Update 303 Released! - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited June 2016 in NS2 General Discussion

imageUpdate 303 Released! - Natural Selection 2

Happy Summer Marines! We are ushering in the sunshine with update 303. This is a lighter patch focused on some bug fixes and a couple tweaks and additions to the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2016
    can you incorporate the Rating screen into the stats screen? it's an annoyance right now and I have to remove it if ppl continue to be upset by it. Can't make a statement on that after 1h of playing but, ya know... I'm pretty sure I know where this is going again -.-

@.trixX. :D +1 for Hillarump
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Some feedback:

- Rating screen is nice but needs to be made smaller and look slicker. Stats should appear (if enabled) after the player has rated the game so they don't overlap each other (if they do currently, not sure). Center the box in the middle of the players screen.

- If the game was poor, I like that it has a few preset reasons to pick. It would be nice if there was an 'other' option to type in a (brief) reason why the game was poor beyond the preset reasons. It may produce some low quality responses but may be more helpful if it doesn't match the presets.

The other changes are good too.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Nice "little" patch. That voting system sounds like a good idea.

...eggs have a spawn animation? ô.o
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    THANK GOD that there are no balance or gameplay changes in this patch.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    THANK GOD that there are no balance or gameplay changes in this patch.

There are. They removed the rifle deploy animation after spawning at the IP, allowing you to fire instantly.
    Admittedly, that's minor.
  • nanonoobnanonoob Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211315Members
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Nice little rating screen, though as others have said it needs to be reworked so it doesn't interfere with the stats page at the end. I was unable to rate unless I hit X to close the stats screen. (and a few times it glitched and I was unable to rate at all)

Hopefully the results of this feedback will help push the completion of Hive 2.0.. We desperately need a better skill/shuffling mechanic to help balance teams so there aren't as many bad one sided games.

Also I noticed that during warmup mode friendly fire is on. I assume this is a bug or mistake since the PGP mod never had friendly fire on... Would be nice if this could be fixed since it is good for nothing but trolling/griefing other players on your team.
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2016
    seems like the first wave of annoyance went down... i totally agree with everything @aeroripper says. also whitelist HB... we play the most serious games in NS2 ALL the damn time (that are not comp) .. also +1 @MoFo1 for friendlyfire removal... sh_friendlyfire 1 is sufficient. No need for a change in that reguard. or make it respect the shine setup if FF preGame is true and make it consider the amount setting in the json. 100% is not realistic.. our FF is at 270%, IF we choose to enable it
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited June 2016
    Sorry. What exaxtly this means: "Before, having previously used a gorge tunnel would cause the view angles to be different."?

While exiting the tunnel aliens always looked in the same direction in which they looked at the moment of hoping out from tunnel. Is it different now?
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited June 2016
    Sorry. What exaxtly this means: "Before, having previously used a gorge tunnel would cause the view angles to be different."?

While exiting the tunnel aliens always looked in the same direction in which they looked at the moment of hoping out from tunnel. Is it different now?

"Marines will now always look in the proper direction after using a phase gate. Before, having previously used a gorge tunnel would cause the view angles to be different."

It's about marines. If you used a gorge tunnel as a marine and then used a phase gate, your view angles were different than not having used a gorge tunnel and then a phase gate. That is how I understand it.
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Bicsum wrote: »
    It's about marines. If you used a gorge tunnel as a marine and then used a phase gate, your view angles were different than not having used a gorge tunnel and then a phase gate. That is how I understand it.
    Ye. Seems you right. Just tested, everything works fine as should work.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited June 2016
    GR8 UPD8 EVEN IF L8, I STILL HAD F8 & PHASE G8 FIX M8 i R8 8/8
    edited June 2016
    the "powernode damaged" animation (yellow lights) plays on blueprints O_O .. also the rifle readying animation didn't play at all for me, last round... I know it's supposed to NOT play on spawn... but it NEVER did
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    Is UWE kind of mad on ZycaR ? why is siege+ not listed there ?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Bicsum wrote: »

"Marines will now always look in the proper direction after using a phase gate. Before, having previously used a gorge tunnel would cause the view angles to be different."

