Backed NS2 6-7 years ago and do not have any badges

HannyHanny Pittsburgh Join Date: 2016-06-27 Member: 219199Members
I recently started playing NS2 again, and noticed I don't have a badge from backing the game but I do have my black armor.

It's not a big issue but I was curious if there was something I had to do to get the badge, if it helps I bought NS2 in 2010 when it was bundled with Overgrowth here http://www.wolfire.com/pack

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hanny wrote: »
    I recently started playing NS2 again, and noticed I don't have a badge from backing the game but I do have my black armor.

It's not a big issue but I was curious if there was something I had to do to get the badge, if it helps I bought NS2 in 2010 when it was bundled with Overgrowth here http://www.wolfire.com/pack

Did you keep the receipt? :smiley:
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    There was no backing badge? Badges where not a thing when you pre-ordered NS2, you got black armour from preordering, Then after release of NS2 they started something else that allowed you to donate and in return you got Badges / skins / artwork depending on the level you donated for.

gywsa1zcxpmh.jpg

Maybe he is talking about constellation badge?
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited June 2016
    You should have the black and deluxe marine skin, but nothing else.
    E2gIQ.jpg

The badges were given at anonther backer program.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    There was no backing badge? Badges where not a thing when you pre-ordered NS2, you got black armour from preordering, Then after release of NS2 they started something else that allowed you to donate and in return you got Badges / skins / artwork depending on the level you donated for.

gywsa1zcxpmh.jpg

Maybe he is talking about constellation badge?

Maybe? that was before you were able to preorder ns2 tho, i think it stoped sometime before NS2 preorders?

I got my Constellation back around 2005-2006? so nearly 10 years ago lol :( am old
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2016
    The first NS2 badge was the Pax one, then IIRC came the World championship one?

Before NS2 was even a thing, constellation. But that was NS related not NS2 and was ended somewhere at the end of NS2 beta I think...

There was never a badge for Natural Selection 2 - Special Edition or the default pre-release-pre-order
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Before NS2 was even a thing, constellation. But that was NS related not NS2 and was ended somewhere at the end of NS2 beta I think...

April 3rd, 2012 is about when the donation page was taken down, judging by this thread.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/117547/constellation-is-now-closed
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff

Is it possible you had an account before - just cannot remember it/can't access it?
    edited June 2016

Have your tried redeeming you badges via hive.naturalselection2.com yet?
  • HannyHanny Pittsburgh Join Date: 2016-06-27 Member: 219199Members
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Is it possible you had an account before - just cannot remember it/can't access it?

I really don't think I had another account before, when NS2 first came out I played it but was unable to run it on my computer at the time so maybe I made an account.
    Have your tried redeeming you badges via hive.naturalselection2.com yet?

Yeah I have, it doesn't find any badges for my email.
    Did you keep the receipt? :smiley:
    Oh god it was 6 years ago if not more, Steam does say when I activated the key I got for the beta though. 99b4f96c56.png

I guess I was just mistaking, there is no badge just the armor? My bad sorry guys, I guess I got the reinforced program badges mixed up and thought I should get one of them but that was just an event.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2016
    @Hanny follow this link and look at the badges here. http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2172835/#Comment_2172835

Which badge or badges do you think you are missing?