Vive VR support?

MerivoMerivo United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212466Members
Oculus has become the jackass of the VR market. I understand Vive is expensive but from what I've heard, it's superior as a VR (also steam support yay).

There any chance for a Vive VR support sometime down the line?

Comments

• EcnahcEcnahc USA Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214400Members
    I really would like Vive support. Can it at least be put up to vote on Trello like the Oculus was? I read one dev said that they have an SDK for Vive, but to not expect anything. While Subnautica is sitll in Early Access, I'd like to be able to vote on giving Subnautica Vive support.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    The only reason that the vive is superior is the fact that it allows for actual movement in game. This would not be possible in Subnautica because it is designed as a sit down experience. I personally don't have or want a vive headset for Subnautica because I believe that the oculus is better for Subnauticas gameplay style and mechanics.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    I don't own a VR set of any kind, but I feel the more the merrier. Give everyone a fair chance to enjoy the game the way they want to play it, resources allowing that is. I understand UW has finite resources to work with, so obviously one or the other will be given priority first.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Yes, the more people with access to VR, the better. I know this contradicts my last post but in my last post I was merely stating that if the Vive got support than some of its cord mechanics couldn't be used such as the full in game movement, body and all. I do hope that the devs look at this discussion.