Question about re-spawning

NZ_SimplicityNZ_Simplicity New zealand Join Date: 2016-06-30 Member: 219379Members
Just a quick question, do the sea creatures that can kill you re-spawn if you manage to kill them?
I am only about 14 hours in, have a nice base, but have a little problem with a creature right on the edge of the vines/seaweed (can't remember the proper name) area which is a real pain in the butt cause it always wants to kill me whenever I try to get some seeds etc..
I was thinking if I manage somehow to kill it I would be able to at least get plants and seeds from the edge, but then I wondered what if it re-spawned (hence my question)

Comments

• scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    I'm not sure anymore. The answer has changed over time, from update to update. I know that some of the predators I have killed off have respawned at a much later date in game, but others have not. I have never seen one respawn immediately, though. Not even within an hour or so. I play Stable, on PC, in Survival mode.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Kill it, see if it respawns, then come back and tell us. You've got nothing to lose.
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    Killed a sandshark once with just the survival knife (had to chase it a lot though). Finally killed it and thought the entrance to my base was finally safe. Then its corpse was gone and it came back...
  • NZ_SimplicityNZ_Simplicity New zealand Join Date: 2016-06-30 Member: 219379Members
    Thanks very much for the replies, guess I going to have to try to kill it and see what happens, methinks I going to be dying quite a few times tho :(
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    A seamoth with the electric shock module should let you kill most things safely.

If by seeds you mean the glowing yellow ones, those can also be planted outside your base in an external planter or inside with two multi purpose rooms built on top of each other and a tank in each. I think all the currently useful plant materials can be farmed.
    Long skinny fish that swims in the vines? Stalker. They are apparently attracted to the shiny knife in your hand, and they will chase after Scrap Metal if you have it in hand and drop it when they come towards you. it only lasts for a little while though, so either carry more than one, or work quickly.
  • NZ_SimplicityNZ_Simplicity New zealand Join Date: 2016-06-30 Member: 219379Members
    Ahhh thank you for the tips, have now got a tank setup inside my base and am growing my first 2 vines.
    Haven't managed to get a seamoth yet, still trying to get the blueprints to be able to build one.
    Guess I might have to have an empty slot in my 1-5 so if I get one of those stalker things coming after me I can have nothing in my hands :)

I am pondering restarting my game tho as experimental broke my bulkhead doors so am pondering trying the normal version (I prefer playing experimental/beta versions of games tho as I am a sucker for punishment) but not being able to get into parts of my base is frustrating (oh the joys of testing for devs :p ).
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Ahhh thank you for the tips, have now got a tank setup inside my base and am growing my first 2 vines.
    Haven't managed to get a seamoth yet, still trying to get the blueprints to be able to build one.
    Guess I might have to have an empty slot in my 1-5 so if I get one of those stalker things coming after me I can have nothing in my hands :)

I am pondering restarting my game tho as experimental broke my bulkhead doors so am pondering trying the normal version (I prefer playing experimental/beta versions of games tho as I am a sucker for punishment) but not being able to get into parts of my base is frustrating (oh the joys of testing for devs :p ).

ive had that happen to me as well once. You can still deconstruct any defective bulkhead doors that are blocking your way. Of course, that lowers your seabase's hull strength tho, which sucks. You'll need to build more foundations to compensate or more reinforcement panels.

Altho magically one day my bulkhead doors started to work normally again. Couldnt tell you what broke them nor what fixed them magically either ....
    (Cross posting this from another thread)
    According to a recent comment by one of the Devs, fish that are killed by the environment or other fish *do* respawn, it just takes a while. The implication is that fish YOU kill (by harvesting them for food, eliminating them as threats, or accidentally hitting them with your submarine) do NOT respawn, and will have to be replaced by you if you want to see them again.