[Deployable] Oxygen Station

FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
Using the oxygen generating capability of a Brain Coral, the Oxygen Station produces oxygen over time and can store a certain amount to quickly fill up your reserves. Most useful in deeper cave systems to extend your reach when a Seamoth cannot be easily parked. Balance would need to consider the maximum amount of oxygen that can be stored, how quickly it generates and whether or not it needs batteries to function.

Currently this effect can be emulated with an Outdoor Growbed on which a Brain Coral is planted, but why not something more sophisticated, exchanging materials and inventory space for convenience and efficiency.

Comments

• dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    I like the idea, but we do have pipes for cave exploration, and they do have an unlimited range.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    I like the idea, but we do have pipes for cave exploration, and they do have an unlimited range.
    Pipes work if you're a dozen or so meters below. Try laying pipes from the surface to a hundred meters deep and both time and resource requirements stop being balanced with the convenience it may create. That's when you'd use Growbed and Brain Coral, but I already addressed that,
    Fathom wrote: »
    Pipes work if you're a dozen or so meters below. Try laying pipes from the surface to a hundred meters deep and both time and resource requirements stop being balanced with the convenience it may create. That's when you'd use Growbed and Brain Coral, but I already addressed that,

Well, I guess that's your opinion, but I see it as worth it, so I once spent an hour making a pipe network to the bottom of the underwater islands. What we really need is for them to be able to start from bases.
  • ChudovishChudovish Ru Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219418Members
    Maybe it can be some combination of BrainCoral + GroceryBed + "Some hooding with pump" in a single hull. Prefer to add it to corridor or multipurpose room like a window.
    You know, I really want to build 1 m.p.room in places with rare resources, but even with cargo upgrade of seamoth and cyclop there are too many swimming, I want that room to be a storehouse with a boxes, and maybe a point where I can replenish O2. But if I building it deep enough - no way to effective use of solar panels (nighttime too) and another power source are really expensive to build such storage here and there.
    Standalone, such building can be oxygen station that you can put to have checkpoint to the deep (dangerous caves, labirinths or deep under 500m where SeaEmperor can destroy your Seamoth and you cant swim to the surface in time)
    Now I use the Coral with Bed around my deepwater bases to not to get inside/outside each two minutes. Bubbles everywhere!!! Besides, its beautiful)

Scrap drawing
    http://imgur.com/fN8jp7r
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    I like the idea that could be something we would both need for our bases as a main source of oxygen and a smaler deployable version for cave diving/exploring.

@dealwithitdog : Respect for the effort you put into your pipenetwork. But since we have a sci-fi themed game I really would love to see something more sophisticated then a "giant snorkle" when it comes to oxygen replenishing.

@Chudovish : Nice drawing. Wish I had any drawing skills. I could not draw something decent when my life would depend on it. :tongue:
    @dealwithitdog : Respect for the effort you put into your pipenetwork. But since we have a sci-fi themed game I really would love to see something more sophisticated then a "giant snorkle" when it comes to oxygen replenishing.
    Aw man...
    15729477511_4834fa07fe.jpg