Yup, that's what the fix was.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    ZycaR wrote: »
    Is UWE kind of mad on ZycaR ? why is siege+ not listed there ?

Those were just examples. It will work with seige+. It will work with any non-"ns2" game mode.
  • Bobby_WasabiBobby_Wasabi USA Join Date: 2016-04-20 Member: 215990Members
    edited June 2016
    no one is UWE knows what a f*cking close button looks like.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited June 2016
    I am very annoyed with the new feature of voting for the last round played. At least make it a small popup, not taking half the screen, preventing most keys & mouse controls, and being not closable.

Very annoyed with this. Also it can make your keys get stuck.

Very tempting to 1 star everything and put "game is bad" just because of being required to vote.

It even stays in your screen for a few seconds after you voted...
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited June 2016
    RedSword wrote: »
    I am very annoyed with the new feature of voting for the last round played. At least make it a small popup, not taking half the screen, preventing most keys & mouse controls, and being not closable.

Very tempting to 1 star everything and put "game is bad" just because of being required to vote.

Thanks for your feedback. We're going to be making some changes to it, hopefully before the weekend. Your idea of making it take up less of the screen is good too.

For us, it's a balance. We want to encourage as much feedback as possible because otherwise the data isn't useful, but we also don't want people getting irritated by the feedback system nor gaming the system because either way, the data then becomes less reliable.
    This made me laugh. :D

Anyways, message received.
  • fleasfleas Join Date: 2007-10-13 Member: 62623Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2016
    May I request a "fix" for the in-game font for nicknames have distinctive look for "i" and "L"

Give you an example: NSPlayer vs NSPIayer

one of them is using an i and the other is using an L
    can you tell which one is which?

Because of this, sometimes trolls use other people's nick with L/i and use it to insult/vote others.

Creates a lot of misunderstandings
  • Sinistral_on_SteamSinistral_on_Steam MA, USA Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited June 2016
    remi wrote: »
    RedSword wrote: »

Thanks for your feedback. We're going to be making some changes to it, hopefully before the weekend. Your idea of making it take up less of the screen is good too.

For us, it's a balance. We want to encourage as much feedback as possible because otherwise the data isn't useful, but we also don't want people getting irritated by the feedback system nor gaming the system because either way, the data then becomes less reliable.
    This made me laugh. :D

Anyways, message received.
    I absolutely hate this. I don't care about your skewed results.

You asked for them - and to be so ignorant is only deserving.

I play modded (on a popular pub).
    I enjoy my server.

[Snip] Please be civil and less toxic with your feedback.

• BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    fleas wrote: »
    May I request a "fix" for the in-game font for nicknames have distinctive look for "i" and "L"

Give you an example: NSPlayer vs NSPIayer

one of them is using an i and the other is using an L
    can you tell which one is which?

Because of this, sometimes trolls use other people's nick with L/i and use it to insult/vote others.

Creates a lot of misunderstandings

That is a problem with most sans-serif fonts
    I have never understood why people get offended when they see things written in Comic Sans, and yet they say nothing about 2 letters having the same character in so many other fonts
    I don't like Comic Sans myself, just saying that this is a worst design flaw
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Blrg wrote: »
    Since a couple builds ago, when a round ends you can only open the end screen (with the accuracies and stuff) in the Ready Room, but not while in one of the teams (even if the next game hasn't started yet).

Since in most servers people tend to insta-shuffle, that is annoying because you can no longer look at the stats unless you go back to the ready room

Could we get that back please?
    Not sure if this is a NS2+ thing or something about vanilla

EDIT: sometimes seems to work somehow

Has holding down the key stopped working? You could get your stats up that way in the past.
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Blrg wrote: »
    Since a couple builds ago, when a round ends you can only open the end screen (with the accuracies and stuff) in the Ready Room, but not while in one of the teams (even if the next game hasn't started yet).

Since in most servers people tend to insta-shuffle, that is annoying because you can no longer look at the stats unless you go back to the ready room

Could we get that back please?
    Not sure if this is a NS2+ thing or something about vanilla

EDIT: sometimes seems to work somehow

This really needs to be fixed asap, I thought I was the only one.
    IF Blrg speaks up, you better damn well listen... he knows his shit and would not talk if there is nothing to talk about!