First Subnautica XB1 patch in testing

Comments

• Rustled_JimmyRustled_Jimmy USA Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216920Members
    omg the kids in here lol

Sad thing is the dutch one is like 40 years old

na think you should go back to school and talk sence then sit there typeing away and giving hate lol only kid i see here is you tbh

Um, going to venture a guess that English isn't your first language?
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Guessing that is a timeframe of a week, more or less? We shall see...
    Hmm, hopefully not that long. We were hoping it would be going out today, but so far no sign of it. An interesting thing about the xbox is that the patch has a mandatory install date (which is midnight Sunday), where players have to install the patch after that date to continue playing. So we are assuming it will be coming out in the next few days, though when it comes to Microsoft, we can't assume anything.
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Guessing that is a timeframe of a week, more or less? We shall see...
    Hmm, hopefully not that long. We were hoping it would be going out today, but so far no sign of it. An interesting thing about the xbox is that the patch has a mandatory install date (which is midnight Sunday), where players have to install the patch after that date to continue playing. So we are assuming it will be coming out in the next few days, though when it comes to Microsoft, we can't assume anything.

In all seriousness, why the sudden change in timeframe? This thread went from "its coming soon", to "we don't know when", to "tomorrow".

Was the issue an easier fix than previously thought?
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    I've just been prompted to download a 5GB update. Has my console glitched due to a preview program bug?

Or is this the update we've been waiting for?
    Just finished downloading.. The title screen is a bit different so looks like the update is live.
  • InfliktedInflikted United States Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219844Members
    Malacath wrote: »
    I've just been prompted to download a 5GB update. Has my console glitched due to a preview program bug?

Or is this the update we've been waiting for?

Not sure. I'm in the preview program too. I have also been asked to download a 5GB update. Maybe it's actually rolling out.
    it may be bugged. The update is not letting me load my save. Once in the load menu I cannot select a save nor can I back out of the load menu.
    it may be bugged. The update is not letting me load my save. Once in the load menu I cannot select a save nor can I back out of the load menu.

Maybe we can't use the old save. Mine froze too. It let me start a new game though

Might not work with old save, try and start new game in a different mode?
    Yeah I was thinking that. Was going to start a new game anyway. Haven't played for weeks while waiting for this update. As long as I can load the new save I will be happy
    Problem, started a new game and saved it. But now I'm back on the main menu only my old save is showing in the load menu and I still can't select it.
    After exiting to dashboard and booting game again my entire. save file disappeared and load menu was gone. I hope this is just a glitch due to having incompatible saves
    Problem, started a new game and saved it. But now I'm back on the main menu only my old save is showing in the load menu and I still can't select it.

Going to game management on the xbox and delete save file completely should fix. If you won't miss it. Though you could disconnect web, delete from xbox, and if it changes nothing reconnect and load from cloud
    Game is now totally broken. It wont save. Even after manually saving the game the load menu is permanently gone from the title screen and I can't load a save. Incan only start a new game.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    In all seriousness, why the sudden change in timeframe? This thread went from "its coming soon", to "we don't know when", to "tomorrow".

Was the issue an easier fix than previously thought?
    It is a little tricky to explain, and I also don't know all the details, but I'll do my best.

Basically, we sent off a build to Microsoft a few weeks ago, as you all know, and it went through the certification process and passed. Then one of our guys with a dev kit played what seemed to be the build and there were some major performance problems in comparison to the already released build. We looked into the issue and it turns out that a lot of the quality settings were accidentally cranked up, resulting in worse performance, but we thought that may have happened after the build was sent off for cert. The problem is, when the build is sent off it gets automatically encrypted, and becomes very difficult to actually re test the same build to verify (this is the part where a programmer could explain the whole setup much better then I can).

So, we had a build on our hands that had already passed cert, that might not have the newly introduced (and already quickly fixed) major performance issues, and therefore could be released right away. But we first needed to go through the process of verifying that it was indeed good to go, which was more difficult then it should have been due to the encryption situation.

We were able to verify the build that already passed cert was ok, but if it had turned out to have the performance issues, it would have needed to go through the whole certification process all over again, so it was hard to nail down a release timeframe for the update.

@Squeal_Like_A_Pig Fair enough. Glad it worked out in your favor. I'll happily give it a workout later today.
    Game is now totally broken. It wont save. Even after manually saving the game the load menu is permanently gone from the title screen and I can't load a save. Incan only start a new game.

Same for me. Doesn't seem to want to save even after deleting save files or even load anything. Something is definitely wrong somewhere. Maybe this update was the one that wasn't suppose to be released due to the performance issues.
    Inflikted wrote: »

Same for me. Doesn't seem to want to save even after deleting save files or even load anything. Something is definitely wrong somewhere. Maybe this update was the one that wasn't suppose to be released due to the performance issues.

Man, I'd love to say Microsoft wouldn't make that mistake, but...
    Last thing i can really suggest from here would be to reinstall.

Yep. How on earth did this update pass certification?

Game wont save at all. Have just deleted save file from box Xbox and cloud and restarted the console in the hope it starts workinf
    Is there a version/build number anywhere in the menus? If so where is it. That would probably be the most helpful in figuring out if it's the wrong update or not
    edited July 2016
    Talk about the game being broken. Even the feedback menu in the game options doesn't work.

I will have to try deleting the game and reinstalling
    Guess I will completely remove the game since it was only patched. Maybe something went went wrong with the patching process.
  • MuhdogMuhdog Brazil Join Date: 2016-06-27 Member: 219181Members
    so the update got out?
    edited July 2016
    Muhdog wrote: »
    so the update got out?

Possibly. I was prompted to download it but it breaks the game. Wouldn't advise downloading it if you are planning on playing it until it's fixed

Then again it could be a Xbox Preview Program problem for all I know.
    Guess I will completely remove the game since it was only patched. Maybe something went went wrong with the patching process.
    Currently downloading the game again.

Hoping it works after but i'm not too hopeful considering you have the same problem as me. I did send feedback using the Xbox feedback app reporting the problem to Microsoft. This patch should be removed from the servers before it does more damage to other peoples games.

• MuhdogMuhdog Brazil Join Date: 2016-06-27 Member: 219181Members
    interesting i live in brazil and the update isn't out yet
    interesting i live in brazil and the update isn't out yet
    You're lucky then.

• SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Yes the game update is released. Seems the save/load function is completely broken. I am trying to reinstall now to see any help. Lost my pretty base in doing so but that is no big issue, it was just to learn a bit anyway.
    so the update got out?

Possibly. I was prompted to download it but it breaks the game. Wouldn't advise downloading it if you are planning on playing it until it's fixed

Then again it could be a Xbox Preview Program problem for all I know.
    You're in the Xbox preview program too?

Has any non preview members downloading the patch and not had their game broken?

This discussion has been closed.