Level in NS2

Krzywy12Krzywy12 Poland Join Date: 2016-04-15 Member: 215792Members
Hello friends I have a question. How can I get a higher level? Because i play this game 2 years and I have still level 2 .... I must play on serwer from Ns2 or do something else?

Comments

• BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2016
    Hi there @Krzywy12 !
    you need to play on Ranked servers (also known as whitelisted servers) in order to level up and for your skill level to be updated
    You can easily identify these in the server browser. Ranked servers show the names of the maps in golden color

Once that is said, let me tell you that increasing your level will not give you anything at all in this game. It will only prevent you from playing on Rookie Only servers. The only real reason for wanting to lose your rookie status is if you want to command, because people will probably eject you if you try to command while being green
  • VivisectorVivisector Tacoma, Wa Join Date: 2016-06-27 Member: 219168Members
    I feel weird having my level be 0 even though I played the game years before they added profile levels. Oh well. Guess I just have to play more.
  • LeadersheepLeadersheep Earth Join Date: 2016-06-29 Member: 219319Members
    I still dont get behind the system of this leveling. My level bar sometimes decreases, even after one of my better rounds. But good to know that its good for nothing, just a represantive penis.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I still dont get behind the system of this leveling. My level bar sometimes decreases, even after one of my better rounds. But good to know that its good for nothing, just a represantive penis.

Are you talking about your hive skill, or hive level? The skill value will go up and down based on how well you play and who you play against. Your hive level is simply a function of your total score in game, and you never lose score. Your level always goes up.
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members

I have a theory what you are looking at, I had confusion until I realized the progress bar thingy on the main menu shows the progress to the next level. After you reach the next level you may think the progress bar went down but really its the progress to the next level.