlky release sure the grap[phics suck at the moment and the menu is too pc orented for a consle vershin but at least it isent buggy as hell and its playable even ark is playable and we got that early for the love of god fix your game test out the patch first next time to ensure it works to be generaly playable
  • MrClean83MrClean83 United States Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219894Members
    Cyclopes has no horn or lights, makes hard to drive in the dark. Especially with the glare on the inside of the bubble, which was a little inconvinate with working lights. Anntena and top of hatch of seamoth stick through floor of cyclops. Although the proximity sensor display is nice. It would be awesome if you could get the lights and sensors to both work. Other than that have not played much since the update. But hope it goes better than some of the horror stories I've read. I thank you for your hard work, and future hard work to make this awesome game.
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    Stormfang wrote: »
    ok what the **** every **** moment i bought this game im starting to regret it from day 1 it was broken and only got worse 1. glitch where i axcess the invintory on my pod and it clitches out my screne, 2. a glitch mostly when startign sometimes where when i get in the water i dont swim. 3. a glitch where hud and what not dont show. like pressing start and its invisible. 4.destroying rocks for recorces but the items seem to obsorb into the ground or coral or just disipear, 4 repairing pod and it unrepairs it self as well as the radio inside it disipearing, i dont even know if the scaning problem is fixed as there far more bugs now that makes it even more broken to play to even try the glitch was when you scan things sometimes when you max it out it would say 100% but you didnt receave it seresly fix your **** game i get it this game is in its early release but so have others many many other games hell 7 days to die is in earlky release sure the grap[phics suck at the moment and the menu is too pc orented for a consle vershin but at least it isent buggy as hell and its playable even ark is playable and we got that early for the love of god fix your game test out the patch first next time to ensure it works to be generaly playable

for one kid if your gonna cuss like a little girl go play with lego like really man if you had it with sub say something nice your ungrateful kid and second its a BIG ASS GAME things GLICH OUT BIT WOOP fight it and support the DEVS you was warned about getting sub at the state it was at grow up and stop swareing on this site
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    Is anyone having Reaper's not spawn naturally anymore? I can spawn them but I haven't seen one since the hotfix, that's the only way I see them anymore and they also don't make their signature roaring noise.

same here i even went to the blood Kelp and no crab squids to and there my fav to
  • JuanCarlosJoseJuanCarlosJose England Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219912Members
    Slackerstu wrote: »
    @Wish_4_Wishes
    seapixie1 wrote: »

@seapixie1 there was a patch and also a hotfix. you only got 1 and need to hard reset your xbox by holding the power button on the front until it turns off. When you start the game should be prompted for another small patch.

Just finished reinstalling game and that appears to have sorted the save/load issues and if you listen.....no bubbles. Hot diggerdy dog, good work guys.

• Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    The bubbles are very sneaky... I don't think that issue has been patched yet.
  • Paterson07Paterson07 Scotland Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219974Members
    Hey guys, had an issue which has sorted itself but thought id mention it just in case. Tried to start new survivor mode and every time i went into the ocean, my character was still behaving as if on land. Could only jump and oxygen was not decreasing. It was not the case on freedom mode so may have been something to do with existing save file in survival. I simply deleted my save game data and the water/character mechanics are working fine again. Only just restarted so not encountered anything else yet.

Loving the update and appreciate the work you are doing to constantly fix and add to the game.

I thought i would share this just in case anyone had same issue.
  • seapixie1seapixie1 Boise, ID USA Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219958Members
    @ Slackerstu
    Folowed your advice, and once in, did not get a second update thing, and now it won't let me pass 'load game'. : (
    edited July 2016
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling. also delete all data associated with Subnautica (profile data and reserved space), you will have to start a new game and save to see the load button at main menu again.
  • RADARBrianRADARBrian Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219943Members
    Yeah, the bubbles sounds reappear after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay. Reloading fixes it but it comes back quickly. If not for that I would say it's a good update. I just can't deal with the sound so I don't have very long play sessions. I may start playing it muted.
  • qpearl35qpearl35 us Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219911Members
    Anyone having issues with the scanner room not being operable? Can't seem to be able to select anything to look for
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    MrClean83 wrote: »
    Cyclopes has no horn or lights, makes hard to drive in the dark. Especially with the glare on the inside of the bubble, which was a little inconvinate with working lights.
    The Cyclops definitely has lights, both exterior and interior. Have you tried using the little panel near one of the computer terminals in the control room that has 2 light icons on it? By clicking on those you can turn the exterior lights off and on, as well as the interior lights.

• NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    Also, devs look out for graphical holes (no textures at all) in the terrain, at least in the safe shallows. Frustrates me that I dont have a picture of it.
    You can see straight through, up into terrain above you and so on. Also you can pass through the opening and swim straight up, above to the "whole" textures/ terrain. You wont see the opening if you try to look down at where it should be though.
    Seems the game couldnt render the textures in certain spots for some reason.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Cyclopes has no horn or lights, makes hard to drive in the dark. Especially with the glare on the inside of the bubble, which was a little inconvinate with working lights.
    The Cyclops definitely has lights, both exterior and interior. Have you tried using the little panel near one of the computer terminals in the control room that has 2 light icons on it? By clicking on those you can turn the exterior lights off and on, as well as the interior lights.

Yeah no. I tried, but nothing happens. Same thing for the seamoth upgrade console and for the panel inside the scanner room which you use to look for materials. It didn't let me click anything no matter what I pressed.
  • CloudRipperCloudRipper Hanford, CA Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219887Members
    Ive run into a bug with mine. I started up a new creative game and went to jump into the water, and the game is treating it like there is no water for me to jump into. I just walk around but when I jump a good distance down, the character gets in the swim pose til I get to the next amount of land.
  • taffman66taffman66 uk Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217766Members

Bugged out for me, interior only dims textures on items I've crafted,ie, fabricator and storage
  • GaudierNine78GaudierNine78 Canada, BC Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219996Members
    I've experienced most of these bugs, in addition I've had all my blueprints wiped from my PDA
  • Pirate_finPirate_fin Finland Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217797Members
    I hate cheating in games, but i found all 5/5 Seamoth fragments and it didn't unlock, so i had to use dev console to spawn it :(

Everything else has been unlocking just fine :)
  • MayaMidnightMayaMidnight NC Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217074Members

same here i even went to the blood Kelp and no crab squids to and there my fav to

Yeah, none of the new creatures that were added that could spawn in their respective biome before the hotfix spawn anymore unfortunately unless spawned with dev commands.