Update for Xbox one on 07/08/16 problems

skidrow74skidrow74 United States Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219874Members
Subnsautica had an update on my Xbox one today and after the update. My save would not work and all my hard work was gone.
Tried to make a new game and the it did the same thing. You can play the game but it will not save and the bug report will not work either. Anyone Else having the same problems

Comments

• skidrow74skidrow74 United States Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219874Members
    I was hearing the same sounds didn't know what it was. But glad to hear that they got a fix for it. Just wish they would have checked it out more Before They released the update and I lost my save game. I had a lot of work in it. Not happy
  • infected_wasp7infected_wasp7 USA Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219877Members
    I can toggle the cyclops exterior lights, but not the interior ones. For some reason I could not use the in game feedback properly (could not select anything but the text box and troubleshoot box). Anyone else having these problems?
  • capm28capm28 NY Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219876Members
    glad to hear im not the only one having this issue, you guys having random crashing issues too? mostly when building or deep diving?
  • destinykiddestinykid UK Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217875Members
    Is It just me or does the Reaper not make any sounds
  • SgtsturkSgtsturk canada Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219878Members
    As soon as I go to load my game I can't do anything I can't even back out of the load menu
  • SgtsturkSgtsturk canada Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219878Members
    Also the interiors of the structures are so dark now ????
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    I deleted the game and installed it right after and got the update. Before that I "hard" reset my XB1 by using the power button on it.
    Got the odd blooping, bubbling sound combined with some "tzz" sounds aswell. Started around/ inside the lifepod. After maybe 5min gameplay. Also I was confused that the analog sticks didnt work on the menus, you have to use the directional buttons.
    Though I have noticed an improved framerate, at the cost of some anti-aliasing. A little rough on the edges, but that not a problem at all. It still looks beautiful.
    Can properly catch fish now!!
    Ill try to reload the save and see if the stalking sound loops still are there..
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    skidrow74 wrote: »
    I was hearing the same sounds didn't know what it was. But glad to hear that they got a fix for it. Just wish they would have checked it out more Before They released the update and I lost my save game. I had a lot of work in it. Not happy
    1. You didn't lose your save game. There is just an issue with loading them right now, as soon as the hot fix goes out you should be able to play from your saved game.

2. There was a lot of testing, and the build went through the certification process at Microsoft...the sole purpose of which is to test for and find the very obvious issues like games not save/loading, which is on the cert testing checklist. And even as of today Microsoft was still telling us that they are able to save / load fine.

I uninstall the game and reinstall it. But my game save was gone. So ill just have to start all over. sad face lol :s
    Good to know.

Still..How odd that MS have no problem. Hope they are telling the truth.

Also. You guys are doing a great job, totally understandable that you have some truggles, especially since its your first console release.
    Dont give up, keep going strong!
  • eddiecccceddiecccc Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217733Members
    I Still can't get the update how are some of you playing it?
  • Colalord86Colalord86 Canada Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219884Members
    I'm having an issue with the game not saving or allowing me to load anything.. also, I noticed when I was playing for an hour or 2 all the fish disappeared and stopped spawning :( ... really fun game tho, just purchased today and don't regret my purchase!
  • lilbansheelilbanshee Oregon Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219886Members
    Why take out the LB action button? It was way more convenient than hitting A.
  • CloudRipperCloudRipper Hanford, CA Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219887Members
    I played this some on the PC and moved to Xbox cause my laptop was lagging too much. I'm loving the game and looking forward to when the updates are fixed enough to play more. Including running into a reaper with my cyclops just to see what happens with it
  • eddiecccceddiecccc Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217733Members
    how are you guys playing the update?
  • W3L5H_R4R3_81TW3L5H_R4R3_81T uk Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218136Members
    sounds fishy 2me lol . . . once in load section (B) to bckout doesnt work, so need to exit game and restart.... when playing i noticed the (fast) inventory menu when swimming looks abit fuzzy/blurry round the edges, also underwater ambience sound is to loud n' ecco'y... esp when walking through yer base, lastly... light still glitches/flashes when underwater.... in my opinion.... the patch has made the game worse... god knows how it passed cert :( but apart from that, i love this game and can appreciate it all takes time to iron the bugs out :):):)
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    skidrow74 wrote: »
    I uninstall the game and reinstall it. But my game save was gone. So ill just have to start all over. sad face lol :s
    If you are not seeing saved games, it is just the game not displaying them, not them being deleted.
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members
    @Squeal_Like_A_Pig So should we be expecting the hot fix tommorow? Will it fix the save/load glitch?
    edited July 2016
    Microsoft told us they "maybe" would get the release out end of the business day today, but doesn't seem like they did. So, my best guess is that it will probably go out Monday, as I doubt they put out patches on the weekend. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

And it "should" fix the save / load glitch. There are 2 problems that we found and were able to fix, but there may be additional issues since we didn't have a lot to time to pull together a hot fix in order to get it over to Microsoft for release (coding is complicated -- why I'm an artist, not a programmer :) )
    edited July 2016
    lilbanshee wrote: »
    Why take out the LB action button? It was way more convenient than hitting A.

