*EDITED* 6 Suggestions, 6 detailed blueprints, almost 5 hours to complete :) (1 big apology)

Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
First of all, this will be the first time I've ever posted anything like this before. Usually I just draw these things up as more of a hobby. seeing as I cant for the life of me attach pictures off my PC directly to my post while posting in suggestions and ideas, for the sake of my sanity I've had to post this here (truly I am sorry) but without dwelling on it any further lets begin. Here is the list of suggestions in the order I have posted them.

- D.A.V.E: A reclaimed life pod that now serves as a floating support vehicle.

- Dive room: A "moonpool" style and a "pressurized style addition to the habitats, used for immediate surroundings exploration, plant harvesting and habitat building.

- Cyclops docking module: A place to finally park the "big guy"

- Submersible maintenance bay: A new addition to the sea bases which allows modifications to the Cyclops submersible.

- Upgrades to the Cyclops

- More detailed view of the EAB's ( emergency air ballasts ) Seamoth changes, CDC ( Concussive depth charge ) and Specimen Containers.

- Overview of the Cyclops, Docking module, reinforced corridor and the Submersible maintenance bay

** EDIT **

-The front view of the cyclops has been added
-cyclops docking module has been added
-Complete overview has been added

Comments

• CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    These are f---ing awesome!
  • Leon01Leon01 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214974Members
    Really impressive ideas and arts
  • OsydiusOsydius France Join Date: 2015-09-19 Member: 208031Members
    Impressive work !! You have obviously spent a lot of time and effort on those ideas and drawings and that's just great. Congratulation!

I love a lot of your ideas:

- D.A.V.E: just brilliant. I also feel that we need a tool to explore that is halfway between nothing (free diving) and the Seamoth, because I feel the Seamoth, as soon as it's done, makes us feel too safe, and while Subnautica is not meant to be a horror game, it should make you feel unsafe (who would not feel unsafe while swimming the middle of an alien ocean filled with gigantic alien creatures). So I can totally see myself using this and slowly descending into the abyss to mine stuff, while watching my surrounding. Great idea, wouldn't change a thing.

- Dive room: Again, great idea for an entrance into the base, not sure about the helm though. I feel you will most likely install your base in safe environment, so you should have a good idea of what's around it. A dive helm for the Cyclops however would be very useful. As far as the entrance is concerned, I think a lot of us have an issue with the fact that we don't use a decompression chamber to access the base, which is unrealistic. A dive room entrance would solve that issue.

- Submersible maintenance bay: also cool. We need to have the equivalent of the Moonpool for the cyclops anyway and your idea is a good one on that issue.

- Upgrades to the Cyclops: some ideas I love, like the Emergency Air Ballast, the Manual spot light, or the Thermal Charge Harness, while others feel less useful to me at the moment like the caterpillar drive since sound plays very little role in this game (as far as I know, creatures react to light but not sound). Would be cool if it was changed though. If sound attracted big predators, then a caterpillar drive would indeed become very useful.

- Seamoth Upgrades: same as Cyclops basically.

Great read overall. I doubt the Devs will have time to implement any of this before launch but they should definitely save it for a future update.

Osy
  • QelsarQelsar Lansdowne, MD Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216536Members
    Only had the chance to read a few in depth before heading to work, but they are quite inspiring........ Really good stuff! Looking forward to see if any of it comes to fruition
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    @Coranth @Leon01 I appreciate it guys!
    @Osydius its taken me around 3 weeks give or take to go through all the renditions, starting from my first doodles of them lol.
    @Qelsar thanks aswell! I'm coming really late to the subnautica party! Only able to start playing it do to the Xbox one version!. Although having one of the designs in game would be amazing!, I'm trying not to hold my breath lol.

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    W.O.A :smiley:

I'd play your game anytime :smile: those ideas all look extremely cool
    At this point i doubt they can be added in the game realistically speaking (mostly in terms of timing) but its all pretty impressive :smiley:

Good job!
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    I absolutely love the D.A.V.E Concept. it's an above-water vehicle that actually sounds useful. I see people posting about boats all the time and it doesn't feel neat or unique. D.A.V.E. However, is unique and has good functionality to it.
  • WarViperWarViper Texas Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216062Members
    I don't think a cyclops dry dock is ever going to happen. It would have to be so massive that it would be very difficult to place and still have enough room to maneuver your cyclops in to dock with it. I would much prefer we get a simple docking module that allows the front part of the cyclops to attach to a part of the base.

I like the idea for the DAVE though as it much more unique than just a boat and it has multiple purposes.
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    edited June 2016
    WarViper wrote: »
    I don't think a cyclops dry dock is ever going to happen. It would have to be so massive that it would be very difficult to place and still have enough room to maneuver your cyclops in to dock with it. I would much prefer we get a simple docking module that allows the front part of the cyclops to attach to a part of the base.