Its just changed. You can change it in the options menu under controller.

Im sure you know, but Im listing the layout below anyway, just in case :smile:

The default is set to -> Arrows points to what I changed it to (which isnt much) for my preference for now.:

Jump - Y ->
    PDA - Back ->
    Deconstruct - B ->
    Use - A ->
    Left hand - A -> Left Trigger
    Right hand - RightTrigger ->
    Next item - DPadRight ->
    Previous item - DPadLeft ->
    Slot 1
    Slot 2
    Slot 3
    Slot 4
    Slot 5
    Holster - DPadUp ->
    Rotate item left - DPadLeft ->
    Rotate item right - DPadRight ->
    Take picture - ButtonRightStick ->
    Reload -> DPad Down
    Move up - LeftBumper ->
    Move down - RightBumper ->

Even though the use button is A, alot of interactivity is with the Left hand and when moving stuff from container to inventory and the other way around you use the right hand, while using the left to eat with.

Slot 1-5 arent in use, since you can use left and right d pad buttons to select previous and next. But nice to have the option anyway.
  • phughett213phughett213 Ralegh, NC Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219882Members
    Definately hope to see a hot fix soon. Had great progress and bases and would like to continue. However we have to be understanding as previewers and send helpful feedback. Ireally love the game, its fun and interesting even with bugs and crashes. Hope devs keep working hard towards finished product.

P.S. Hope the eventually patched update fixed the blueprint glitch, i worked hard to get all 9 cyclops parts but it wouldnt recognize hull fragment completion even though progress bar is at 100%.
  • MayaMidnightMayaMidnight NC Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217074Members
    edited July 2016
    I'm not sure if anyone else has had this happen but I experienced a literal game breaking glitch. I tried to spawn the Entity Gallery and it shot me through the floor of the game world, after that any new game I would try to start would immediately throw me through the ocean floor once I exited the lifepod. I'm reinstalling the game but I'm skeptical about spawning the gallery again.

The JellyShroom biome also has no JellyShroom's unfortunately and the Sea Dragons texture is blurred with no detail what so ever, I also can not use the Cyclops lighting control's as someone previously stated.

( Update ) - Tried to spawn to the Entity Gallery again and it wouldn't spawn so I decided to start a new creative game and now my game is broken again with me falling through the ocean floor. I would not recommend trying to spawn the gallery because now I have to delete/reinstall the game again.
  • smoofsmoof Scotland Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219931Members
    I had an issue where I couldn't send in feedback :D i would fill in the form then wouldnt give me the option to send it! Also the issue of not being able to load my saves but that's already been addressed :)
    Microsoft need to get it fixed. I love playing the game. But I didn't pay for the game so I can't play it. And dose and one know if you pay for the Xbox Version. Dose that include the pc version?
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members
    @skidrow74 Thats why there is a trial for every preview game, so dont complain on what you bought if you could have tried it free first.
  • DementedWreckerDementedWrecker Uk Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219938Members
    I can't even load the game whatsoever now tried uninstalling/reinstalling and it tells me the item appears to be corrupt, hope the hot fix sorts this out.
  • MrClean83MrClean83 United States Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219894Members
    Yes, I am having the same problem. The game says it is the preview when it has been paid for, and can't exit load screen. It's like a partial freeze. Got ahold of Xbox and did all the troble shooting (including deleting and reinstalling game) and nothing worked. The only thing they offfered was a refund.
    I hope what I have heard is right and they are going to fix the problem and get it out of preview mode. I love the game and have lots of progress. I want to play more, but if they don't have it fixed in a week or so I'm going to have to get the refund. I'm not paying for a game that don't work.
  • MrClean83MrClean83 United States Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219894Members
    I don't think buying the Xbox version gets you the PC version. It's just logical.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Valve and Microsoft don't share a bankaccount sooooo...