I like the idea for the DAVE though as it much more unique than just a boat and it has multiple purposes.

@WarViper

Actually the dock for the Cyclops is EXACTLY that. The docking module snaps onto the end of a straight corridor piece. The module its self has 4,magnetic clamps that "lock" onto the Cyclops.. The Cyclops hatch automatically opens once docked. The modules bulkhead door is a manual one. Also the dock module extends to meet the Cyclops so as to avoid clipping into or hitting the existing corridor or the SMB

I know that a dry dock for the Cyclops would be gargantuan that's why I didnt go there..

The SMB is another module all together that clamps onto the top of an existing reinforced corridor, but coincides with the Cyclops dock. the fabrication arms extend out from the SMB to work on the Cyclops.

I hope this clarifies a bit more. It was getting late (early?) and my brain was going faster then my fingers.
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    What I like most about your suggestions is that they are not designed to be over powered. Very balanced, great thought work and awesome artwork as well
    @joni65 thank you, One thing I really enjoy about subnautica is everything is balanced, There is no one thing to rule them all. So I really tried keeping to that spirit!
    Someone at least get the get the Devs to glance at his stuff... please!
    @joni65 thank you, One thing I really enjoy about subnautica is everything is balanced, There is no one thing to rule them all. So I really tried keeping to that spirit!
    Yeah, but I was hoping to find the One Ring to rule them all. I thought I was getting close when I found the volcanos and smokers and stuff.

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    joni65 wrote: »
    Yeah, but I was hoping to find the One Ring to rule them all. I thought I was getting close when I found the volcanos and smokers and stuff.

Unless you heard a subnautican version of Gollum muttering MY PRECIOUS! , then yer not ''burning'' yet .... get it? :wink:
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    joni65 wrote: »

Unless you heard a subnautican version of Gollum muttering MY PRECIOUS! , then yer not ''burning'' yet .... get it? :wink:

:s:|:p
    edited June 2016
    "Three Devs for Leviathans, deep in the Depths,
    Seven for the Warpers in Lost River Home,
    Nine for Contained Fish, doomed to Die,
    And One for an Emperor, imprisoned and alone.
    Developers to Code them all,
    Modelers to Craft them,
    Artists to Draw them all,
    And a Survivor to Farm them,
    In the depths of Subnautica,
    Where the Reapers roam..."
    edited June 2016
    Coranth wrote: »
    "Three Devs for Leviathans, deep in the Depths,
    Modelers to Craft them,
    Artists to Draw them all,
    And a Survivor to Farm them,
    In the depths of Subnautica,
    Where the Reapers roam..."

*bows to da SubnautiLord_Of_The_Ring'' :smiley:

*Edit: i liked the first draft better personally :wink:
    "Three Devs for the Reaper Kings deep in the Dark,
    Developers to Draw them all,
    Developers to Craft them.
    And Subnautica to Bind them.

Edit your post and re-quote this; I've changed it.
    "Three Devs for the Reaper Kings deep in the Dark,
    Developers to Draw them all,
    Developers to Craft them.
    And Subnautica to Bind them.

LoL
    edited June 2016
    Hey all!, I want to thank you again for your encouraging words!. I've just edited my posts to include the cyclops docking module and cyclops front view

@WarViper: I've just added the "big picture" which is the diagram showing what I was trying to explain to you in my reply to your original post
  • Silver_EssenceSilver_Essence Burnt river, Ontario, Canada Join Date: 2016-06-28 Member: 219268Members
    @Rooks_Nemesis Wow just wow! For a first time posting your pictures you sure did it spectacularly!

I have a question for you tho, does the cyclops bay thingy have any mod slots? Like a energy compensator?

And I also noticed you said something about material transporting and a seasphere? I'd like to see those to if they're done :)

edited June 2016
    @Rooks_Nemesis Wow just wow! For a first time posting your pictures you sure did it spectacularly!

I have a question for you tho, does the cyclops bay thingy have any mod slots? Like a energy compensator?

And I also noticed you said something about material transporting and a seasphere? I'd like to see those to if they're done :)

Thank you @Silver_Essence I was extremely nervous actually to post these!

To answer your questions

No the SMB does not have any module slots. I wanted it to act along the lines of the moonpool/seamoths balance. Fabricating both the upgrades and torpedo's are costly with the materials and somewhat manageable on the power consumption. If I changed that it would personally kinda feel almost OP and somewhat of a chore (in game that is)

And YES I've actually been working on refining my idea for the "transportation" and "seasphere", although I feel as if the "seasphere" would never ever see the light of day in game do to how complex the building of it would be. Although I'm not a developer so who knows what the could possibly pull off :blush:

Once im done both which is hopefully soon ill just update this post!

Again thank you!
  • R2T9R2T9 United States Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210867Members
    This. Is. Incredible.